OT: OFFICIAL 2011 NFL Season thread - Check in!

KCTigerChief

• Members

Browns here. We may have lost to the Lions, but really our 3rd stringers lost, so who cares?

Colt McCoy has been one of the best QB's so far this preseason. And he's throwing to garbage receivers.

Colt McCoy: 19/28, 68% comp, 231 yards, 0 INT's, 4 TD's, 131.2 QB rating.

Interested to see how he does against the Eagles this week.

McCoy was very impressive. With the way the Browns are going, they are going to be a threatening team instead of just another pushover or trap game, at best. This disappoints me as a Steeler fan, though. :lol:

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Well, as for the Jags report, I'm very happy with our upgrades at linebacker, both Session & Posluszny actually know how to wrap someone up and {censored}ing tackle! The secondary still scares the hell out of me, though. Hopefully, Kampman can actually stay healthy for a full season and the pleasant surprise of Jeremy Mincey will continue to blossom and take some of the heat off of them. Depth on the defense is a bit of a problem, though, as clearly illustrated by the backups' total shelling against the Patriots last week, so they really need their starters to stay healthy for a change.

Gabbert looks like he's got a metric {censored}-ton of promise; he has outstanding accuracy and a beautiful, quick release, and will probably end up taking the job from Garrard sooner rather than later, BUT, he's still very raw, and the lockout has definitely delayed his development. If not for this, he'd almost assuredly end up beating Garrard out to win the season-opening starter gig. Wide receiver is still a concern, but rookie Cecil Shorts, aside from a blown handoff, looked really, really good against the Falcons. The Jags will need that to continue, because aside from TE Marcedes Lewis, we haven't had a legitimate #1 WR since Jimmy Smith snorted himself out of the league. I LOVE our RB situation with Mojo & Rashad Jennings. Rashad looks to be a future star in the making behind Maurice, who's obviously already an elite back. DuJuan Harris is a shifty, good-looking rookie who's already better than the current #3 back Deji Karim.

Overall, the O-line looks solid, but Eben Britton needs to get healthy before the season starts to solidify that right tackle spot. I'm seeing the Jags as 8-8, 9-7-ish, with the possibility of surprising people IF they can stay healthy, and completely tanking if they can't. One thing's for sure, another December collapse will seal Jack Del Rio's fate, so he'd better {censored}ing deliver!

• Members

McCoy was very impressive. With the way the Browns are going, they are going to be a threatening team instead of just another pushover or trap game, at best. This disappoints me as a Steeler fan, though.
:lol:

Don't worry, Cinci will be the pushover now. :lol:

I don't see them winning more than 3 games this year.

• Members

Don't worry, Cinci will be the pushover now.

I don't see them winning more than 3 games this year.

Cincinnati is a frustrating team. They always play balls out within the division, so you never know what they can end up doing.

• Members

Cincinnati is a frustrating team. They always play balls out within the division, so you never know what they can end up doing.

They also had Palmer, Ocho Cinco, and TO last year. All gone. They had Houshmanzada before that...

They have nothing. They are nothing.

With that said...they'll probably beat the Browns opening day. :lol:

• Members

They also had Palmer, Ocho Cinco, and TO last year. All gone. They had Houshmanzada before that...

They have nothing. They are nothing.

With that said...they'll probably beat the Browns opening day.

Palmer = Overrated

Chad Johnson = Overrated Cancer

I think Dalton and Green will be every bit as good. I also have to feel for Palmer. If he would have gone to a better managed team, he probably would have ended up being a better QB.

• Members

Patriots fan here. I think they are going to be competitive this year.

I don't believe you.

Kidding aside, it's going to be a year for the usual suspects: the Patriots, Steelers, Eagles, Falcons, and Packers. Leaving the Colts out until Manning's health is figured out.

• Members

Palmer = Overrated

Chad Johnson = Overrated Cancer

I think Dalton and Green will be every bit as good. I also have to feel for Palmer. If he would have gone to a better managed team, he probably would have ended up being a better QB.

Yeah, but the Bengals could get some decent players for Palmer. Everyone wants to see what he can do on a good team and they could really get some good help if they entertained the idea of trading him.

• Members

With the offense that the Texans have, I don't think defense is a huge concern. The defense just has to hold its own; it doesn't have to be a top five unit to make the team dangerous. The problem was that the secondary was very weak and teams could stick with the offense. It looks like the defense is improving under Phillips and the secondary is improved; it will take some time for them to become cohesive, though. My biggest concern after the first preseason game was the play of Mario Williams. He looked out of place more often than not and sometimes it is hard for the big boys to make that transition to OLB (i.e. Aaron Kampman). Did he look like he improved in the second game? If so, he could be dangerous.

Yeah I hope you are right. Id like to have a lot of faith in our defense though and not count on our offense scoring 21+ PTs against every defense. Williams still looks out of place though. Didn't see him much against the jets but looked better vs saints was in the right spots a couple of times. Dont see him unfortunately as having the pure physical talent to make the transition quick enough to make an impact. But hope he proves me wrong :D

• Members

Yeah, but the Bengals could get some decent players for Palmer. Everyone wants to see what he can do on a good team and they could really get some good help if they entertained the idea of trading him.

That time has passed......what a {censored}ed up organization the Bungles are. Seeing that AZ dealt a 2nd round pick AND Cromartie to the iggles for Kolb, I think that Palmer would have commanded at least that type of trade. If they still want to do something, where would he go? Seattle would've been my bet, but I think Charlie Whitehurst will replace Jackson at QB by week 3-4 and have a decent season. 49ers? Not while they're giving Alex Smith one last chance for the 4th or 5th time. Raiders? If Palmer won't play for Cincy, he won't play for Oakland (although the Raiders have a helluva backfield). Titans? Prolly no deal after the truckload of cash they just gave Chris Johnson.

• Members

That time has passed......what a {censored}ed up organization the Bungles are. Seeing that AZ dealt a 2nd round pick AND Cromartie to the iggles for Kolb, I think that Palmer would have commanded at least that type of trade. If they still want to do something, where would he go? Seattle would've been my bet, but I think Charlie Whitehurst will replace Jackson at QB by week 3-4 and have a decent season. 49ers? Not while they're giving Alex Smith one last chance for the 4th or 5th time. Raiders? If Palmer won't play for Cincy, he won't play for Oakland (although the Raiders have a helluva backfield). Titans? Prolly no deal after the truckload of cash they just gave Chris Johnson.

My bet would have been Miami. Possibly even Washington. Two teams that have some questions at QB.

I really can't believe ownership wouldn't budge. Its like they'd rather ruin his career than move on and rebuild. That's just spiteful, man.

• Members

As far as I know they still haven't given Chris Johnson any cash :idk:

The Larry Fitzgerald deal is going to have Johnson holding out until he gets a massive payday...

• Members

As far as I know they still haven't given Chris Johnson any cash
:idk:

The Larry Fitzgerald deal is going to have Johnson holding out until he gets a massive payday...

Let him sit. I know it sucks for Titan fans but players have to realize that they can't play on a great team and bankroll at the same time. Look at Peyton Manning. His counteroffer to the Colts was less than their offer so they could go out and get some talent.

• Members

My bet would have been Miami. Possibly even Washington. Two teams that have some questions at QB.

I really can't believe ownership wouldn't budge. Its like they'd rather ruin his career than move on and rebuild. That's just spiteful, man.

Forgot about the Skins (its easy to do that).

Their unwillingness to trade Palmer for something of value is stunning. Whomever makes those decisions in Cincy should be {censored}canned

• Members

Let him sit. I know it sucks for Titan fans but players have to realize that they can't play on a great team and bankroll at the same time. Look at Peyton Manning. His counteroffer to the Colts was less than their offer so they could go out and get some talent.

Yet they still paid him the 100 million they were offering him :facepalm::lol:

• Members

Forgot about the Skins (its easy to do that).

Their unwillingness to trade Palmer for something of value is stunning. Whomever makes those decisions in Cincy should be {censored}canned

The Bungles front office has sucked so hard for so long that you can't blame it on any one person on the staff and have to blame it on the organization itself, meaning the owners. It's kind of poetic justice that they should be the Lions of the AFC, considering Brown considered it an insult to be part of the AFL after paying $10 million to start the franchise, and then got stuck there. And also considering so many of his decisions were basically decided by the test of will it {censored} with Art Model or not. :lol:

• Members

The Bungles front office has sucked so hard for so long that you can't blame it on any one person on the staff and have to blame it on the organization itself, meaning the owners. It's kind of poetic justice that they should be the Lions of the AFC, considering Brown considered it an insult to be part of the AFL after paying $10 million to start the franchise, and then got stuck there. And also considering so many of his decisions were basically decided by the test of will it {censored} with Art Model or not.

Yeah, I suppose. It's kinda funny that the most {censored}ed up owners (forget football....remember Marge Schott?) in sports seem to congregate in Ohio - I'm surprised Al Davis hasn't relocated the Raiders there

• Members

Browns here. We may have lost to the Lions, but really our 3rd stringers lost, so who cares?

Colt McCoy has been one of the best QB's so far this preseason. And he's throwing to garbage receivers.

Colt McCoy: 19/28, 68% comp, 231 yards, 0 INT's, 4 TD's, 131.2 QB rating.

Interested to see how he does against the Eagles this week.

McCoy has looked like everything I expected him to look like out of college. Doesn't have a cannon for an arm, but he's smart and efficient. Smart and efficient wins games 9 times out of 10.

• Members

McCoy has looked like everything I expected him to look like out of college. Doesn't have a cannon for an arm, but he's smart and efficient. Smart and efficient wins games 9 times out of 10.

Exactly. And he's as accurate as any QB out there. Half of his incompletions bounce off of his incompetent receivers hands. :lol:

And while cannon arms are nice, he has no problem launching the ball 40-50 yards with perfect timing.

• Members

Exactly. And he's as accurate as any QB out there. Half of his incompletions bounce off of his incompetent receivers hands.

And while cannon arms are nice, he has no problem launching the ball 40-50 yards with perfect timing.

Aside from Cribbs, who's McCoy throwing the ball to?

• Members

Aside from Cribbs, who's McCoy throwing the ball to?

Greg Little, Mohammed Massaquo, Ben Watson, Evan Moore, Brian Robiskie...

Ben Watson and Evan Moore are great, but you need receivers too. I'm hoping Little can step it up...but you can't expect too much from a rookie.

• Members

Greg Little, Mohammed Massaquo, Ben Watson, Evan Moore, Brian Robiskie...

Ben Watson and Evan Moore are great, but you need receivers too. I'm hoping Little can step it up...but you can't expect too much from a rookie.

Yeesh. At the very least, you've got Holmgren in your front office - he'll have you guys ship-shape in a year or two.

Archived