REB BEACH: KIRK HAMMETT Is One Of The Worst Guitar Players I've Ever Heard

RaceU4her

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

yeah, but everyone is ripping on him for the band he was in and not about his proficiency on the instrument... and He's telling the truth. which is borderline fact :lol:;)

The guy can play, I'm not a fan, just know the dude can play, saw them when they opened for KISS years ago, and was blown away by his solo.

• Members
, but I think he's one of the worst guitar players I've ever heard in my life. I've never heard a solo from that guy that was any good. . . This guy is out of tune, and his vibration... what is it? Vibrato. Oh my god. It sounds like a beginner."

He continued, "Back in the '80s, he was always voted best guitar player, and I'm like, 'What?! That guy is terrible.'

"I hate to say that because I might meet him one day.

"What's he play in? MEGADETH? METALLICA? Is he in METALLICA? Oh, then I have no problem doing that because in their biggest video, 'Nothing Else Matters', when they threw darts at a poster of Kip Winger, and then they showed it live

• Members

the 80's hair band's sucked!!...they did there best to kill everything that was great about metal.....and winger was the epitome of that!,...heavy metal is supposed to be edgy,..not some nuetered, feminized,...shined up piece of crap that hair bands were,.....hair bands were factory produced crap,..to sell to teenage girls,...no one,..and i mean no one !! would admit to owning,or even liking a winger album back in the day,..now to my horror there's a nitche group that actualy like this crap!!!
i have no use for that guitar style,..scales are scales,...there not supposed to be your solo!!!,...i dont care how fast you play them,....that {censored} is lifeless,....it has no soul,..,...but like the zombie it is,...ya have to cut the head off to kill it,...

who's with me!!!,..lets kill all of the zombies!!!

• Members
LOL.

I'm just not a big fan of badmouthing, especially among famous people. Like someone else said earlier in this thread, this seems to be Reb Beach's only way to get some attention. Pretty poor IMO
:idk:

You mean like, every person on this forum, bashing all of these uber-successful guitarists and musicians?? :lol::lol:

I for one love it. Artists and players who can rip sub-par musicians should have an attitude about them. Especially if/when they can back their smack talk up. :thu: We need to incorporate the rapper-lifestyle gang warfare element into rock I think. Talk about a revolution! Imagine some drummer from a late 00's rock band pulling a driveby on Hamster! :love:

• Members
the 80's hair band's sucked!!...they did there best to kill everything that was great about metal.....and winger was the epitome of that!,...heavy metal is supposed to be edgy,..not some nuetered, feminized,...shined up piece of crap that hair bands were,.....hair bands were factory produced crap,..to sell to teenage girls,...no one,..and i mean no one !! would admit to owning,or even liking a winger album back in the day,..now to my horror there's a nitche group that actualy like this crap!!!

i have no use for that guitar style,..scales are scales,...there not supposed to be your solo!!!,...i dont care how fast you play them,....that {censored} is lifeless,....it has no soul,..,...but like the zombie it is,...ya have to cut the head off to kill it,...

I think I liked it better when you didn't post much. :p

• Members

:lol::facepalm:

• Members

The self-titled debut, was released in 1988 on Atlantic, achieved platinum status in the United States, and gold in Japan and Canada.

In 1990, the band was nominated for an American Music Award for "Best New Heavy Metal Band". Shortly after, WINGER released its second album "In the Heart of the Young", which went platinum in the U.S. and gold in Japan.

this + your avatar = win.

• Members

I think you need a hug.....

badly

ASAP

:facepalm:

• Members

I lived through the 80s. They sucked.

Winger sucked.

Nothing done by Mr. Beach is more catchy than the For Whom the Bell Tolls' solos.

Anyway this thread is full of men talking about music made for teenagers (metallica included).

Oh and the sound of construction equipment clanging away is more interesting than technical death metal.

This forum is weird. It's full of people who don't like black people but love spandex...

SB

• Members

she's only seventeen......

kip1.jpg

la_et_chris_hansen_st.jpg

• Members
I lived through the 80s. They sucked.

Winger sucked.

Nothing done by Mr. Beach is more catchy than the For Whom the Bell Tolls' solos.

Anyway this thread is full of men talking about music made for teenagers (metallica included).

Oh and the sound of construction equipment clanging away is more interesting than technical death metal.

This forum is weird. It's full of people who don't like black people but love spandex...

SB

WHAT

THE

{censored}

WAS

THAT?

:freak:

:freak:

• Members

There are sure a lot of idiots that post here. Yeah, Reb Beach sucks...
Right...
Has anybody even listened to the riffage he did with Dokken?
Wow, why arn't you guitar "gods" putting out music??
We could use some real rock n' roll out there, why not do something CONSTRUCTIVE with your time? :confused:

• Members

Right...

We could use some real rock n' roll out there, why not do something CONSTRUCTIVE with your time?
:confused:

I will if I can borrow your Bugera.:poke:

• Members

Right...

We could use some real rock n' roll out there, why not do something CONSTRUCTIVE with your time?
:confused:

I don't think his playing sucks at all but just have never been into Winger or Dokken (I'm not a major Lynch fan, either). And I don't like the way the sig guitar looks, but if I tried it and liked the way it played and sounded I'd probably buy one.

Archived