HCFX VIDEO GAME LOUNGE

Capsule

• Members

I'm really sad to hear the Single Player campaign is short.

I really had high hopes that BF3 would up the ante for those of us not interested in online gaming.

The last few COD releases have left me very disenchanted with that franchise.

Maybe it's time for me to walk away from FPS for a while.

I'll pick it up for cheap this time next year.

Meanwhile, I'm interested to know how good AC Rev. is.

From what I saw online it's mostly better graphics and the new bomb making stuff.

Anything else making it worthy of paying full price?

And for those playing Arkham City...

I picked up Arkham Asylum a few days ago and am enjoying it.

My only beef is the position of Batman on the screen. I'm used to being directly behind and above the character.

Not sure I like looking over his right shoulder / having him off centre to the left of screen.

Is Arkham City the same?

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

And for those playing Arkham City...

I picked up Arkham Asylum a few days ago and am enjoying it.

My only beef is the position of Batman on the screen. I'm used to being directly behind and above the character.

Not sure I like looking over his right shoulder / having him off centre to the left of screen.

Is Arkham City the same?

Yup it's the same but I had to just play it again to remember. I don't notice in game at all.

• Members

Agreed, which is why I've avoided the last couple that have come out. Not really into the multiplayer, so why would I pay 60 bucks for 5 hours of gameplay? I'll just borrow it from a friend when they get bored.

Reason why I like CoD Black Ops. Good amount of play time, good voice acting, zombies!

• Members

meh, i love the multiplayer on black ops, and zombies adds a great dimension to it, ive spent lots of hours playing that whenever i get tired of the regular multiplayer. they stuck with a winning formula. the sinlge player of black ops was pretty {censored} though :idk: but overal its one of the few games i can play forever online and not get too tired of. only on PC though, i {censored}ing suck at it with a controller.

SO WHATS THE DEAL BREAUS!?!? anyone have battlefield yet?? its it worth it? will MW3 trump it??

• Members

Loving bf3. I was a cod fanboy until world at war. Played way too much competitive cod2 on PC. I think that bf3 really brings it back to a team based game. If you have {censored}ty players, but good team work, you can get {censored} done. Its definitely not what a lot of casual cod players are used to, i.e. you don't just run around and rambo {censored} with a tomahawk; it's way more tactical than that. I think the depth of the game also just {censored}s all over the newer cod games. I really miss the old call of duty pro circuits on PC (WSVG, CAL-M and I, CEVO, etc), and bf3 definitely is getting it back in that vein, just on a WAY bigger scale. I think a lot of people don't want to take the time to get past the learning curve, if you will, of bf3. A lot of my friends at uni already returned it because it was "too hard" and "cod is better". That translates to "I like to run around with an explosive cross bow and do steven segal dives" :lol:. Different strokes for different folks.

My only gripe about bf3 is the tac flashlights are a little overpowered at the moment, but I guess its also realistic. The controls on the helicopters are also way different than bad company 2, so that's going to take some getting used to. Love everything else though.

• Members

Super pumped for skyrim. Sounds like they really added a lot of features to make it like fallout 3, which gives me a massive erection.

My main MW2 playing friend have been discussing MW3 or BF3, don't know what we're gonna go fer. Probably MW3 as it seems a tad faster paced.

• Members

Loving bf3. I was a cod fanboy until world at war. Played way too much competitive cod2 on PC. I think that bf3 really brings it back to a team based game. If you have {censored}ty players, but good team work, you can get {censored} done. Its definitely not what a lot of casual cod players are used to, i.e. you don't just run around and rambo {censored} with a tomahawk; it's way more tactical than that. I think the depth of the game also just {censored}s all over the newer cod games. I really miss the old call of duty pro circuits on PC (WSVG, CAL-M and I, CEVO, etc), and bf3 definitely is getting it back in that vein, just on a WAY bigger scale. I think a lot of people don't want to take the time to get past the learning curve, if you will, of bf3. A lot of my friends at uni already returned it because it was "too hard" and "cod is better". That translates to "I like to run around with an explosive cross bow and do steven segal dives"
:lol:
. Different strokes for different folks.

My only gripe about bf3 is the tac flashlights are a little overpowered at the moment, but I guess its also realistic. The controls on the helicopters are also way different than bad company 2, so that's going to take some getting used to. Love everything else though.

Are you talking about the Single Player campaign or Online Multiplayer?

• Members

Anybody play TF2 or SC2?

played TF2 since it's release. can't believe it's 4 years this month since it came out.

buying a battlefield series game for the single player campaign is like buying a boss PS-3 for the delay setting. the single player is just thrown in as an afterthought- multiplayer is the whole point and where the developers spent the vast majority of their effort.

i can't play COD series anymore, it's just too repetitive. at least with the battlefield games you can vary the gameplay a bit.

Archived