Deal gone bad!!! PAYPAL ANGRY STORY!!!!

zakkfaerum

• Members

Seller is an idiot...because the refund wasn't via the original transaction (due to bank foul up?), he's not entitled to a refund of the PayPal fee he was charged for receiving the $1850 and to compound that he sends the OP money thus causing PayPal to deduct fees again from the OP.

This, however, is not the OPs problem and the seller owes him $100.

• Members

I've almost decided these days taht Im only going to deal with people here on the HCAF where I know they've been around for a while. I cant see a longtime forumite ripping off anyone here in most cases.

That said, 12 hour road trip isnt worth $100 IMO, especially if that's one way. What are you gonna do? Show up on his doorstep and say "boogity boo!"?

• Members

Seller is an idiot...because the refund wasn't via the original transaction (due to bank foul up?), he's not entitled to a refund of the PayPal fee he was charged for receiving the $1850 and to compound that he sends the OP money thus causing PayPal to deduct fees again from the OP.

This, however, is not the OPs problem and the seller owes him $100.

No, actually the refund is coming from the original amount so his fees have been refunded as well. He must have transfered money into his PP account over this time I've been waiting for the original refund to clear.

Fees have all been refunded, for him, and I am not receiving any fees charged to me. He is just not sending me $99.72!!!

• Members
this is the reason i LOVE amex....even if you screw up..

you wind up getting out of the deal..

( even tho it cost me $350 per year to have the card.its worth it.)

Have them waive that {censored} :cop:

I just change products every year or two depending on what promotions are available to me at the time.

• Members

OK so he is emailing me back more frequently now that I am trying to work it out. I write emails trying to explain that Paypal will refund his fees and stuff when he sends the rest of the refund through. You know emails trying to solve the problem. I told him that I filed a complaint with Paypal and my credit card company, and will be phoning the police if I have to. His replies are, "F%$# off" , "Hahahahaha", and "Call the firefighters too".

These emails are going to go a long way on his side of the story I would assume. :idea:

The crazy thing about this guy is that it seems he owns or runs an online business, not on ebay. An actual store you can go to. Graphic design. http://www.411.ca/business/Quebec/Saint-Hubert/M-B-Info-Design-Inc/3930367.html

He would save us both sooooo much trouble if he'd just refund me $99.72. I'm not letting it go either. He's not taking my money for his troubles of not sending me anything!

• Members
OK so he is emailing me back more frequently now that I am trying to work it out. I write emails trying to explain that Paypal will refund his fees and stuff when he sends the rest of the refund through. You know emails trying to solve the problem. I told him that I filed a complaint with Paypal and my credit card company, and will be phoning the police if I have to. His replies are, "F%$# off" , "Hahahahaha", and "Call the firefighters too".

These emails are going to go a long way on his side of the story I would assume.
:idea:

The crazy thing about this guy is that it seems he owns or runs an online business, not on ebay. An actual store you can go to. Graphic design.
http://www.411.ca/business/Quebec/Saint-Hubert/M-B-Info-Design-Inc/3930367.html

He would save us both sooooo much trouble if he'd just refund me $99.72. I'm not letting it go either. He's not taking my money for his troubles of not sending me anything!

what is the guys name, i will call that number and bother the {censored} out of him for you, and im sure 100 other forumites will give him a piece of mind too.

• Members

thats because when you paid him they took out $100 for paypal fees..he did not get the full amount, so he figures he only owes you what paypal gave to him .

Paypal refunds the fees when you refund the amount. It wouldn't have cost the seller anything unless he did it wrong.

• Members
WORD.

Dude needs punched in the throat.

Having somebody walk into your business and be nice and polite, but firm, to discuss why you haven't refunded money that you owe my "client" usually does the trick. The key is to pick a time when their are other customers in the business. Nobody wants to loose a contract with a customer because the company has unpaid debts. :)

• Members
Paypal refunds the fees when you refund the amount. It wouldn't have cost the seller anything unless he did it wrong.

This is exactly how it has worked out. The fees are being refunded because the unrefunded balance on PP states $99.72 of the original $1850. BOO. He says he is keeping it for his trouble. Basically he packed up the box, etc. Then sold it to a local buyer. :facepalm: Dumbass!

I am very happy to have my 1750 back, as I was a lot more worried when it was 1850 out there, but still I don't want this idiot getting any money from me.

• Members
This is a calculated scam by the sound of it. Refund the buyer *most* of their money and hope they go away. Meanwhile, he didn't "sell it locally" because there is no guitar in the first place.

I know, but he sent me every picture that I requested as I requested it! :mad:

Archived