REB BEACH: KIRK HAMMETT Is One Of The Worst Guitar Players I've Ever Heard

RaceU4her

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
We fought over stupid {censored} all the time as kids, music, sports, pretty much whatever was at hand. What we didn't do is sit on a computer and talk about stuff that we weren't alive to experience.

Context, very important to whatever is being discussed. Those that were there have a different point of reference.

No music sucks, however much you personally dislike it. There are genres/periods that I can't stand, for example almost everything in the last 20 years. But I don't particularly say it sucks I just don't relate to it.

And answer to your question, no at this point there is no need to fight over some things, but after growing up in an era where we weren't pussies, and serving 2 tours in combat I am not scared to fight and fairly confident that I know how to win.

People just take the subjective argument too far to the point where they think no one is allowed to have an opinion. I can definitely draw a distinction between music I don't like and music I think sucks, trust me.

And honestly people who get in fights all the time are hilarious to me... as if being able to take a bunch of hits to your skull somehow makes your argument more valid.. I've handled myself when I needed to, but I don't go looking to punch people out for disagreeing with me, and that certainly doesn't make me a {censored} :lol:

• Members
I lived through the 80s. They sucked.

Winger sucked.

Nothing done by Mr. Beach is more catchy than the For Whom the Bell Tolls' solos.

Anyway this thread is full of men talking about music made for teenagers (metallica included).

Oh and the sound of construction equipment clanging away is more interesting than technical death metal.

This forum is weird. It's full of people who don't like black people but love spandex...

SB

Why thank you. :cop:

• Members

Is he lying? No.

Kirk Hammett?... wow..

If listening isn't enough, look who Reb filled in for:

Vivian Campbell (in 2 bands)

John Sykes

George Lynch

Regardless what his music is, Reb's arguably one of the most down to earth and upfront guys I've talked to. He admits he isn't that good.

• Members

Whatever his motivation, he's correct: Kirk has always been mediocre at best. His 'student of Satch' label is EXTREMELY overrated: He asked Satch to teach him a few quick fancy-sounding tricks, nothing more than that.

Yeah, even Satch thought Kirk was {censored}. That's why he asked him to join him on the G3 tour.

• Members
If he were in a band as successful as Metallica, I doubt he would've ever said that. Jealousy will do that to people.

He just needed a frontman and drummer that could actually write the songs and produce his solos for him, is all... :cop:

• Members

If he were in a band as successful as Metallica, I doubt he would've ever said that. Jealousy will do that to people.

I fail to see where he slagged off Metallica :confused: Besides, he has had a multi-platinum selling career himself, so the jealousy argument doesn't hold.

In fact, this argument reeks of 'You're just jealous!' fanboi-ism :cop:

Reb Beach just stated that Kirk is the worst (famous) guitarist he has ever heard, and i agree with him.

• Members

kirk hammett did more by 1988 than REb Beach has done in his entire career. that was a tasteless comment by Reb. THe hampster isnt the best player ever, but hes a pro and nails it live everynight.

Archived