OT: OFFICIAL 2011 NFL Season thread - Check in!

KCTigerChief

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Go Browns!!!
:D

:cry:

The Browns are on their way up, bro. They are getting rid of deadweight (players and coaches), the leadership of the organization is moving in the right direction and the drafting/trading is smart. Next year you guys get pretty much two drafts via the Falcons. :lol:

Think about it: The offensive line is pretty damn good, you have a running back who kicked all sorts of ass last year, the defensive line is getting stronger and the secondary is developing. The biggest question is whether or not McCoy is, well, the real McCoy.

The AFC North is a tough division for a team trying to get better, but I think the Browns will be winning more games each and every year.

• Members

Call me crazy, but I think of McCoy how I think of a lot of other successful quarterbacks in the NFL - smart, smart, smart, and talented enough to get the job done. Won't blow you away with a crazy strong arm, but a strong arm has gotten many a QB into trouble more often than not (see Cutler, Jay or George, Jeff).

I wanted the Vikes to take McCoy last year - I think he has a better career than Ponder after all is said and done....

• Members

Call me crazy, but I think of McCoy how I think of a lot of other successful quarterbacks in the NFL - smart, smart, smart, and talented enough to get the job done. Won't blow you away with a crazy strong arm, but a strong arm has gotten many a QB into trouble more often than not (see Cutler, Jay or George, Jeff).

I wanted the Vikes to take McCoy last year - I think he has a better career than Ponder after all is said and done....

I :love: McCoy. Just wish they gave him someone to throw to.

• Members

I'm more of a CFB guy but I like Manning (the good one, anyway :o:D) and I still have a soft spot for the ex-Oilers even though they canned my boy VY and The Man in Fisher and his staff. They shoulda traded for/gotten Hasselbeck last year tho or something while that core was together.

And I haz to like teh Cowboys b/c of teh gf. We went by the stadium yesterday. Was insanely huge. Kinda like mah caulk. :o:cop::thu:

• Members

All this talking is pretty unnecessary, considering that the Eagles are going to win the Super Bowl this year.

Bull{censored}...this isn't baseball where you can just go out and buy a World Series. I'll lay you odds the Eagles don't even get to the Super Bowl so much as win it. The Packers won last year's with hardly any talent. Vick with a Super Bowl ring? I don't see it.

• Members

Bull{censored}...this isn't baseball where you can just go out and buy a World Series. I'll lay you odds the Eagles don't even get to the Super Bowl so much as win it. The Packers won last year's with hardly any talent. Vick with a Super Bowl ring? I don't see it.

You must not be watching ESPN or the NFL Network. At this point, they just have to play the season as a technicality; the Eagles have already won the Super Bowl.

• Members

Don't see it, or don't WANT to see it?

• Members

Why not Vick? Go look at his numbers last year vs. the rest of his career. Different QB.

Come to think of it, the Eagles were either 2 missed field goals away from beating the Packers, or one TD pass that was an INT at the end of the game.

• Members

Why not Vick? Go look at his numbers last year vs. the rest of his career. Different QB.

Come to think of it, the Eagles were either 2 missed field goals away from beating the Packers, or one TD pass that was an INT at the end of the game.

Vick had an incredible year last season, in fact, a career year. I am going to be very interested in seeing whether or not he can continue playing at that level this upcoming season.

• Members

All this talking is pretty unnecessary, considering that the Eagles are going to win the Super Bowl this year.

With what offense?? Vick had an all-time year last year so I'm betting he doesn't come close to that this year. Don't get me wrong I'll still take him in my fantasy draft but I wouldn't expect the same as last year. Plus who else is on offense. Jackson is a fast little bastard but he's a little to undersized to be a huge threat. He's an awesome #2 WR but they have to play him at #1. And besides Vick they really don't have much of a running game to speak of. I don't think that you really want your QB running down field on every running play. Unless you don't want him to finish the season. They got stronger on Defense but it's still not a top tier defense. I think they will win their division. BUT it's going to be another early exit from the playoffs. They probably are the 9th or 10th best team in the NFL.

• Members

Vick had an incredible year last season, in fact, a
career
year. I am going to be very interested in seeing whether or not he can continue playing at that level this upcoming season.

I think he will play at the same level. The bigger question is, can he stay healthy.

• Members

My biggest concern for the Eagles is Vick's health. We all know that he can really help a team out with his mobility and ability to put the ball down and run, but all it takes is one hard hit or awkward tackle. If he tears an ACL/MCL, that team is going to have to rely on Vince Young.

• Members

The Eagles had better hope that the rest of the NFL doesn't see the game tape from their game against the Vikings last year, or the one against the Packers in the playoffs. While can handle the rush from LBs and DLs - he's faster and quicker than those positions. But a DB who can tackle will keep him from going off. Once a couple of teams figured that out, his effectiveness went out the window, along with the Eagles' super bowl dreams.

• Members

With what offense?? Vick had an all-time year last year so I'm betting he doesn't come close to that this year. Don't get me wrong I'll still take him in my fantasy draft but I wouldn't expect the same as last year. Plus who else is on offense. Jackson is a fast little bastard but he's a little to undersized to be a huge threat. He's an awesome #2 WR but they have to play him at #1. And besides Vick they really don't have much of a running game to speak of. I don't think that you really want your QB running down field on every running play. Unless you don't want him to finish the season. They got stronger on Defense but it's still not a top tier defense. I think they will win their division. BUT it's going to be another early exit from the playoffs. They probably are the 9th or 10th best team in the NFL.

The drugs you are on. I want some.

It would take me much too long to really pick this post apart, but I will try.

Why WOULDN'T Vick have that kind of year (or better) this year? What do you base that on? He has the same talent, same coaches, same offense.

1. DeSean Jackson is one of the most explosive players in the NFL, and IS a "huge threat". The only player to ever be invited to the pro bowl as a receiver and a KR/PR.

2. As far as who else is on offense:

*Jeremy Maclin is a solid #2, 964 yds last year, 10TD's

*Jason Avant is a very good slot receiver, with great hands, a first down machine.

*LeSean McCoy, VERY good young RB. 1,000+ yds last season, on a passing team, 5.2 yds per carry. Andy Reid doesn't run the ball much, but when McCoy touches it, he makes things happen.

*Brent Celek had a down year last year, but is a pretty good tight end.

Now, not a "top tier" defense???? They already had Asante Samuel, got Cromartie in trade, THEN picked up THE BEST free agent on the market, Asomugha. NOBODY in the NFL has a defensive backfield like this.

On the line, they have Trent Cole, who quietly has become a pretty good pass rusher, (10 sacks in 15 games in 2010, 12.5 sacks in 2009, despite being double teamed constantly, and with nobody on the other side. Then they go and get Jason Babin on the other side of Cole, (12.5 sacks in 2010, has the same line coach as he did in Tenn), AND, Super Bowl winning Green Bay packer tackle Cullen Jenkins, who had 7 sacks last year.

The Linebackers are always questionable on the Eagles, but they seem to make do. Green Bay phenom Clay Matthew's brother, Casey will be the starting middle Linebacker, and had a pretty good career at Oregon.

Look, any given Sunday, blah blah. One thing is for sure, this team is much more dangerous than you're giving them credit for.

• Members

The Eagles had better hope that the rest of the NFL doesn't see the game tape from their game against the Vikings last year, or the one against the Packers in the playoffs. While can handle the rush from LBs and DLs - he's faster and quicker than those positions. But a DB who can tackle will keep him from going off. Once a couple of teams figured that out, his effectiveness went out the window, along with the Eagles' super bowl dreams.

True, but the difference I see now is that he is actually using his arm, where he didn't do that in Atlanta. Don't forget, David Akers missed two field goals in that playoff game last year, he makes them, the Eagles win the game against the Super Bowl champs. Vick passed for 100 more yards than Rodgers did, but James Starks ran all over the Eagles.

• Members

True, but the difference I see now is that he is actually using his arm, where he didn't do that in Atlanta. Don't forget, David Akers missed two field goals in that playoff game last year, he makes them, the Eagles win the game against the Super Bowl champs. Vick passed for 100 more yards than Rodgers did, but James Starks ran all over the Eagles.

My point is that once teams realized that you can counter Vick with a sure-tackling DB, he became much less effective. We'll have to see if he and Reid can adjust to account for that weakness. If so, things look very good for them. If not, it's going to be yet another disappointing season for Eagles fans.

• Members

The drugs you are on. I want some.

LOL I guess. But I'm not seeing it. Like I said the Eagles will win their division but thats it. You mention that Jackson is one of the most explosive players in the NFL BUT defenses willl adjust to his breakout year last year and I doubt he will have the same success as he did last year. Especially when he starts getting double covered and is to small to beat the DBs. Add that to the fact that he won't see as many punts and kicks this year and you get an average year from him. I did forget about Maclin who should benefit from the double coverage on Jackson but that doesn't mean Maclin is going to be all-pro. McCoy only had 7 TD's last year like you said on a passing team so that probably won't improve much. And with their somewhat questionable O-line I see his YPG going down some too. As for the defense, congrats, you've got 3 awesome corners. As for the D-line and LBs you've got a bunch of pass rushers but no run stoppers. As for Cullen Jenkins let's be real here. He got his ring last year and went to Philly to get paid. I see a TON of draw plays against the Eagles this year. They will be like the Jets last year in the AFC Championship game. Teams are just going to run the ball down their throat and when they bring in their all-pro DB's to help they will be vulnerable over the top.

Now to Vick. He won't have the same year as last year because last year was a huge surprise. To everyone. Defenses will be ready this year and like it has already been mentioned a sure-tackling DB can contain him. He is a MUCH better passer than he was in Atlanta so he'll still have a stellar year but not as good as last year. And no way is this year better than last year. Plus his health is always a question with all the hits he takes. And if you're pinning your hopes and dreams on Vince Young I'm really sorry. He's a good QB but he won't win you a Super Bowl when Vick gets hurt.

Like I said earlier the Eagles win their division but lose in the playoffs. Probably to a team with a strong running game.

• Members

LOL I guess. But I'm not seeing it. Like I said the Eagles will win their division but thats it. You mention that Jackson is one of the most explosive players in the NFL BUT defenses willl adjust to his breakout year last year and I doubt he will have the same success as he did last year. Especially when he starts getting double covered and is to small to beat the DBs. Add that to the fact that he won't see as many punts and kicks this year and you get an average year from him. I did forget about Maclin who should benefit from the double coverage on Jackson but that doesn't mean Maclin is going to be all-pro. McCoy only had 7 TD's last year like you said on a passing team so that probably won't improve much. And with their somewhat questionable O-line I see his YPG going down some too. As for the defense, congrats, you've got 3 awesome corners. As for the D-line and LBs you've got a bunch of pass rushers but no run stoppers. As for Cullen Jenkins let's be real here. He got his ring last year and went to Philly to get paid. I see a TON of draw plays against the Eagles this year. They will be like the Jets last year in the AFC Championship game. Teams are just going to run the ball down their throat and when they bring in their all-pro DB's to help they will be vulnerable over the top.

Now to Vick. He won't have the same year as last year because last year was a huge surprise. To everyone. Defenses will be ready this year and like it has already been mentioned a sure-tackling DB can contain him. He is a MUCH better passer than he was in Atlanta so he'll still have a stellar year but not as good as last year. And no way is this year better than last year. Plus his health is always a question with all the hits he takes. And if you're pinning your hopes and dreams on Vince Young I'm really sorry. He's a good QB but he won't win you a Super Bowl when Vick gets hurt.

Like I said earlier the Eagles win their division but lose in the playoffs. Probably to a team with a strong running game.

Alright, I can get on board with this, and we both shall see, that's why they play the games right?

My original SB comment was sort of in jest, and trust me, I've seen them lose MANY playoff games to a team that runs the ball well. Deep down, (before the additions), I didn't think they would win a SB with Andy Reid, because he doesn't run the ball and control the clock. It IS a "passing league", but at the end of the day, you still have to keep the ball out of the other team's hands and control the clock. The Eagles have NEVER done that under Reid.

I actually think McNabb could have possibly won one, if Reid learned how to do that and helped him out a little in that area.

I agree with you on Vince Young too, but how many teams can win a SB these days with their backup QB? Not many if any.

Archived