THE "What's for Dinner?" Thread! (Mods? Sticky? Please???)

LoopQuantum

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Italian sausage = ground/chopped pork with spices, and a percentage of fat?

But sold "loose", without any skin?

Sold in links, patties or ground. Italian sausage is simply a medium-high fat content pork sausage, usually with some combination of salt, caraway/fennel seed, red pepper, and other italian spices....(sometimes garlic, sometimes oregano, basil, etc)

• Members
Sold in links, patties or ground. Italian sausage is simply a medium-high fat content pork sausage, usually with some combination of salt, caraway/fennel seed, red pepper, and other italian spices....(sometimes garlic, sometimes oregano, basil, etc)

Damn, I gotta get myself a food processor! :D
I need a meat grinder nao!

• Members

true confessions: I had help with the tart as a pastry chef, i am not!!! But it was made from scratch, yeah.

s'ok mang. I'll bet it was TASTY!

Pastries are definitely a school of discipline all their own. I spent MONTHS working with nothing but breads...it's ALL chemistry. Ugh.

I do a pretty mean appetizer with phyllo, gruyere, and cremini mushrooms...I need to do that again sometime.

GF's been beggin for a quiche too!!!

• Members
THESE PLEASE!!!

:love:

I am BROKE until the kids go back to school, mang. They stay with me during the summer, but my child support goes year round. So, Right now, I'm paying about 800/month for daycare, PLUS over 1000/month in child support, in addition to my mortgage. Ugh.

It's AWESOME having my kids, but I'll be able to breathe again when they're back in school. :lol:

• Members
I am BROKE until the kids go back to school, mang. They stay with me during the summer, but my child support goes year round. So, Right now, I'm paying about 800/month for daycare, PLUS over 1000/month in child support, in addition to my mortgage. Ugh.

It's AWESOME having my kids, but I'll be able to breathe again when they're back in school.
:lol:

WHAT THE {censored}. Dude, I work in child support, and there's no way in {censored} you should be paying your child support while you have your kids. Trust me on this one, I've arranged it several times. You need to contact the child support division in your local government. You're getting butt{censored}ed on that one. The only way I could see that holding steam is if it's specifically mentioned in your divorce decree that you are to pay that amount regardless of where physical custody of your daughters are. If it doesn't, CALL SOMEONE.

No hijacking, though...I'm considering making smothered chicken tonight, with a bit of an asian twist, on a bed of rice that's been made with chicken stock. :love: Depends on if I can force myself to go the grocery store tonight. :lol:

• Members
WHAT THE {censored}. Dude, I work in child support, and there's no way in {censored} you should be paying your child support while you have your kids. Trust me on this one, I've arranged it several times. You need to contact the child support division in your local government. You're getting butt{censored}ed on that one. The only way I could see that holding steam is if it's specifically mentioned in your divorce decree that you are to pay that amount regardless of where physical custody of your daughters are. If it doesn't, CALL SOMEONE.

No hijacking, though...I'm considering making smothered chicken tonight, with a bit of an asian twist, on a bed of rice that's been made with chicken stock.
Depends on if I can force myself to go the grocery store tonight.

My lawyer told me that my total obligation is averaged out over the entire year. Indiana laws, I guess.

...and.....ouch.

Back to food. :lol::love:

• Members

It's AWESOME having my kids, but I'll be able to breathe again when they're back in school.

Dude... OUCH!!! :eek:

Mojo sent!

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by LoopQuantum

View Post

I do a pretty mean appetizer with phyllo, gruyere, and cremini mushrooms...I need to do that again sometime.

I sometimes do up little tarts with phyllo, gruyere, and shallots sauteed in red wine... yeah, I need to do that again sometime too. But I will try it with shrooms too.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by LoopQuantum

View Post

I don't see risotto, so I'd assume the latter option....

Bingo! The Risotto should have been in quotes, but I think you got what I meant....

In a large saucepan, brown 1lb of dry penne in oil until lightly browned; also have 1 carton of stock simmering in a smaller pot, adding 1 or 2 ladles at a time to the pasta, then adding more as it's absorbed. Add a couple teaspoons of tomato paste; a 1/2 cup of red wine, and toward the end, a 1/4 cup of finely chopped fresh rosemary. When your carton of stock is absorbed, add water if needed until it's cooked al dente.

Finished with a couple tablespoons of butter and a handful of freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese. Salt and pepper to taste. Serve hot, adding more cheese as wanted.

4 ingredients, 25 minutes = win! thumb.gif

• Members

Okay Loop, you {censored}ing temptress, you and this thread are making me cook more. cop.gif

Smothered chicken tonight. Got these four HUGE (eek.gif) boneless, skinless chicken breasts marinating right now. Salt, white pepper, black pepper, garlic powder, and ginger on them, and that's Italian salad dressing that they're marinating in right now. Going to do a bed of rice, made with chicken broth and soy instead of water. Button mushrooms, green peppers, and red peppers going to be stir-fried, chicken baked off with aluminum foil so they stay moist, and veggies put on chicken and covered with cheese to finish. thumb.gif Moar pics when it's done.

001.jpg

Archived