Official Matamp/vintage-Orange/Electric owners thread

BlackHive

• Members

they only thing that makes them alike is the colour and the name. Otherwise they're completely different.

FZ-2 is an octave down fuzz thing. Huge bass, crazy scoop. Its literally electric wizard in a box.

The fz-5 tries to emulate a maestro, a fuzz face, and octavia. Sounds nothing like the fz-2. Nor does it have any tone controls like the fz-2.

Yeah I haven't tried the FZ-5 but the clips I heard show it sounding nothing like the FZ-2. Fuzz 1 on the FZ-2 is pretty tame and usable. Fuzz 2 is the "Dopethrone" fuzz sound immediately and is voiced really weird and has this metallic, industrial grind sound to it. Really nasty. I mean I like it but it's pretty rough. I haven't heard another fuzz quite like that one yet.

• Replies 801
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

stil no decent clips on youtube, and i have yet to record one and post it. new homework assignment i guess. just tell me the toanz you want recorded. this amp is really good. i was kinda dissapointed to open it up and see spaghetti wiring on a PCB, but everyhting is top notch and very well done. ceramic sockets, gold jacks etc. the output tranny is what makes it a thunderverb, allowing it to handle bass freqs (and WELL, i might add) this plus the built in attenuator make it THE BEST RECORDING AMP i have dealt with. and it seems to know what tones i am trying to achieve and just goes there by itself. even attenuated down to near silence, it sounds huge on recordings. i havent messed with the 200W version. im sure it sounds quite a bit different.

lets just say this orange wooden box of circuitry causes relationship issues with me and my gf. its that serious. pics time:

orangeandsg.jpg

Beautifull rig you've got - love the SG :evil::love::thu:

I think i have mentioned it on this thread, but i'll say it again : "there used to be a VERY good pt.I & pt.II clips on Utoob of the Thunderverb50 a few months agao, doe by an English bloke (early 30's, black hair and a beard).

Looked like he had the rid in a little outside room, away from the house. He also had various other Orange clips, but looks like he took it off, as i can find none any more.

For me, the Thunderverb50 is the perfect ballance between the AD & Rockerverb series.

IF you're going tp make clips, would you be so kind to do one of the setting that i always wanted to hear, but the closest dealer is a 14hour drive away :

Might not be the best setting(s) ever, but there is method to my mad settings. Thanx in advance . . .

Channel 1 :

Treb: 9 o'clock / Mid: 2 o'clock / Bass: max / Gain: max

Channel 2 :

Shape: max bass / Gain: max

Volume, what ever is ok for your house hold !

No need for fancy lead noodleing, just plain old riffing will do !

Again, thank you very much !

:thu:

• Members

Heads-up. A guy on the Matamp forums is selling his "Green" Matamp GTL 120.. probably the best sounding amp they have ever made, in my opinion. Amazing piece of equipment. He doesn't list a price or say if he'd be willing to ship it to the US but I figure it's worth a shot if someone here wants it. They usually sell for an obscenely inexpensive price in the UK.

http://officialmatampownersclub.yuku.com/topic/3012/t/Black-GREEN-GTL-120-for-sale.html

• Members

Thx, Pat.

Having heard this rig in person, I can attest to it's awesomeness.
:evil:
BTW, "POSITIVE" absolutely kills it.

Thanks Mark!

I'm gonna have to start bringing out my extra 2x12 cab to keep up with your 10x12's!!!

• Members

Thanks Mark!

I'm gonna have to start bringing out my extra 2x12 cab to keep up with your 10x12's!!!

How is a 10x12 even arranged? Is it 2 speakers wide and 5 tall? Because that'd be HUGE... but that's the only setup I can imagine it being.

EDIT: Also, I'd like to say that I started this thread because I love amps that sound like the attack sound those 'tripod' machines from the War of the Worlds movie made:

w1hURW6Vxqs

BAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

• Members

How is a 10x12 even arranged? Is it 2 speakers wide and 5 tall? Because that'd be HUGE... but that's the only setup I can imagine it being.

Haha...he has a 6x12 and a 4x12 on top of it. Go back a page or two to see the pic.

• Members

Yes... but remember that matamp doesnt really specialize in higher powered heads anymore.

Plus you'd need a bigger box. 300 watts would be 6 kt88's hahahha.

They currently are producing the GT200 which is a 200W version of the GT120. Recently someone requested a special version of it putting out 400W. Matamp made it for him. Pretty insane.

• Members

Looks like a simmilar cab (+ head) that i nearly bought 3 months ago
:idea:

IMG_1642.jpg

Would love to hear this cab with 8 Emi Copperheads in it

OH MY GOD WANT.

You can't find those 8x10 marshalls anywhere....:cry:

• Members

OH MY GOD WANT.

You can't find those 8x10 marshalls anywhere....
:cry:

HEADS UP. There's an old Marshall 8x10 at TGP for $1,600 shipped.

http://www.thegearpage.net/board/showthread.php?t=512283

EDIT: I don't know what the {censored}'s up with linking to TGP, but right click on my link and select "Copy Link Location" and then paste that in a new tab/window.

• Members

No clips of the matamp, will get it back from the tech tomorrow with fresh 6550's.

3308649300_973ed22a19.jpg

Clips of this are on the myspace link in my sig

Can't wait to hear this monster with the new toobs !

IF it ran only 3 tubes in the past, i would love to know what you think of 4 6550's running flat out !

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Can't wait to hear this monster with the new toobs !

Bump because I want to hear this amp too! Even if it's a cruddy digicam recorded clip or something. hah.

Also, here's a 'new' clip from a couple weeks back of the Electric with a compressor and boost in front to see what kind of high-gain droning sound I can get from it: http://soundclick.com/share?songid=7383671

Archived