OT: OFFICIAL 2011 NFL Season thread - Check in!

KCTigerChief

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

But then again, they play in Cleveland, so they'd either throw up all over their shoes in the playoffs, or the river would start on fire again.

Well, this is true. Still, hopefully the Browns can help Cleveland forget about That James Guy this year.

• Members

Even if he has, time isn't on his side.....he's 32, and that known as the age of decline for running backs

He doesn't need to be an every down back. We have Bush, Polite (as near a sure thing on short yardage downs as you can get in the NFL), and Thomas. Truthfully after the disappointing start for Thomas I think they're picking up Johnson in the hope he can teach Thomas about the pro-game, and how a back of his build/stature should attack the hole.

• Members

He doesn't need to be an every down back. We have Bush, Polite (as near a sure thing on short yardage downs as you can get in the NFL), and Thomas. Truthfully after the disappointing start for Thomas I think they're picking up Johnson in the hope he can teach Thomas about the pro-game, and how a back of his build/stature should attack the hole.

Bingo. I don't know that there is a good, solid every down back in the NFL anymore. It seems as though most teams are running a two to three back scheme these days.

• Members

Wow, the Dolphins just got my attention. We just picked up Larry Johnson. Could be a hell of a deal on a back who's put up some serious numbers in the past.

As a rabid Chiefs fan, I say be forewarned and don't get your hopes up. The best thing the Chiefs ever did was cut his ass midseason. When he isn't happy, he's the biggest dick in the league. He called fans "fags", threatened to kill KC girl's boyfriends, threw drinks in chicks faces in bars, and just the overall douchebaggery out of that guy is off the charts.

When he left, his nickname was 2.7...ironically that was his jersey number, but it was also his YPC :facepalm:

I seriously doubt he's changed. He slowed WAY down after he signed his big money contract, and just generally sucked after that. If he has proper motivation (I doubt it), he could be "average", but he'll never be what he once was.

I don't hate many people, but I despise that piece of {censored} :thu: Jamaal Charles says "Thanks for leaving, Larry", btw :thu:

• Members

I hate to be the Debbie Downer for this signing for you guys :lol: But all the stuff you're saying is stuff this guy refused to do in KC. He wouldn't teach Jamaal Charles a damn thing because he knew he might lose his job.

As far as attacking the hole, LJ used to hit the hole and fall down the first time someone touched him. :cry:

The ONLY time LJ was good was when he was running behind one of the best lines the NFL has ever seen...it's unfortunate, but true. Hell you or I could have had his numbers behind that line.

• Members

The probability of a RB making much of an impact at 32 anymore is slim. Especially one who's taken the pounding LJ has.

Does the NFL keep stats like "average over replacement" like baseball does? I would think a "big name" like Larry Johnson would rank = or below many "no name" younger guys who haven't taken the atrocious beating he has over the years.

Or....I'll trade you Chester Taylor for a few footballs and $50. :D

• Members

I hate to be the Debbie Downer for this signing for you guys
:lol:
But all the stuff you're saying is stuff this guy refused to do in KC. He wouldn't teach Jamaal Charles a damn thing because he knew he might lose his job.

As far as attacking the hole, LJ used to hit the hole and fall down the first time someone touched him.
:cry:

The ONLY time LJ was good was when he was running behind one of the best lines the NFL has ever seen...it's unfortunate, but true. Hell you or I could have had his numbers behind that line.

2.1242058680.raining-on-our-parade.jpg

You know, I had forgotten about the bull{censored} he pulled. I remembered he had some problems in KC, but didn't remember he was that big a cock-sucker. I guess when you're desperate for hope, you look for the positives. :(

• Members

2.1242058680.raining-on-our-parade.jpg

You know, I had forgotten about the bull{censored} he pulled. I remembered he had some problems in KC, but didn't remember he was that big a cock-sucker. I guess when you're desperate for hope, you look for the positives.
:(

He was pretty rough on Dick Vermeil, and the coach stood his ground (told LJ, "take off your pampers" or something after being bashed in the press by him ) - plus, you must be a complete asshole if you give a guy like Vermeil any {censored} (Excellent coach and one of the true "nice guys" that's ever been involved with the league). If they're just looking for someone to mentor Thomas, {censored} - Ronnie Brown, even Ricky Williams would have been a better choice. They should have re-signed either one.

• Members
Seriously???

Adrian_Peterson-9.gif

Chester Taylor? AP is 28, Taylor was 29.

AP isn't even an every down back yet - his blocking and pass catching skills lag way behind his running skills, although he his getting better every year. Scares me to think of what he would have been without having been saddled with the joke of a coach that was Chilly for 3 years.

• Members

And oh boy is this funny - there are reports now that Tim Tebow has slipped to FOURTH on the Broncos QB depth chart. He's been passed up by none other than the Univerity of Minnesota's all time passing leader, Mr. Adam Weber.

Is Tebow the most famous 4th stringer ever?

• Members

And oh boy is this funny - there are reports now that Tim Tebow has slipped to FOURTH on the Broncos QB depth chart. He's been passed up by none other than the Univerity of Minnesota's all time passing leader, Mr. Adam Weber.

Is Tebow the most undeservedly famous 4th stringer ever?

Fix'd and yes. :o

• Members

The Pats were the best team in the NFL most of last year with a bunch of starting rookies. They're not rookies this year. They've also picked up a great 1st round O line man and Haynesworth to fortify their rush. They should have a very good team, this year

• Members

Roy Williams dropped 2 open field passes last night.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Where have you been, noob?

By the way, I thought that o-line looked much improved in the game against the Giants. The only problem is that Martz's offense wasn't doing enough intermediate passing to keep the linebackers away from Cutler. Too many home run swings and misses from what I saw.

• Members

And you know what, the Vikes may be a horse{censored} team, but they have the FUNNIEST punter in the history of the NFL.

Hell, when they signed McNabb, he said he was going to change his number to pi.

He's a bit of a nerd - plays tabletop wargames and everything. I approve.

• Members

if we are going to post every time roy williams messes up this thread could make it to 1000+ pages.

When the season starts I'll just put those posts in with actual posts I have. We haven't invested much, but if he doesn't pan out (and there is no evidence he will) we're back to being well and truly screwed at receiver. Ok, that's a bit harsh, but we still won't have a legit #1 guy, which you'd think in a big passing game scheme you'd kind of want one of those....

• Members

And yeah, the O-line looks like it just might be ok. However, I don't know if an "ok" line will keep Cutler alive in Martz's "I am blind to reality my scheme conquers all!" approach. We shall see.

I think we're seeing how much of a "genius" Martz is without Hall Of Famers to scheme with.

Archived