What Whiskey Are You Drinking?

.homewrecker.

• Replies 655
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

yeah, all Bourbon is whiskey, but not all whiskey is bourbon.

also, Some whiskey is whisky.

This is true...I stand corrected.

Bourbon has to have a certain percentage of corn on the initial stages. Can't remember the exact details. Within 45 min of my home, we've got Woodford, Makers Mark, wild turkey....major distilleries. Fun to tour and see how it's done.

• Members

Getting ready to pour myself a shot of either Bookers or Gentleman Jack.

The Bulleit is good stuff...so is George Dickle. I've gotten fubar'd on that a number of times. Great fun...but the hangover is horrible.

I've also got some Makers Mark...and a few Single Malts...though I'm OUT of Laphroaig...GOTSTA get me some more STAT!

Bookers it is.

Cheers!

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by newholland

View Post

MEANWHILE... holy crap-- wild turkey rare breed? freakin good! and this buffalo trace single barrel stuff is really nice as well.

Rare Breed is mighty good..

If you can find Old Grandad 114, give it a whirl.

Quote Originally Posted by Cibyl

View Post

A buddy of mine from work recently visited his family in Kentucky and brought me back a bottle of this,....tasty stuff indeed:

WillettPotStillReserveBourbon.png

That looks rich!!!1! eek.gif I wonder what the aging is.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by ~Abstract~

View Post

The Bulleit is good stuff...so is George Dickle. I've gotten fubar'd on that a number of times. Great fun...but the hangover is horrible.

I've also got some Makers Mark...and a few Single Malts...though I'm OUT of Laphroaig...GOTSTA get me some more STAT!

Bookers it is.

Cheers!

I've bought the Bulleit a couple of times, and I dont like it. I am having Bookers tonight. Last week was the Knob Creek single barrel. I almost got woodfords reserve since it is sooooo good, but figured I would try the Bookers. If the Bookers is not impressive, I will probably not buy it again since it is quite a bit more than the other bourbons I like.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by primeholy

View Post

I've bought the Bulleit a couple of times, and I dont like it. I am having Bookers tonight. Last week was the Knob Creek single barrel. I almost got woodfords reserve since it is sooooo good, but figured I would try the Bookers. If the Bookers is not impressive, I will probably not buy it again since it is quite a bit more than the other bourbons I like.

If you're just opening the bottle...don't be surprised if it's a bit hot.

It seems that Bookers needs a bit of time to age and mellow. My bottle is a few months old. I opened it and took a shot...WAY harsher than my dads bottle I got him for xmas.

It seems to take well to decanting.

But...what did you think? I prefer it neat...but my dad swears by it over rocks with a splash of water.

I drink whiskey fast.

• Members

View Post

If you're just opening the bottle...don't be surprised if it's a bit hot.

It seems that Bookers needs a bit of time to age and mellow. My bottle is a few months old. I opened it and took a shot...WAY harsher than my dads bottle I got him for xmas.

It seems to take well to decanting.

But...what did you think? I prefer it neat...but my dad swears by it over rocks with a splash of water.

I drink whiskey fast.

Bookers neat? Thats how men are forged. Totally_jammin_out.gif

Seriously, I drink it neat occasionally, its rich, powerful & awesome; but prefer a splash of water to bring it into more standard range.

Its possibly the best bourbon Ive had overall.

• Members

View Post

Bookers it is.

Cheers!

I have a bottle of this in my cabinet unopened. biggrin.gif

laphqc1.jpg

Archived