What Whiskey Are You Drinking?

.homewrecker.

• Replies 655
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Man, from what few mainstream Irish whiskeys Ive had, I can hardly stand em (similar IMO to canadian whiskeys). This being from an irish background.

They just seem bland.

Gimmie Bourbon or Scotch anyday.

However tonight Im on Tequila (a good one)... Man cannot live on whiskey alone....

• Members

Man, from what few mainstream Irish whiskeys Ive had, I can hardly stand em (similar IMO to canadian whiskeys). This being from an irish background.

They just seem bla9nd.

Gimmie Bourbon or Scotch anyday.

However tonight Im on Tequila (a good one)... Man cannot live on whiskey alone....

You should try some Tallamore Dew that might change your mind.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Not familiar with that. What's it like?

I'll be opening it tomorrow, so I'll report back...

But there's another they make, A'Bunadh, which I love 60%, but no paintstripper. Beautiful stuff. I'm sure I'll love this too. :love:

• Members

Now that I have familiarized myself with the sweet burn of Evan Williams as basically the only whiskey I've been drinking for months...everything else is EXTRA delicious.

:lol::lol::lol:

This is what we drink at school

• Members
I'll be opening it tomorrow, so I'll report back...

But there's another they make, A'Bunadh, which I love 60%, but no paintstripper. Beautiful stuff. I'm sure I'll love this too.
:love:

Ahhhhh, I LOVES me some Aberlour A'Bunadh, you HAVE to mix this with some water, otherwise it is brutal. I'll buy a dram or two at a local pub with a HUGE selection of single malts, without cutting it with water, it'll make your gums and cheeks numb!!! And i believe it is somewhere in the vicinity of 57% alcohol, about 120 horse.

• Members

Makers Mark is delicious and they also have the best factory tour around. I dunked my own bottle. They also make things the correct way for a classic bourbon, it tastes good, price is alright.

If you wanna go cheap Evan Williams is pretty good, the same distilery makes Elijah Craig and a few others. Beam Rye is pretty good too on the cheap, though regular beam pricing is closer to a decent drink than it is.

I've been to scotland and done a good amount of scotch, the high prices I don't get. I've tried a bunch and I don't know if any were worth the 80-100/bottle.

• Members

Makers Mark is delicious and they also have the best factory tour around. I dunked my own bottle. They also make things the correct way for a classic bourbon, it tastes good, price is alright.

a) makers mark is not delicious. it's vanilla extract that they got wrong.

b) i can't see the factory from my porch.

c) what the hells 'the correct way'?

d) it doesn't taste good.

just sayin.

• Members

a) makers mark is not delicious. it's vanilla extract that they got wrong.

b) i can't see the factory from my porch.

c) what the hells 'the correct way'?

d) it doesn't taste good.

just sayin.

It mixes well. :lol:

I use Makers for Mint Juleps.

Archived