• Replies 801
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
It's not
that
high gain, but what was back then?
:cop:
It has TONS of lower mids. You can't really get much treble out of it, yet it doesn't sound muffled or anything.

Though my other one is the exact opposite
:freak:
think it's broken.

I'll try to get a clip soon (working on the matamp clip right now).

Wait.. you have two Orange OD120s and an old Ormat as well?

....... you jerk.

• Members
Yes, this is not the first time I hear about LX, but I'm yet to find a decent higain clip
:(

It's worth noting that, if you call Matamp and tell them you want a tight and high-gain amp but with that unique Matamp growl and voicing, they will happily build one for you. I don't even think they charge extra or much more for a custom one-off like that.

• Members

Check out Katatonia's Great Cold Distance. That was done with LXs I believe and it sounds awesome!

Holy {censored}! Are you serious? I've had that album for years and I never thought.. wow.. I better dig up some more info on it.

• Members

It's worth noting that, if you call Matamp and tell them you want a tight and high-gain amp but with that unique Matamp growl and voicing, they will happily build one for you. I don't even think they charge extra or much more for a custom one-off like that.

Yeah, I thought about that too. I still have some time to decide.. How much in USD to these Matamps run? I was thinking about spending some cash on a CAA OD100SE+ or even a Diezel Herbert.. But I'm pretty sure the Diezels would lack the warm/vintage vibe.. don't know about the CAA though.

• Members

Holy {censored}! Are you serious? I've had that album for years and I never thought.. wow.. I better dig up some more info on it.

Doing a quick web search, the actual Matamp UK site has a link to Katatonia's page and says they've been playing their amps since 2003. Other links I found had people saying they've spotted them playing Matamp gear live too.

• Members

I LIKE the the tone you got there - signature MATAMP tone man
:evil:

What did you use for the recording ?

Thanks!

I used an Ibanez AR300: 01750_87.jpg -> D*A*M meathead -> GTL -> Marshall 1960a 4x12. It was recorded with a sennheiser e609.

• Members

Doing a quick web search, the actual Matamp UK site has a link to Katatonia's page and says they've been playing their amps since 2003. Other links I found had people saying they've spotted them playing Matamp gear live too.

Not quite. Just did my research. The Great Cold Distance was recorded at Fascination Street Studios and they only use Mesa Rectos there (Road Kings).

Archived