REB BEACH: KIRK HAMMETT Is One Of The Worst Guitar Players I've Ever Heard

RaceU4her

• Members

Im NOT advocating violence, i dont look for violence, and we should avoid violence when possible...etc, etc

.... but if you think a couple of teenagers/young adults having a regular street scrap "is barbaric violence' then i think you and i simply have different thresholds and standards for violence

There are bigger examples of barbaric violence than a couple of kids rolling around and throwing a kick or punch or so for 30-45 secs..

:idea:

If you're over 16, in general, you should only be fighting in self-defense. That's all I'm saying.

I don't know why I jumped in on this. Something about the "In my day, we did all sorts of ass-kicking" thing ticked me off.

Anyways, Winger sucks.

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
, but I think he's one of the worst guitar players I've ever heard in my life. I've never heard a solo from that guy that was any good. . . This guy is out of tune, and his vibration... what is it? Vibrato. Oh my god. It sounds like a beginner."

He continued, "Back in the '80s, he was always voted best guitar player, and I'm like, 'What?! That guy is terrible.'

"I hate to say that because I might meet him one day.

"What's he play in? MEGADETH? METALLICA? Is he in METALLICA? Oh, then I have no problem doing that because in their biggest video, 'Nothing Else Matters', when they threw darts at a poster of Kip Winger, and then they showed it live

• Members

I had point with this but I seem to have misplaced it.

It was the times, you didn't run your mouth without being able to back it up.
We weren't afraid of pain, or getting hurt. We just did things rather than sit behind the computer or with a iPod or cell phone stuck in our ear.

I am not advocating violence, I just say that I guarantee that a 14 year old from 1986 would absolutely be able to dominate a smarter but weaker 14 year old of today. It wasn't barbaric it was instant karma, you said or did something stupid you got called out on it.

People would be more polite to each other if the old playground fear was still present.

And I agree Winger sucks, but so does Hamster we knew it in 1983 and it's true today.

• Members
Yes it is. It's a prime example of barbaric violence.

We need to put you into a real Mosh Pit. Violence is good. A fight every now and then keeps things honest. If you were in the pit with me barbaric woukld be the proper term.:thu:

Oh yea, and Winger sucks this guys pussified balls.

• Members

We need to put you into a real Mosh Pit. Violence is good. A fight every now and then keeps things honest. If you were in the pit with me barbaric woukld be the proper term.
:thu:

I've bloodied plenty of noses and been bloodied in mosh pits back in the day. But I'm not proud of any of that now.

In order to hear one of Rob Beach's guitar solos, I guess I'd have to listen to a Winger song. (Or maybe skip through one.) Now, maybe his solos are awesome. I don't know. But I'm not going to listen to Winger to hear his solos, any more than I would eat a {censored} sandwich just because it had gourmet ketchup on it.

P.S.: I would totally say that to Rob's face, and then kick his ass.

• Members
I've bloodied plenty of noses and been bloodied in mosh pits back in the day. But I'm not proud of any of that now.

In order to hear one of Rob Beach's guitar solos, I guess I'd have to listen to a Winger song. (Or maybe skip through one.) Now, maybe his solos are awesome. I don't know. But I'm not going to listen to Winger to hear his solos, any more than I would eat a {censored} sandwich just because it had gourmet ketchup on it.

P.S.: I would totally say that to Rob's face, and then kick his ass.

Uninformed genius is uninformed. :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::cop:

• Members

What else needs to be said?

• Members

Haha, this thread is funny. Look, I will say this as a Winger fan. Strictly speaking on who is 'better', there is no better, just what you like.

Having said that, Reb has played with Alice Cooper, Night Ranger, Dokken, Whitesnake, and enjoyed multiplatinum success with Winger, and has a pretty extensive discography with other artists including Chaka Kahn, Howard Jones, and the Bee Gees.

Oh, and he's a Berklee grad.

1. If you think for one second that Winger is the only thing he has done or can do, you're extremely uneducated and should shut your mouth.

2. If you think for one second that Kirk Hammett could have done ANY of what Reb has done, including attend Berklee and/or record for those other artists, you're out of your {censored}ing mind.

• Members
Haha, this thread is funny. Look, I will say this as a Winger fan. Strictly speaking on who is 'better', there is no better, just what you like.

Having said that, Reb has played with Alice Cooper, Night Ranger, Dokken, Whitesnake, and enjoyed multiplatinum success with Winger, and has a pretty extensive discography with other artists including Chaka Kahn, Howard Jones, and the Bee Gees.

1. If you think for one second that Winger is the only thing he has done or can do, you're extremely uneducated and should shut your mouth.

2. If you think for one second that Kirk Hammett could have done ANY of what Reb has done, including attend Berklee and/or record for those other artists, you're out of your {censored}ing mind.

OUCH!!

Daaaaammmnnnn he bitchsmacked some peeps!

:eek:

:cop:

• Members

If it weren't for this thread, I would never have thought of Reb Beach at all.

• Members

im sure this has already been posted, but there was a reason that Stewart wore a Winger t-shirt on Beavis & Butthead....

i always thought it would have been more fitting for them to put a Stryper shirt on him, seeing as how he sometimes hung out with the church youth group kids :idk:

• Members

He sounds so bitter its not even funny. Kip Winger too for that matter. Guess it has to hurt when you get owned on Beavis and Butthead and have the biggest band in the world at the time {censored}ting on you in one of their videos.

I will admit, Hammett sucks ass these days, and he's always had a terrible vibrato. I still like his 80's stuff a lot though.

• Members

If it weren't for this thread, I would never have thought of Reb Beach at all.

EXACTLY why Reb Beaaatch is pissed off and says {censored} about KH.

Reb is a great player but NEVER found longevity in a group. When he says he wanted to branch out in other groups he's full of {censored}.

KH may not be great, but what he has over Reb Beaatch is the fact he's endured and lasted as long in Metallica. KH will always be renowned to metal guitar just because he was in Metallica.

Reb Beach is another great player that was in bands that didn't make it past the end of 80's. Reb Beach is like another 100 of 80's guitarists where people have to be reminded of who he was. He's an "Oh yea, that guy"

Ghey songs about underage dating vs songs about mastering puppets. KH wins on all accounts. Sorry Reb. Cool player but STFU with your jealousy.

Archived