Official Matamp/vintage-Orange/Electric owners thread

BlackHive

• Replies 801
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

i dunno, i sure do like the AD version... and as much as a black cloth would be sweet, the whole point of this is to do it on the cheap, since i know a chick at a place that could do the decal im pretty sure.

holy war seen the new orange bass cabs? the 810 is sick looking. also they ave these new ones that have speakers BEHIND speakers. aparently it pushes more air in a compact space. they have 410 the size of joe's mesa 212.

revamped w black knobs
Orange-Thunderverb-50H_invertedf-1.jpg

orange logo?
Orange-Thunderverb-50H_invertedf-2.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members
  • Members

FYI, Jimmy Page's 200W Matamp/Orange is up for sale on Ebay:

Starting bid: $30,000.

IMHO, NO amp is worth that money !

I have a hard time telling myself the Orange Thunderverb50 head is worth the current asking price over at Wild West Guitars:facepalm:

• Members

^ Ah, so that's how Kieffer Sutherland got his signature guitar :facepalm:

For Y0UNGBL00D: Maybe take things a little further and get somethign completely different? You've seen my Bull God one right?

There was a guy who had LOUDER THAN GOD engraved on his front plate in big letters. I always thought he should get a HEAVIER THAN HELL cab. Probbaly the most bad-ass stack ever. In fact I should get 2 4x12"s with those engraved on to go with my Bull God amp

:idea:

• Members

There was a guy who had LOUDER THAN GOD engraved on his front plate in big letters. I always thought he should get a HEAVIER THAN HELL cab. Probbaly the most bad-ass stack ever.

I believe that is "Occam". He doesn't post here very often...

• Members

damnit! i saw "louder than god" on a sticker the other day, and i was gonna have that on my amp, thinking it was entirely original. FFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU

those black cabs are sick though.

and yeah i've seen teh bull. its really {censored}ing cool. i dont like the "bull god" moniker simply because of my distate for kid rock. but its a rad design, and im from austin so there are longhorn undertones that arent lost on me.

• Members

I'm thinking about getting an Orange Rockerverb 50 head with a matching closed back 2x12 cab.

I looked at the specs and noticed that it uses 6v6's for its output stage. Does anyone know if those are pedal friendly?

The reason I ask is because I recently played through an amp with 5881's with one of my fuzz pedals in front and it was horrid. It sounded like a pack of angry bees.

• Members

I'm thinking about getting an Orange Rockerverb 50 head with a matching closed back 2x12 cab.

I looked at the specs and noticed that it uses 6v6's for its output stage. Does anyone know if those are pedal friendly?

The reason I ask is because I recently played through an amp with 5881's with one of my fuzz pedals in front and it was horrid. It sounded like a pack of angry bees.

The response to a pedal is going to be more about the amp as a whole instead of what tubes they use in the power stage.

• Members

DOOM:
[YOUTUBE]uAKgJyoYOHY[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE]J6XMB46hgvg[/YOUTUBE]

Maybe putting the camera on something padded would work better than taping it down. I don't know.. you can't tell in the video because the camera mic doesn't pick up the bass frequencies but the sound level in that room is pretty monumental so maybe nothing will help.

But yeah sounds fairly similar to the Sleep recording, I think. Close enough for being picked up by a digicam mic versus a professionally recorded and mastered amp in a studio, that is. I'm preeeeetty sure Electric Amps borrowed at least a couple of things from Matamp circuits because they sure are similar.

Archived