THE "What's for Dinner?" Thread! (Mods? Sticky? Please???)

LoopQuantum

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by Cooker

View Post

Thread starter you're a real dingleberry. You started this just so you could show off and post your 900 dishes right off the bat. What an attention whore. Oh and "Mods Sticky Please???" ? Really? This is an amp forum. You're real full of yourself

Damn, man, did your mom burn your microwave burrito last night, or what? facepalm.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by LoopQuantum

View Post

I dare say we've assembled a fatty food posse right hurr.

No {censored}, Loop...that chicken I made is the farthest thing from healthy. It's better than say, shoveling spoonfuls of lard into my nommer, but only just. thumb.gif

• Members

Hey this thread has motivated me to learn how to cook something other than a Swanson salsbury steak in the microwave. I am going to be taking a 4 part cooking course here in nyc starting in October. Its very expensive, but im very motivated so im up for the challenge and it will be well worth the money i think.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by jnurp

View Post

Hey this thread has motivated me to learn how to cook something other than a Swanson salsbury steak in the microwave. I am going to be taking a 4 part cooking course here in nyc starting in October. Its very expensive, but im very motivated so im up for the challenge and it will be well worth the money i think.

Good luck with it, nurp...but in all honesty, I learned what I know just from watching the Food Network. icon_lol.gif But you have to watch the actual cooking shows, not the {censored}ing reality show bull{censored} that they're apparently trying to switch over to.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Murdoch

View Post

Good luck with it, nurp...but in all honesty, I learned what I know just from watching the Food Network. icon_lol.gif But you have to watch the actual cooking shows, not the {censored}ing reality show bull{censored} that they're apparently trying to switch over to.

this.

I've gained some good nuggets from all of the shows, but Alton Brown is the MAN!

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by guitarslinger

View Post

As much as people talk {censored} about Rachel Ray, it's a GREAT foundation for beginning cooking.

She's annoying as hell, but I TOTALLY agree. Good food, proper combinations and mechanics, etc. I can't stand her though. mad.gif

Nurp: AWESOME!

Pick up a copy of the Larrousse Gastronomique. This is not optional. This is the BIBLE of food. Do it now.

• Members

Other great books:

Alton Brown: I'm just in it for the Food

Anthony Bourdain: Les Halles Cookbook

Thomas Keller: French Laundry Cookbook

Thomas Keller: Bouchon

and the always valid "The Joy of Cooking", by Irma Rombauer.

Every one of these is in my kitchen!!!!

• Members

More noms, Loop: I got this for $10...eek.gif

ribs.jpg

Dry rub, with paprika, salt, black pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, red chili flakes, and chili powder:

dryrub.jpg

I cheated on the sauce, (cry.gif) and it's not on there yet. I don't have a smoker, so I'm having to slowly bring this lovefest along in my oven.

icheated.jpg

I can't wait. love.gif

• Members

View Post

More noms, Loop: I got this for $10...eek.gif

ribs.jpg

Dry rub, with paprika, salt, black pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, red chili flakes, and chili powder:

dryrub.jpg

I cheated on the sauce, (cry.gif) and it's not on there yet. I don't have a smoker, so I'm having to slowly bring this lovefest along in my oven.

icheated.jpg

I can't wait. love.gif

{censored}in NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by pioneerprogress

View Post

this.

I've gained some good nuggets from all of the shows, but Alton Brown is the MAN!

This, 100%. If you actually want to learn to cook, Good Eats is THE show to watch. The man explains everything down to the last detail.

• Members

View Post

I don't have a smoker, so I'm having to slowly bring this lovefest along in my oven.

I don't have a smoker either, my compromise is to put the meat on the top shelf of the grill, and cook it over wood chips for at least 30 mins before slow-cooking it in the oven.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by NITROHOLIC

View Post

i hate being poor. cry.gifcry.gifcry.gifcry.gif romon noodles again. . . ftw biggrin.gif

Pork chops are usually pretty cheap food, at least over here.

With some good spices, an oven, and a little time, you can make DAMN good chops with little money.

We usually have chops made from the neck, because they have more fat, and are more tender. Lots of spices, a little butter, with some foil over in the beginning, at around 150 celsius, take the foil away towards the end, and turn up the heat to 200, grill the last minutes.

Take out the chops, and pour some water in the oven pan, let it boil, and use as gravy. Pour over boiled potatoes, it`s yum yum yum.

Norwegian neck pork chops look like this, dunno if it is the norm to use that piece for chops in the US?

shutterstock_20866927.jpg

Archived