Official Matamp/vintage-Orange/Electric owners thread

BlackHive

• Replies 801
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't know what you're talking about.......that sounded awesome!!!!!!

I really like the tone you've got there....very driving, ballsy, deep and sustaining.....still gives me major Electric GAS. Thinking I'll have to try a compressor and boost like you did now!! :love:

Our amps are very different, but still very similar.....I love them both! :love:

• Members
I don't know what you're talking about.......that sounded awesome!!!!!!

I really like the tone you've got there....very driving, ballsy, deep and sustaining.....still gives me major Electric GAS. Thinking I'll have to try a compressor and boost like you did now!!
:love:

Our amps are very different, but still very similar.....I love them both!

I may have overshot it a bit with the gain but I was trying to hold the sustain a bit more. I sat around a corner away from the amp so none of that is caused by the volume vibrating the guitar. Volume was only at about 10-11 o'clock. I wanted to stay right in front of the amp but that corner of the room is packed with electronics and my recording PC and blah blah.. Basically, it's BURSTING with electrical noise in that area and I can't record while sitting in there or all you'll hear is humming and buzzing instead of a guitar.

• Members

Yikes. I can't get that same sound out of mine, Josh. Here's my first try. I think some better EQing or layering or something? Dunno.

Simple drone test:
http://soundclick.com/share?songid=7383671

Excuse the glitch at the end. No idea what that came from haha.

Differant from The Hive Tone, but just as ballsy and kick arse :evil:

Something weird here : I do NOT like any Sunn O))) albums, except ALTAR, (w. Boris), but i LOVE the drone like clips that get's posted in this thread !

GUYS, more clips when you get the time !

• Members

bottom end heavy & (((loos'er))) tone than the stock drivers in the 1960's ?

Why an e609, and not an SM57 ?

Honestly, I prefer my Marshall to my Orange 4x12 w/ v30's. The Orange is too directional, and the V30s' icepick sound is grating on the ears.

The Marshall sounds more "open" and three-dimensional. It was built in the early 80's and it has the usual GT-75's. The speakers are well worn, and they seem to sound better than other GT-75 loaded cabs I've played. I'd like to replace them eventually... I've heard good things about Swamp Things, WGS ET65's, and HOT-100's...

Oh, the e609 is the only mic I own... :)

• Members

My main rig.
tonehengestack006-1.jpg
BLACKAMPPICKUPSFORSALE001.jpg
BLACKAMPPICKUPSFORSALE007.jpg
BLACKAMPPICKUPSFORSALE013.jpg
BLACKAMPPICKUPSFORSALE019.jpg

Here's a quick clip I did for this thread. IDK why I have so much hiss, I musta {censored}ed something up. But {censored} it, I'm not gonna go back and do a soundclip again. I think you'll get the idea. Amp settings are noted in the pic above, master was at 3 o'clock.

http://www.soundclick.com/util/getplayer.m3u?id=7384690&q=hi

Click the SPACECHARGE link below to hear it in action.

• Members

Oranges into Electric Amp Innovations 6x12.

The Single Channel AD30H was mine. The Rockerverb 100 and Rocker 30 belonged to the previous owner of the 6x12.

The 6x12 is actually Serial #001. First ever made. Actual amp pictured on the Electric Amp website. I bought it off the original owner and when he realized what a huge mistake he made he got another. There was actually a stint of time that he joined my band. Hearing two 6x12's in action was insane.

ad30electric6x12.jpg

ad30front.jpg

ad30back.jpg

orange.jpg

6x12angle.jpg

DSC02608.jpg

Br00tel. FJA modded 5150II + stock 5150 + EA 6x12

5150FJA5150II6x12.jpg

• Members
Oranges into Electric Amp Innovations 6x12.

The 6x12 is actually Serial #001. First ever made. Actual amp pictured on the Electric Amp website. I bought it off the original owner and when he realized what a huge mistake he made he got another. There was actually a stint of time that he joined my band. Hearing two 6x12's in action was insane.

Nice, My 6x12 is # 6,
My other guitar player will have his 10x12 rig by our next show. :eek:

• Members

Here's a quick clip I did for this thread. IDK why I have so much hiss, I musta {censored}ed something up. But {censored} it, I'm not gonna go back and do a soundclip again. I think you'll get the idea. Amp settings are noted in the pic above, master was at 3 o'clock.

This is awesome!

• Members
so how about eminence speakers? i haven't tried too many (let alone with an orange or matamp)

As you can see in my sig, I use Eminence also. They are much louder and clearer/cutting than the G12H. I use the celestions in the top cab, they're much darker/dirtier sounding. Certainly don't blow your head off like the EMI's. IF I had to choose though, I prefer the Eminence.The manowars are just vicious in every register. Tonkers are pretty balanced, SwampThangs are very thick, somewhat scooped and the highs are pretty smooth.

• Members
so how about eminence speakers? i haven't tried too many (let alone with an orange or matamp)

I haven't really tried....although, now that I have the Matamp cab, I can take the HOT 100s out of my 2x12, and install the Wizard and Tonker....I have lying around, and let you know......:thu:

Otherwise, I have a pair of unlabeled Eminence 10" speakers that I just love to death. They make an amp played through them sound really good......it's the cab I use the YBA with. ;):love:

• Members
2- 10x12 stacks for guitars, and 810 bass.
:evil:

THX:thu:

As you can see in my sig, I use Eminence also. They are much louder and clearer/cutting than the G12H. I use the celestions in the top cab, they're much darker/dirtier sounding. Certainly don't blow your head off like the EMI's. IF I had to choose though, I prefer the Eminence.The manowars are just vicious in every register. Tonkers are pretty balanced, SwampThangs are very thick, somewhat scooped and the highs are pretty smooth.

to my ears, the thangs seemed to have more mids than the man o war. :idk:

Archived