What Whiskey Are You Drinking?

.homewrecker.

• Replies 655
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The fact that no one pointed out how awesome this post is makes me sad as a man.

d'oh. that's a pretty decent pun.

holy {censored}-- last night we had quite a shindig over here-- and the arrivals were:

sazerac rye 18 year(!)- a 5 way split gift. 127 proof and HOLY {censored} on the richter scale flavometer. whoa. do not drink neat, ahem. beautiful stuff! i am kinda marveling at the fact that my friends got me this, and can't wait to share it with 'em.

old frontier rye- super smoky- another one to drink with water.

bulleit rye- can't WAIT to get in on that action. i love bulleit bourbon.. this oughta be good.

buffalo trace- proven winner that's a pretty damn good everyday drinker that i've been flip flopping with bulleit for about 2 years.

wild turkey rare breed- i haven't tried this one. kinda intrigued-- normal wild turkey is alright-- better mixed-- but we'll see what the fancy stuff's all about.

• Members

You'll love the Bulleit Rye d. The smell reminds me of their bourbon but it's got that rye spice, very awesome stuff, I'm on my third 5th already :facepalm: Wild Turkey Rare Breed is good as well, I'd recommend cutting it as it's higher proof and as rough as the Wild Turkey name implies haha. As for the other two, well looks like I'm going to have to make a trip up north...

• Members
ah ha. in my price range, and info comes from good source. thanks, man!

not that I don't trust the rest of you, dissing JD, but I don't like scotch enough to drop more than $40 a bottle
:D

Let me know how you like it.

The first time I had it (it's a long story that I won't bore you with) my head actually turned and I asked the waitress "what is this!?" Easy name to remember.

• Members

You'll love the Bulleit Rye d. The smell reminds me of their bourbon but it's got that rye spice, very awesome stuff, I'm on my third 5th already
:facepalm:
Wild Turkey Rare Breed is good as well, I'd recommend cutting it as it's higher proof and as rough as the Wild Turkey name implies haha. As for the other two, well looks like I'm going to have to make a trip up north...

holy crap man-- that sazerac is seriously crazy. never had anything NEARLY as powerful. it smacks like booker's, but it's not nasty--- it's just that strong. once you put water in it, it just opens up into this floral, buttery, tobacco/wood/citrus explosion. you GOTTA try some of this soon.

definitely looking forward to the bulleit rye. i'm psyched that the wild tukey's good-- the guy who got it for me doesn't drink liquor and he was like 'oh-- that looked good... what's wild turkey usually like?'.. i had to euphemize a little.. :D but i said it was smokey and strong and good for mixing 'cause it has a pretty distinctive flavor .. hee. i didn't lie... but if it's like any of the others i got... well.. i'll just treat it like a concentrate :lol:

hell- you gotta git up here anyhow, but chances are pretty slim that even if it's a while i'm gonna make a dent in FIVE fifths... and i still have that catoctin creek rye spirit... so theres plenty o work to be done.. you bring the pipe tobacco. :D

• Members

Big whiskey/whisky/scotch/bourbon guy here. I go to tastings, and do all sorts of snotty liquor drinker guy stuff, like smoke expensive cigars, and read dusty books in leather chairs, while wearing reading glasses. :lol: Funny, but true. I fancy myself a dark liquor buff, AKA Lush.

Some of my favorites:

Bourbon: Bulleit, Weller's Wheat

Irish: Paddy, Jamison's Reserve

Scotch (Highland Cigar): Talisker 18

Scotch (Higland): Lagavulin, Oban

Scotch (Lighter): Scapa

Try them all right now.

Archived