OT: OFFICIAL 2011 NFL Season thread - Check in!

KCTigerChief

• Members

Wow, we went from dull and mediocre to flat out sorry and stupid. The 'Phins decided not to sign an avg QB (Orton) with a good win/loss, and instead signed a piss poor QB that went 1-4 with 5 TD and 10 INT. Was Ross afraid he was going to actually push Henne into having to live up to his draft spot and place as an NFL starting QB, or GTFO?

Then to top it off they are talking about making Reggie Bush their "featured back". WTF. :mad:

It's a shame you can't fire the owner too.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Wow, we went from dull and mediocre to flat out sorry and stupid. The 'Phins decided not to sign an avg QB (Orton) with a good win/loss, and instead signed a piss poor QB that went 1-4 with 5 TD and 10 INT. Was Ross afraid he was going to actually push Henne into having to live up to his draft spot and place as an NFL starting QB, or GTFO?

Then to top it off they are talking about making Reggie Bush their "featured back". WTF.
:mad:

It's a shame you can't fire the owner too.

Ive never totally understood Parcells. There is one thing for sure though, he may do some things that make you scratch your head but the man can build a team. He just seems to be lacking in the ability to thoroughly coach them. There is a method to his madness bro. We just dont see it. :freak:

Then again, maybe hes just trying to build something to have a core around for next year if he winds up winning the Andrew Luck Sweepstakes. :idea:

• Members

Ive never totally understood Parcells. There is one thing for sure though, he may do some things that make you scratch your head but the man can build a team. He just seems to be lacking in the ability to thoroughly coach them. There is a method to his madness bro. We just dont see it.
:freak:
Then again, maybe hes just trying to build something to have a core around for next year if he winds up winning the Andrew Luck Sweepstakes.
:idea:

Parcells is gone bro, at least from the front office (he's VP of football operations, Dan Marino's old mostly meaningless but still high-paying position). It's Ross (owner), Ireland (GM), and Sparano (coach) making the decisions now, and at least Parcells (as much as I hate Tuna) made some decent moves. Bringing Ricky back, signing Brandon Marshall, Dansby, getting Pennington. Ireland on his own so far looks like a train crash in slow motion; none of the excitement and noise, with all the horror only drawn out for utmost effect.

• Members

the bears letting Olsen leave was a really bad move, but as a lions fan i fully support the decision
:)
. he has the 2nd most TDs for a TE over the last 2 years

Also translated as "He was the only option Cutler trusted to be open/actually catch the ball in the end zone.

But hey, we picked up Roy "I could have been great" Williams. :facepalm:

• Members
Also translated as "He was the only option Cutler trusted to be open/actually catch the ball in the end zone.

But hey, we picked up Roy "I could have been great" Williams.
:facepalm:

bwahahaha, yeah when you are getting sloppy 3rds from the lions and cowboys things are not going great. roy is a {censored}ing joke, maybe he could have been decent if he wasnt such a tool. classic case of the seperation between what is happening in his mind vs what is actually happening in reality. "i should be the #1 WR on this team" hahahahaa, yeah right, maybe you should look into stand up comedy instead of football.

• Members

I don't get the dolphins moves at all
:confused:

I know man, it's just flat out stupidity. The only hope we have is if this Devlin kid ends up being the next Tom Brady, and the likelihood of that is slim to nil.

What we needed:

A proven featured power-back (Daniel Thomas may be a great RB, but he's a rookie, and whether he can make the transition to the faster/more physical NFL is yet to be seen)

QB that has a good arm, and knows how to throw a ball so the receiver/back can make a play after the catch

a CB that can catch a ball that's laid in his hands

What we got:

A crap QB (Moore)

A flash/speed back with micro-fractures in his knee (yeah, he's a pounder all right) whose yard per carry GOES DOWN the more he touches the ball

Add to that the fact that we got rid of Crowder, who was a good match with Dansby, and you can only shake your head.

The only good things we did this year was draft Pouncy and Thomas.

• Members

I wouldn't be sad about getting Joseph over Asomugha. He is an excellent corner and comes as a great value. I think you will be impressed by his play; he will make an immediate impact.

Yeah I definitely hope so. Can only go up in our pass defense :lol:

But I'm boggled at what a lot of teams are doing. I personally would take Orrin over Hennepin had I been the phins. Broncos were willing to deal him and go with tebow.

And wouldn't have the slightest clue who cincys QB would be. Should trade Palmer and be done with it.

• Members

But I'm boggled at what a lot of teams are doing. I personally would take Orrin over Hennepin had I been the phins. Broncos were willing to deal him and go with tebow.

This x a billion. Orton would have been a nice compromise between the leadership/mistake free play of Pennington, and the strong arm of Henne. He might not have been as mistake free of Pennington, and might not have Henne's cannon, but just look at Brandon Marshall's yards after catch with Orton and then his yards after catch with Henne. That alone would have convinced me if I was in Ireland's position.

• Members

Dallas fan since the '70s here and don't imagine seeing any improvement in them this year. So I tend to look for other teams to root for -- usually anyone playing opposite the Pats. I also at least intermittently like KC, Miami, and the Cardinals.

• Members

Well, the Bears are trying to low-ball Olin Kreutz. Kreutz wants to be a Bear his whole career, the Bears know this and are cheap-asses.

Know who our backup center is? Oh, our starting right guard, who last played a full game at center, wait for it.....TEN YEARS AGO! Now, he did play 3-4 snaps at center a couple years back, but that's it.

Pay Kreutz, reward the fact he's a team leader and wants to be here. Don't go overboard (I can't say I know what he's asking) but don't be stupid. You NEED him at center for at least 1 more year.

Can someone put up a poster of a 6th round pick in traffic so Jerry runs out to snatch him up and gets run over?

• Members

Wow, the Bears pick up Marion Barber.

Are they trying to recreate the 2010 Cowboys? WTF??? :facepalm:

And Kreutz is STILL not signed. :mad: :mad: :mad::facepalm::mad:

Edit: What would it take to get Kreutz signed? 500k more for 1 year. He wants 4.5 mil. Bears aren't budging atm. All the coaches want him, the players want him, but Jerry FREAKING Angelo thinks that 4.5 mil is too rich for your ONLY OPTION at center. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

• Members

Plaxico to the jets.

Think he'll make an impact?

I unfortunately think he's gonna struggle. Short preseason is gonna do him in and gonnabe hard for him to be football ready. But if he plays well gonna make the jets hard to beat mark Sanchez is only getting better.

• Members

Plaxico to the jets.

Think he'll make an impact?

I unfortunately think he's gonna struggle. Short preseason is gonna do him in and gonnabe hard for him to be football ready. But if he plays well gonna make the jets hard to beat mark Sanchez is only getting better.

Thats not what a lot of fans want to hear Im sure. Plaxico has been out of the game for awhile but Im sure he kept himself in shape. Later in the season he will make an impact. As for Sanchez getting better? Umm... I think thats a bit of a stretch. He got to where he was playing so poorly late last year, all they would do is pound the ball. They didnt trust him throwing it. :lol: While I think he might have a slight edge on Matt Leinhardt... its only slight. He aint done much to impress me yet. My opinion.

• Members

Looks like the Chiefs addressed the missing NT position with Kelly Gregg from the Ravens. I was a little upset about this because I was so hung up on Franklin. I did some research though and most Baltimore fans are actually very upset that he's leaving. Apparently he is the kind of guy who outworks everyone, and is a GREAT person to mold our rookie Jerrell Powe. It's a 1 year contract, but I have a feeling we may even bring him back after the season to keep grooming Powe if it proves to go well this season.

The dude is something like 340 lbs :lol: God DAMN I love having beef on the D-Line :lol:

• Members

Looks like the Chiefs addressed the missing NT position with Kelly Gregg from the Ravens. I was a little upset about this because I was so hung up on Franklin. I did some research though and most Baltimore fans are actually very upset that he's leaving. Apparently he is the kind of guy who outworks everyone, and is a GREAT person to mold our rookie Jerrell Powe. It's a 1 year contract, but I have a feeling we may even bring him back after the season to keep grooming Powe if it proves to go well this season.

The dude is something like 340 lbs
:lol:
God DAMN I love having beef on the D-Line

Perfect D line is the heavies in the middle, and the Strahan/Taylor/Peppers types on the outside. Speed is always good, but if you sacrifice weight on the inside for speed, then you let a big O line and a pounder like a Bettis or Okoye wear you out and take over the game as it gets into the 4th q.

• Members

The dude is something like 340 lbs
God DAMN I love having beef on the D-Line

Kelly Gregg can be studly; exactly what you want in an NT. He has the right size and strength along with sound technical skill. It is rare to see him get knocked off of his feet or blown out by a single blocker. You'll like him, and I tell you what, I don't think the Chiefs are going to let the division title go without a heck of a fight.

• Members

Took me a good ten minutes of wracking my brain to remember where I heard this name, haha. The Nigerian Nightmare!

Yeap, him and that incarnation of the Chief's offense is what got me into being a big Cheifs fan. Also, the fact that their division rivals were all teams I hated helped, since I was routing for them at least 8 games a yr. Now I only hate SD and the Raiders, living in Denver for a year cured me of my loathing of the Broncos.

Archived