What Whiskey Are You Drinking?

.homewrecker.

• Replies 655
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by newholland

View Post

MAN! my wife just started making those with mint from the garden.. i'm totally on my way to yer house though. long day. make a pitcher.

I make em by the glass...

Here's how I do it...

1 oz fresh mint leaves

2 cups "Sugar in the Raw"

1 Liter of water (I'm in America...but my Nalgene bottle (that I carry to the golf course) is a liter plus)

Combine and heat on stove until the sugar dissolves and the mint looks like spinach.

Strain Mint. Let Syrup cool.

Fill cup with CRUSHED ice. Pour Makers Mark to just over halfway. Top with syrup.

Patented "Swing Lube"! icon_lol.gifthumb.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Phishmonkey

View Post

Thats protestant whiskey mad.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Dolf

View Post

you prefer bushmills to jameson?

Sacrilege

Quote Originally Posted by ~Abstract~

View Post

My pops says the same thing...the Jameson is the Catholic {censored} huh?

icon_lol.gif

I'm getting the dispiriting feeling that I'm the only one who gets this awesome, awesome reference.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by newholland

View Post

a) makers mark is not delicious. it's vanilla extract that they got wrong.

b) i can't see the factory from my porch.

c) what the hells 'the correct way'?

d) it doesn't taste good.

just sayin.

The correct way is by rotating barrels through the aging building. Not mixing alcohol from the bottom and top floors. The temperature differences make them age at different speeds so you have to rotate them in the building so they age consistently.

b) I can't see the factory from my porch but I do own a car.

• Members

I...I feel dirty. My hand was on the bottle. I'd taken the Buffalo Trace off the shelf.

I ended up going home with some Kraken rum. And there's apparently Coke, too. Oh, oh no. They've escaped. They're on the loose.

Wait, I found them. They're fighting. In a tumbler. Captain Stomach will break up the fight.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by almightycrunch

View Post

Ahhhhh, I LOVES me some Aberlour A'Bunadh, you HAVE to mix this with some water, otherwise it is brutal. I'll buy a dram or two at a local pub with a HUGE selection of single malts, without cutting it with water, it'll make your gums and cheeks numb!!! And i believe it is somewhere in the vicinity of 57% alcohol, about 120 horse.

thumb.gif

Brutal. But the very best kind of brutality. love.gif

Quote Originally Posted by JRBain

View Post

I'll be opening it tomorrow, so I'll report back...

But there's another they make, A'Bunadh, which I love 60%, but no paintstripper. Beautiful stuff. I'm sure I'll love this too. love.gif

...And having just tasted the first glass...

I don't do fancy words for the flavours, but this is a wonderful whisky. Full and warming, but nice and smooth. Oh yes. love.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Cap'n Ahole

View Post

This isnt well known, but it IS a GREAT. (Unlike regular ol grandad.)

Anyhow, do yourself a favor; IMO its THE best bourbon for the price that Ive had. (just a little below Kentucky Spirit & Bookers)

OldGrandDad114.JPG

I dig that one, I went through a few back when I need something good strong and cheap.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by BrendanO

View Post

I...I feel dirty. My hand was on the bottle. I'd taken the Buffalo Trace off the shelf.

I ended up going home with some Kraken rum. And there's apparently Coke, too. Oh, oh no. They've escaped. They're on the loose.

Wait, I found them. They're fighting. In a tumbler. Captain Stomach will break up the fight.

I bought a handle of that 2 years ago and there's still exactly one shot missing from it icon_lol.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by .homewrecker.

View Post

If you like jack you should get a bottle of the Prichard's

Ill put this on the list, that Im sure I will forget in the morning. Ive had about 10 or so shots since 430...so ya know...

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by .homewrecker.

View Post

No excuse. Other wise go to the liquor store drunk in order to remember.

icon_lol.gif Im not drunk enough to be an idiot and drive yet haha. {Plus Im woprking on a brand new bottle of jaclk.

• Members

Just bought/opened/shot a little Kraken

Hot...but tasty. Needs to be chilled...or mixed probably.

I'll chill it and shoot it.

I mixed with Coke last night and it was great. I've got some Sailor Jerry I'm giving a whirl tonight.

In relevance to the thread, however, the next bottle on deck is Forty Creek. I dig that stuff. Smooth as {censored} Canadian whiskey.

Archived