OT: OFFICIAL 2011 NFL Season thread - Check in!

KCTigerChief

• Members

McCoy has looked like everything I expected him to look like out of college. Doesn't have a cannon for an arm, but he's smart and efficient. Smart and efficient wins games 9 times out of 10.

That's what made him the winningest NCAA QB evar and before Bradford got finished, the highest completion % too. :cool:

That kid was born to be a winner and he is going to be a bigtime sleeper QB if they ever get some real talent behind him.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
That's what made him the winningest NCAA QB evar and before Bradford got finished, the highest completion % too.
:cool:
That kid was born to be a winner and he is going to be a bigtime sleeper QB if they ever get some real talent behind him.

Yep - dude knows how to win. That's something you can't teach - that killer instinct.

So, as a casual Vikes fan, I'm cautiously optimistic about McNabb here - by no means do I think that they are Super Bowl bound, or likely even playoff bound, but Don looked pretty OK on Saturday (albiet against a horse{censored} Seahawks team) and if nothing else, Ponder can learn from someone who has been successful during the majority of his career, save for last year.

• Members

Depends. Someone - I can't remember who - on NFL Network put it best last night... It depends on which guy they got - Chad Ochocinco, or Chad Johnson?

His first few years I thought he was going to be a beast. Then his ego got a hold of him. That's why I think he is definitely replaceable for Cincinnati. If any system can bring the best out in him, it will be NE; the Bengals just don't seem to have the leadership to tell someone to knock it off and play.

• Members

McCoy has looked like everything I expected him to look like out of college. Doesn't have a cannon for an arm, but he's smart and efficient. Smart and efficient wins games 9 times out of 10.

Yeap, I used to think I would rather have a big arm like Henne over a smart and efficient QB like Pennington. Now that we got it I'd gladly take a less injury prone Pennington in a heartbeat.

• Members

Just read that the Steelers extended Lawrence Timmons (MLB) with a 5-year/$50 million contract extension. I love it. Timmons started off slow when he was drafted, but over the last two seasons he has been a stud inside the 3-4.

• Members

Yeap, I used to think I would rather have a big arm like Henne over a smart and efficient QB like Pennington. Now that we got it I'd gladly take a less injury prone Pennington in a heartbeat.

Exactly. I think the best example in my memory is Jeff George. Guy could throw a football a country mile, but if it was a 5 yard slant, he couldn't get the ball within 10 yards of the receiver.

• Members

IMO, the best offensive lineman in the entire NFL. hasn't missed a game since he got drafted, and very very rarely does any defensive lineman or linebacker make him look bad.

The dude is a true stud. With Mack in there at center, the o-line is concrete at the two most important positions. The thing that I like with Thomas is that he actually can block, he doesn't have to hold or start early and hope that the refs don't call it. *cough* Blindside *cough*

• Members

This. The Jags have spent 10 years looking for another Tony Boselli. They haven't even come close yet. A true beast at tackle is worth every penny, ask the quarterback!

I hear Bryant McKinnie is going cheap - $2 mil + "reasonable incentives". Word has it, those incentives can come in the form of Old Country Buffet gift certificates.

• Members

This. The Jags have spent 10 years looking for another Tony Boselli. They haven't even come close yet. A true beast at tackle is worth every penny, just ask the quarterback!

I wish the Steelers could find one. Roethlisberger gets raped by the pass rush more often than drunk chicks in bars in Georgia.

Wait. Wat?

• Members

I hear Bryant McKinnie is going cheap - $2 mil + "reasonable incentives". Word has it, those incentives can come in the form of Old Country Buffet gift certificates.

I heard that he prefers plates of Totino's pizza rolls over Gatorade while on the sideline and it's the grease that covers his hands which prevents him from excelling.

• Members

:lol:

I actually think the Browns can have a top 5 or even maybe top 3 O-Line this year if they can stay healthy.

• Members

:lol:

I actually think the Browns can have a top 5 or even maybe top 3 O-Line this year if they can stay healthy.

I actually think the Browns are going to surprise a LOT of opponents this year. If McCoy had anyone you'd ever heard of to throw the ball to, they'd make the playoffs.

• Members

I actually think the Browns are going to surprise a LOT of opponents this year. If McCoy had anyone you'd ever heard of to throw the ball to, they'd make the playoffs.

But then again, they play in Cleveland, so they'd either throw up all over their shoes in the playoffs, or the river would start on fire again.

Archived