HCFX VIDEO GAME LOUNGE

Capsule

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

it has like that Halo 1 floaty feel to everything. how was I doing it wrong? I sincerely want to try to play that game again.

I hated melee classes. I was a big fan of sneak/archer custom classes. It makes the game go a little faster when you can either just sneak by people, or take them out without them even knowing where you are. I feel you about the physics though, playing in third person is hilarious.

• Members

I have a ton of games that I bought but never finished, I can never really find the time and when I do play, I end up forgetting where I was and don't want to bother starting over again. I'm hyped for Arkham City though, loved AA and actually finished it, so even though I have other {censored} to finish I'll prob. buy it on release day.

and {censored}ing borderlands 2, I can't wait. I wish there was a way to import your character/stats/guns/etc. from the first game though. hopefully... http://kotaku.com/5837080/new-leaked-borderlands-2-footage-features-sweeping-vistas-old-friends-and-exploding-guns

• Members

I have zero expectations for MW3. Series went so hard downhill after cod2/cod4. Flame me.

I've put enough hours into MW, MW2 and Black Ops (not much in black ops tho) to make me slightly ashamed to think about it. Even if Jesus decides MW3 will be his vessel for telling the world that he exists and is watching you fap, I'm good, No thanks. I'm tired of having to justify $15 dollars for a {censored}ty map pack every two months.

They were good times while it lasted, I'm done.

• Members

Battlefield is going to be so much better than MW3. Is nobody excited about it?

Battlefield 3 will be the most epic video game to come out this year, easily.

I'm beyond pumped, and I've only ever played {censored}ing CoD before. :love: Can't wait to shoot some guys in the face.

• Members

so like. is the multiplayer supposed to be better than MW stuff or more focus on single player

Previous Battlefield games had okay single player campaigns, but stellar mulitplayer. Instead of deathmatch modes like CoD, Battlefield has vechicles and objective based play. Setting charges or defending bases from said charges. If you are the attacking team and you successfully plant two charges and get them to blow, a whole other area of the map opens up and you move up to two more objectives you have to blow up. What makes it even more fun is the fact you can fly in helicopters and UAV's or drive in tanks and boats if the terrain is appropriate. The levels are absolutely huge.

In Battlefield 3, the levels are going to vary even more. In the demo level I saw, you attacked two different objectives in an abandoned suburban area. If you set the charges and you were successful in blowing up the objectives, a building collapses and you move into an underground subway area. Now you have to adapt your gameplay from a big open area with plenty of sniping posts, to an up close and personal subway tunnel. After you get those objectives, you move back above ground to a city center with plenty of places to snipe and hide.

Oh, and everything I've seen of the single player campaign looks incredible too. Here's an actual mission:

[video=youtube;2zw8SmsovJc]

• Members

your excitement raised my brow a bit. whats the big dealio?

Umm, THIS is the big dealio. Just a small sample of it, as well. The initial 12 minute gameplay trailer I watched blew me away.

[video=youtube;2zw8SmsovJc]

In a nutshell, its like the most epic game ever?... yeah.

• Members

Playing: NCAA 12, MLB 11 The Show

Waiting to play: Dead Island (I know its gonna suck, but its got zombies so I have to play it), MW3, Skyrim, SSX (new one in january), Borderlands 2 (holy {censored}ing addicted to the first one)

Ive played both of the battlefield games, just never got into them. Anybody looking forward to Gears of War? The second one was fun, but the multiplayer was broken, so hopefully they work on that.

• Members

are there like smaller maps like in COD?

As far as something like Nuketown? No, not in any of the Battlefield titles I've played. The entire levels aren't open to you right off the bat, but get bigger as the game goes on. It's really, really fun though. Not overwhelming at all

Archived