What Whiskey Are You Drinking?

.homewrecker.

• Replies 655
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Well, I now have another bottle of scotch! :)

No expense spared of course - Reduced price Sainsbury's own brand single malt.

Buying it was pretty funny, though. Predictably it had a plastic security top on it. The poor girl on the till put it into the unlocker gizmo on the till to remove it, and in taking it off, somehow managed to remove the cork from the bottle. Whisky everywhere. :lol::lol::lol:

It looks like this.

sainsburys_speyside_single_malt_scotch_w

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky Bobby

View Post

{censored}, I need some damn whiskey

baby is screaming.

I'm exhausted.

I have no whiskey in the house.

I want some Jack Daniels.

my wife is at work.

is it wrong to take your baby to the liquor store? redface.gif

Only if you start drinking on the drive home. icon_lol.gif

• Members

Right now, a double of Black Bush. I was told that if you are a Speyside scotch guy, it was one of the better Irish Whiskey's to go with. Couldn't have been more right.

I also have a bottle of Trader Joes Tilmore scotch, which is a pretty darn good sip for $17 a bottle. I like a good sinlgle malt, and that Tilmore is a nice, non-offensive cheaper alternative.

My favourite is probablt McCallan 18 so far, Balvenie 10 was great for a 10... Speyburn is nice, Arbelour also quite an easy sip.. Singelton was nice and basic, Chivas Regal (if it's good enough for old Blue Eyes...) is my go-to blend.... crap, I think I've tried too many single malts to list.. still a lot more to try! I love relaxing at the end of the week with a shot or double on the rocks, sipped slowly enough to really enjoy.

Recommend some good $50-$75 bottles please, I'm about due for another good one to go into my decanter.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by JRBain

View Post

thumb.gif

I'm a scotch man myself, but I tried Wild Turkey the other week. I thought it was very nice indeed.

Wild Turkey 101 is a terrific American Bourbon. Great flavor, great finish and an awesome price.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by bassred

View Post

Recommend some good $50-$75 bottles please, I'm about due for another good one to go into my decanter.

Glenmorangie Quinta Ruban - mint chocolatey and kind of nutty flavors. It's not too sweet, which is probably why I like it so much. It's pretty different from everything else I've had.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky Bobby

View Post

{censored}, I need some damn whiskey

baby is screaming.

I'm exhausted.

I have no whiskey in the house.

I want some Jack Daniels.

my wife is at work.

is it wrong to take your baby to the liquor store? redface.gif

Jack Daniels? Please,....we can do better than that.

It's only wrong to bring a baby to the liquor store if you buy Jack Daniels. cop.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by JRBain

View Post

None, currently. Unemployment. cry.gif

But when I avail myself of monies I shall buy another bottle. It will probably be Aberlour A'bunadh. So good love.gif

Brutal!!! I love it, every once in a while I go to a local Irish Pub and get a glass of that, she's somewhere around 120 horse though, definitely needs some water, makes my mouth and gums numb when I drink it. 59.4% alcohol I believe.thumb.gif

• Members

I'm a Glenmorangie fan... I'll drink most of their stuff... the 8 Yer old "original" is pretty much my go to scotch... but every now and then I like to pick up their "extra matured" stuff which is basically the 8 year old transfered in to another cask that's been used for aging another liquor.. I find the 12 Year old aged in the Sherry Cask really nice

the_lasanta.jpg

BUT.. I was travelling this week on business and I decided I'd treat myself so I bought the 18 year old in duty free. This is basically a 15 Year Old which is moved to a sherry cask for 3 more years... I don't know when I'm going to try it but... I would imagine it's going to be awesome...I hope..lol

apr10-glenmorangie18-extreme.jpg

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by mseriously30

View Post

180px-Templeton_Rye.jpg Hey homewrecker, you being a connoisseur, I think you would dig this. Iowa made stuff by farmers way back when during prohibition and the Depression...made it because farmers drink a lot, and they drink more when it's illegal, and they drink and make more when it's illegal and the farm is going to hell. It's awesome stuff...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Templeton_Rye

I like this stuff a lot. As an Iowa native, I was really disappointed when I learned Templeton Rye is actually distilled in Indiana. There are still people in Templeton who say that the current recipe being distilled is not the original. About a year ago I was given an umarked bottle of "real" Templeton Rye. It didn't last long.

Archived