Official Matamp/vintage-Orange/Electric owners thread

BlackHive

• Replies 801
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

No recordings yet, but the 6550's didnt fit. I ordered the same EH's that came out of it , but the ones that showed up were bigger. I went with JJ EL 34's . This amp is in the really angry Electric Wizard range when cranked. I'm still dialing it in. Glad I went with EL 34's I can't imagine it with 6550's. It's loud and angry enough as it is.

• Members

Crosspost!

Whoops! Volume overload.

lbWtXaDhRC4

Both speaker cabinets hooked up, volume only at about 10 o'clock, Boss FZ-1 in Mode 1 supplying the majority of the gain, Electric head supplying the volume, Ibanez with the top string tuned to the note of Z supplying the thunder.

• Members

Whoa.. what are those models (besides the C7)??

Current amp is called a "Chino" - no idea why. It's basically for all intent and purposes a C15 - recently serviced and rated at about 18 clean watts. The photo under the sign is from when I picked it up from the factory in Huddersfield in early 2006.

The combo was a 1224 mkII from early 2004. It had an matching extension cab. When I got the C7 in 2005 I was running them together with the C7 as a sort of boost channel.

• Members

I'm posting this here as a heads-up but, honestly, I'll be really mad at whoever buys this because 1) It's a STEAL and another one will never come up for sale again and 2) I need it but can't afford it right now. Guy is selling a custom made 30W combo version of the Matamp GTL for $850:

http://officialmatampownersclub.yuku.com/topic/3081/t/Matamp-GTL-30w-1x12-combo.html

• Members

Both speaker cabinets hooked up, volume only at about 10 o'clock, Boss FZ-1 in Mode 1 supplying the majority of the gain, Electric head supplying the volume, Ibanez with the top string tuned to the note of Z supplying the thunder.

WE NEED MORE BLACKHIVE CLIPS SOON !!!

:thu:

• Members

:thu:

Eh the only other one I have is this one of it being played at full gain.
[YOUTUBE]WWgeCurEypU[/YOUTUBE]

It loses a lot of its growl and fuzzy sound with the gain maxed. It smoothes out and doesn't shake the room as much. That's not a bad thing. It's cool to have that option. It also gets a LOT of gain for only having 3 preamp tubes and not all their gain stages being used in the signal chain (some weird thing about the first tube half-used to control the Deep knob or something). I gotta record this thing at its lower gain or clean settings sometime.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

• Members

i'm thinking of redoing my front panel (ala the surf green guy who redid the orange stripe on his to match) as i also know a girl in the printing industry. any suggestions? im thinking black, or maybe a graphic copy, or just tweaking some things? any of you cats w photoshop help me out?
original front panel:
Orange-Thunderverb-50H_front.jpg

Archived