REB BEACH: KIRK HAMMETT Is One Of The Worst Guitar Players I've Ever Heard

RaceU4her

• Members
:confused:

Not to shot on your shoes bro but Ill never get how someone can say that about Reb while thinking that KH is any good.

As much as I agree with what Reb said, He shouldnt have said it because no matter how true it is, itll just end up blowing up in his face. Im not much of a Metallica fan despite the fact that Ive got most of their albums and have seen twice( Ill never see them again) but I do respect their impact. I also think that Hetfield and to a lesser degree , Lars deserve the lions share of the respect because they really are Metallica, with them, there is no band

Kage

This.

Nice to see ya again, ya lurkin' bastige! :thu:

How's life in teh Big Apple, broski?

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Not to {censored} on your shoes bro but Ill never get how someone can say that about Reb while thinking that KH is any good.

As much as I agree with what Reb said, He shouldnt have said it because no matter how true it is, itll just end up blowing up in his face. Im not much of a Metallica fan despite the fact that Ive got most of their albums and have seen twice( Ill never see them again) but I do respect their impact. I also think that Hetfield and to a lesser degree , Lars deserve the lions share of the respect because they really are Metallica, with them, there is no band

Kage

+1, good post

WOW a Kage sighting :lol:

Come around once in a while ya bitch and how do you like this market lately? BTW anyting going on with bands/gigging anytime soon?

• Members

Taken from his website...

AT_rebampsback.jpg

Reb is one of the last standing "guitar hero's" who can play whatever they want and still be musical... Not many of those around.

Throw Reb in a jazz fusion band and he'll hang.

Put him on stage with ANYONE and he'll hang.

Kirk........... well, okay yea, put him in front of Lars with a Wah and he'll hang:thu:

fixed. u gotta take out the = & all b4 it.

• Members
After the Unforgiven 3 solo anyone can say he's {censored}.

Ok maybe I should have said was. He ruined every song on DM I'll admit that. I thought he did a good job on the S&R solo but then I found out James did the first solo :facepalm:

• Members
yeah your right,...IF YA LIKE HE-SHES WITH BRACELETS,..AND!!...OH AND GET THIS!!,...LEATHER CHAPS!!!....HENHEHEHEHEEEEEEE

DID YA HEAR ME!!....CHAPS!!!....BAAAHAHAHAHAAAAA

but seriously folks,...typical 80's crap...a very bad time to be a guitarist,..i honestly dont get why anyone would like that,....unless ya like cheesey,..cliche,..scales,...nothing new,....dosent break one rule,...and to be great...or to be even good!,..you have to break rules,..other wise......same ole,...same ole........this is the type of crap that killed the guitar gods,..i say we kill all the 80's pukes!

Dude, you need to get laid...I mean, soon...:rolleyes:

• Members

I just listened to the Disposable Heroes solo. Anyone who says Kirk is {censored} frankly needs to remove their heads from their asses.

I'll agree that live he's not good, especially as of late, but he has written some great solos imo.

Agree, love that solo. He's not a great guitar player all around, but he's written some sweet solo's.

[YOUTUBE]okL9E9u2m2w[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]mBom_EWNDek&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

Its funny watching some of the guys on here bash him and act like they're better, but can't back it up. Hey, forget being an arena superstar when you can be a bedroom superstar.

• Members
blah blah .. what a bunch of bull{censored}. Winger was a POP band, they wrote songs
specifically tailored to appeal to a large demographic
. They just FAILED at it.

We're not talking about a jazz or instrumental band here.

They just FAILED at it :confused: Having your band on MTV every other hour back in the late 80's is not a FAIL. I dont no how many CD'S they sold but I am sure it was enough for them to retire if they were smart.

Never cared for them but yea REB BEACH smokes Kirk.

• Members

From Wikipedia (I know, I know):

On Metallica:

The band has sold an estimated 100 million records worldwide

On Winger:

two platinum albums and a gold album in the US

My estimate of approximately 3 million records sold worldwide. Not bad by any stretch but not earth-shattering like Metallica above.

No matter the technical abilities, I'd say that Metallica has more artistic acumen and business savvy than Winger.

• Members

Its funny watching some of the guys on here bash him and act like they're better, but can't back it up. Hey, forget being an arena superstar when you can be a bedroom superstar.

It's one thing to be able to play someone else's music better than they do. It's another thing to be able to create the music yourself.

I don't see why there is so much Kirk bashing here. I've never heard him say he's a great guitar player or the best in the world. Actually he's probably the most humble millionaire guitar player most will ever see.

On Metallica:

The band has sold an estimated 100 million records worldwide

I've heard that estimate for a long while now. I'd guess it's probably closer to 110-120 million by now.

• Members

i used to watch the year and a half... live part and thought all the off notes in kirks solos was the VHS tape wobbling from my {censored}ty VCR. it was a sad day when i figured out it wasnt the VCR that sucked

Which performances? You can probably see them on youtube.

Archived