REB BEACH: KIRK HAMMETT Is One Of The Worst Guitar Players I've Ever Heard

RaceU4her

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Reb Bitch is a {censored}ty player that can't write a decent song to save his life. He needs to suck off a shotgun and stop coming up with excuses for why his band sucked.

hahahaha

First, your signature is the best. Hilarious!!!

Second, comparing Reb Beach to Kirk Hammett is very much like comparing Michael Phelps to the kid that won the swimming competition in the special olympics.

Those who cannot make the distinction, should probably go practice.

Reb is a world class player. While saying that Kirk sucks is an overstatement. Saying Kirk is a great player is simply a ridiculous notion.

• Members

Reb Beach is a great player with really good technical capability. Just cuz WINGER gets a lot {censored} doesnt mean it transfers to his playing. He kicks ass in whitesnake now and has some badass tones. i respect him and wish i could play like him.

• Members

while technical deathmetal is pure technicality.

No it isn't. The best technical death metal is only "incidentally" technical; technicality is not a goal but rather a means to achieve a musical end.

Anyway, the absolute most technical classical generally floors the absolute most technical death metal. Of course this is only to the extent that one can compare the two, being that they're generally played with completely different sets of instruments with completely different artistic goals in mind.

Also please stop saying "classical" to imply one genre as if all classical music is the same... whether you're talking about sound, artistic vision, instrumentation, degree of difficulty, etc, classical music is hugely varied (as is metal, but classical more so, given the head start of several centuries).

(this coming from arguably the biggest tech/brutal death fan on HCAF)

• Members

Also please stop saying "classical" to imply one genre as if all classical music is the same... whether you're talking about sound, artistic vision, instrumentation, degree of difficulty, etc, classical music is hugely varied (as is metal, but classical more so, given the head start of several centuries).

Classical is just an easy term to use. Unless you want to say "The technicality of baroque is on par with deathmetal, as is the classical era during mozart's time and with his influence, and blah blah blah"

It's easier to make blanket statements with blanket terms :o

• Members

Didn't anyone here watch the Megadeth dvd when they ask Mustaine how he felt about Kirk? Was it "Behind The Music"? I know it came out right after The World Needs A Hero. Dave said "He makes use of what talent he has".

That pretty much sums it up for me.

Reb was a little harsh, but like everybody here...he's entitled to his opinion.

Somebody here said Kirk's good for Metallica...:thu:

Reb is seriously a better guitar player, who played in a gay gay gay band. Had they come out earlier, they probably would have been a longer lasting band too. Let's not forget what happened to Metallica around the same time Winger died out.

Kip Winger is actually a very talented musician (Alice Cooper has spoken very highly of their time working together). Still I would've love to see him trying to dance around with his wireless headset...while James' boot came stomping down on him, with Leper Messiah grinding away in the background.

• Members

Metallica would have sucked with a guy like Reb Beach. Reb needs to quit his crying {censored} already. Ok, we get it. Your a phenom unlike any other in Metallica. Key part is he's not in Metallica. He's been in poppy pompous puss 80's metal bands and reunited 80's bands for something to do. KH and co might have some {censored} records, but they have more relevance to their genre than Reb Beach can ever have or talk about. Has beens need to STFU

• Members

I just listened to the Disposable Heroes solo. Anyone who says Kirk is {censored} frankly needs to remove their heads from their asses.

I'll agree that live he's not good, especially as of late, but he has written some great solos imo.

• Members
I just listened to the Disposable Heroes solo. Anyone who says Kirk is {censored} frankly needs to remove their heads from their asses.

I'll agree that live he's not good, especially as of late, but he has written some great solos imo.

:idea: insert cranium in own anal orifice option perrrrlease :wave:

• Members
kirk hammett did more by 1988 than REb Beach has done in his entire career. that was a tasteless comment by Reb. THe hampster isnt the best player ever, but hes a pro and nails it live everynight.

I'd nail it too everynight if I just turned my Wah on and pretended to play...:facepalm:

BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHA FAIL kirk.

• Members

Just goes to show you how kool Reb actually is... he is laughing after Doug says he'll play over Reb while he tries to solo... then brags how badass Doug is... He isn't a prick, he's upfront.

[YOUTUBE]

[/YOUTUBE]

Yea, you're right this guys a troll, terrible player......... LMFAO.
[YOUTUBE]
[/YOUTUBE]

Taken from his website...
AT_rebampsback.jpg

Reb is one of the last standing "guitar hero's" who can play whatever they want and still be musical... Not many of those around.

Throw Reb in a jazz fusion band and he'll hang.
Put him on stage with ANYONE and he'll hang.

Kirk........... well, okay yea, put him in front of Lars with a Wah and he'll hang:thu:

• Members

I'd love to be in his shoes... walk into a bad that any fkn nugget could have played and done "good enough"...

Sorry but he is just that a "Good enough" player. Nobody in the guitar playing WORLD on that level looks up to, admires, digs Kirks playing, thats a fact. How often does Lynch, EVH, Rhoads, Sykes, Beach etc come up?.....

my .02.

Even NOW people are constantly referencing Rhoads, Hendrix, Halen etc... Who has mentioned Kirk thats worth a damn?

• Members

Second, comparing Reb Beach to Kirk Hammett is very much like comparing Michael Phelps to the kid that won the swimming competition in the special olympics.

Those who cannot make the distinction, should probably go practice.

Interesting analogy. From my point of view, having never even heard of Winger, much less one of their songs, Reb is the guy that was faster than Phelps in the high school swimming competition but never made it to the olympics. Kirk is the guy that actually competed in the Olympics, but did so in a relay race and has a medal to show for it, even IF it was only because he didn't suck hard enough to bring the other three guys on the team down.

• Members

Kirk Hammett's reaction to this: "Who the hell is Rob Beach? Oh, 'Reb' Beach? Who's that? The guy from Winger? I thought they were all dead."

lulz. Hammett wins this round. Bugs Bunny beats Daffy Duck every time.

• Members
lol REb may be the most overrated 80's guitar hero ever. He isnt that good, i dont get what the fuss is about over him.

:confused::confused::confused:

Not to {censored} on your shoes bro but Ill never get how someone can say that about Reb while thinking that KH is any good.

As much as I agree with what Reb said, He shouldnt have said it because no matter how true it is, itll just end up blowing up in his face. Im not much of a Metallica fan despite the fact that Ive got most of their albums and have seen twice( Ill never see them again) but I do respect their impact. I also think that Hetfield and to a lesser degree , Lars deserve the lions share of the respect because they really are Metallica, with them, there is no band

Kage

Archived