Deal gone bad!!! PAYPAL ANGRY STORY!!!!

zakkfaerum

• Members

Ok, so here's the deal, I sent a guy $1850 for a guitar last week via Paypal, and he says he's shipping it out. Next day, he says, "Sorry, but someone showed up with money for the guitar. Maddening, but ok, he puts a Paypal refund through. Apparently he had already withdrawn the money from his Paypal account, so the refund is pending, until it clears his bank account. I've been waiting about 6 days and I finally get an email from Paypal. He did not have sufficient funds to cover the refund. Ok so I am starting to get really angry at this point, and send a few emails to him, even though he hasn't responded since he put through the initial refund.

Next thing, he puts through a few refunds from a different Paypal account (a business one I assume). One for $1400, one for $300, one for $48.85 and one for, $1.42. Add that all up and you get $1,750.27. Thats' not quite my $1850 now is it. SO I send him a few more emails demanding my other money. He actually replies pretty quickly saying that it will cost me $100 for the transaction and the case is closed. he will be sending me no more money. WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

I wrote him back saying that he had better refund me my other $100.00, and that I'll be filing a complaint with Paypal, my credit card company and the Police if need be.

Basically, I paid $1850 for a guitar............get nothing............and get a refund for $1750. The $100 is my expense for the transaction apparently.

What else should I do, other than make a 12 hour road trip? Seriously this is screwed up!!!

• Members

F that. If He's deducting HIS paypal fee, then that {censored} doesn't fly. Regardless, you are entitled to a full refund. I say file a complaint with everyone you can, and also send a certified letter clearly explaining the situation and demanding the remaining balance.

• Members

F that. If He's deducting HIS paypal fee, then that {censored} doesn't fly. Regardless, you are entitled to a full refund. I say file a complaint with everyone you can, and also send a certified letter clearly explaining the situation and demanding the remaining balance.

^^THIS^^

• Members

Dicksmoke just sent me $0.01 more!!

Ebay user name ---> aline4501

Looks like he received a negative feedback since I dealt with him. our transaction was not ebay, but he sent all the pics as requested, etc!! Seemed like a good guy!! People like this ruin the internet as a tool for purchasing stuff!!

• Members
OMFG I lol'd
:D

Anyway, dispute it through Paypal. They're so buyer friendly these days it's ridiculous. At least in this situation, you are definitely in the right. Good luck man.

Thanks man!! I just don't understand some peoples thought process of how it works. I mean right now I'm glad to have $1750 back instead of $1850 out there in cyber space, but I'm getting my $100 back. It's the principle behind it. Can't let him win.

It's escalated to a Paypal claim now. I wrote them a nice book!!! :thu:

Archived