Official Matamp/vintage-Orange/Electric owners thread

BlackHive

• Members

Ok...so, i just saw a Matamp Minimat 2 for sale.

I'm only going to use this for home/bedroom...so i need low volume...so the attenuator is great. But from the clips i see no one plays this clean. At room volumes does this amp keep clean, or is it always going to be on verge or break up?

What i am really looking for a good low watt clean amp, that i can put my pedals through and play stoner metal at low volume...what do you guys think?

• Replies 801
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Ok...so, i just saw a Matamp Minimat 2 for sale.

I'm only going to use this for home/bedroom...so i need low volume...so the attenuator is great. But from the clips i see no one plays this clean. At room volumes does this amp keep clean, or is it always going to be on verge or break up?

What i am really looking for a good low watt clean amp, that i can put my pedals through and play stoner metal at low volume...what do you guys think?

Yes it does and it should work great for that.

I had a Minimat and Little Rock for a little while. Both were pretty loud, but the Minimat can be dialed back easily for clean or dirt at low volumes. Just keep in mind that part of that stoner tone is volume and saturation.

I think the Minimat is voiced a little differently.....kinda dark and mid focused.......not in a bad way....but it's pretty different compared to most other amps.

The cleans weren't what I would call fantastic, but for stoner stuff they're good.....and at low volumes you should have no problem with headroom.

With the gain and boost cranked it could get pretty gainy.

• Members

Yes it does and it should work great for that.

I had a Minimat and Little Rock for a little while. Both were pretty loud, but the Minimat can be dialed back easily for clean or dirt at low volumes. Just keep in mind that part of that stoner tone is volume and saturation.

I think the Minimat is voiced a little differently.....kinda dark and mid focused.......not in a bad way....but it's pretty different compared to most other amps.

The cleans weren't what I would call fantastic, but for stoner stuff they're good.....and at low volumes you should have no problem with headroom.

With the gain and boost cranked it could get pretty gainy.

Perfect thats all i needed to know! Now i need to sell my gear and buy this!

Archived