OT: OFFICIAL 2011 NFL Season thread - Check in!

KCTigerChief

• Members

Just figured we'd wrap everything into one thread this year...I know there are lots of football fans on here, so let's go!!!

Lockout is over (thank god), and that signals the end of the longest 6 months of life without football :lol:

What are your expectations for your team this year?

Here's mine.

I'm the resident Chiefs fan here. We had a great season last year with going 10-6 and making the playoffs. We are still a very very young team...We have an extremely difficult schedule this year, so it's important we don't fall backwards this year. I would be happy with an 8-8 season this year looking at the schedule.

So......let's talk football {censored}ers! :rawk:

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Just figured we'd wrap everything into one thread this year...I know there are lots of football fans on here, so let's go!!!

Lockout is over (thank god), and that signals the end of the longest 6 months of life without football
:lol:

What are your expectations for your team this year?

Here's mine.

I'm the resident Chiefs fan here. We had a great season last year with going 10-6 and making the playoffs. We are still a very very young team...We have an extremely difficult schedule this year, so it's important we don't fall backwards this year. I would be happy with an 8-8 season this year looking at the schedule.

So......let's talk football {censored}ers!
:rawk:

No, I have seniority on you. I am the resident Chiefs fan round these parts.

I think 8 and 8 this year would be a very good year for us. We have one of the toughest schedules in the NFL this year.

Gary

• Members

GO LIONS!!!!!!!!

they looked better last year but still mostly :facepalm: i grew up and live in michigan, i cant start rooting for another team. at least they have a sweet D line now, but still recovering from the complete and utter disaster/failure/abortion known as the millan years, aka drafting a {censored}ing WR every goddamn year and running a nfl team so far into the gutter it takes years to be a slightly competitive nfl team.

• Members

I'm a Steelers fan, and given that they went to the Super Bowl last year, I am projecting a 6-10 season next year due to the inability of the team to get into the playoffs after a Super Bowl berth. :lol:

I am actually looking forward to free agency. Ike Taylor is a big contract; however, I don't want to see the team break the bank on him, because he really isn't that great. I would prefer to see the team go after a guy like Jonathan Joseph to save money. I also expect to see a lot of restructuring and perhaps a surprising cut or retirement.

• Members

GO LIONS!!!!!!!!

they looked better last year but still mostly
:facepalm:
i grew up and live in michigan, i cant start rooting for another team. at least they have a sweet D line now, but still recovering from the complete and utter disaster/failure/abortion known as the millan years, aka drafting a {censored}ing WR every goddamn year and running a nfl team so far into the gutter it takes years to be a slightly competitive nfl team.

Dude, your defensive line is going to rape any offensive line they line up with. I'm so glad the chiefs play you in week 2...Fairley won't be as studly as he's going to be by the time he gets comfortable near the end of the season. Suh and Fairley is just plain scary...Jesus.

• Members

I'm a Steelers fan, and given that they went to the Super Bowl last year, I am projecting a 6-10 season next year due to the inability of the team to get into the playoffs after a Super Bowl berth.
:lol:

I am actually looking forward to free agency. Ike Taylor is a big contract; however, I don't want to see the team break the bank on him, because he really isn't that great. I would prefer to see the team go after a guy like Jonathan Joseph to save money. I also expect to see a lot of restructuring and perhaps a surprising cut or retirement.

Was waiting for you Rampage! We had {censored}loads of discussions throughout last year and during the draft if I remember right.

I haven't even dipped into free agency...Aubrayo (sp?) Franklin is going to command a {censored}load of money, but I kind of hope the Chiefs go after him. We are a dominant NT away from having a Top 5 defense. Powe won't be ready, and Ron Edwards and Shaun Smith are solid rotational players, but they are FA themselves. We'll bring back at least one of them.

I want a Right Tackle, and Steve Breaston at receiver and I'll be happy. The Breaston option is very likely due to the Todd Haley connection.

• Members

Was waiting for you Rampage! We had {censored}loads of discussions throughout last year and during the draft if I remember right.

I haven't even dipped into free agency...Aubrayo (sp?) Franklin is going to command a {censored}load of money, but I kind of hope the Chiefs go after him. We are a dominant NT away from having a Top 5 defense. Powe won't be ready, and Ron Edwards and Shaun Smith are solid rotational players, but they are FA themselves. We'll bring back at least one of them.

I want a Right Tackle, and Steve Breaston at receiver and I'll be happy. The Breaston option is very likely due to the Todd Haley connection.

NTs are tough to get in free agency, especially when there are so many teams that need them and have some cap room. Seriously, your D-Line is going to be studly as it stands and I am jealous that you guys grabbed Powe.

I really like Breaston and he would definitely fill out the WR rotation in KC. He has developed into a very solid player, but I wonder if the Cardinals will let him go. It sounds like they might want to trade Dominique Rodgers Cromartie to Philly for Kevin Kolb, in which case, they'll definitely need some receivers. Still, AZ is more than a QB away from contention outside of their division.

As far as right tackles go, you can have Willie Colon. According to his agent, he is the winged god of right tackling. I don't know, I've never seen it. :lol:

• Members

Nerine:

Kiss a wiener and continue pretending that a bunch of skinny guys running around in shorts on a huge field for an indeterminate amount of time is indeed a sport.

Warm regards,

American who doesn't watch girl sports. Except mud wrestling.

:o

• Members

Nerine:

Kiss a wiener and continue pretending that a bunch of skinny guys running around in shorts on a huge field for an indeterminate amount of time is indeed a sport.

Warm regards,

American who doesn't watch girl sports. Except mud wrestling.

:confused:

Hand-egg is a sport?

We have the proper hardcore version of it.

Rugby.

• Members

Should be an interesting season. Each team was affected by the lockout differently.... teams with new coaches or QBs hwve their work cut out.

Anyway, I look forward to the Packers making another run at it. They should have a dominant offense with Jermichael Finley and Ryan Grant returning. Finley was Rodger's go to guy and really created some mismatch nightmares for the defense. Definetely one of the best pass catching TEs in the game.

It will be interesting to see what they do with James Starks. He came out of nowhere last season and proved he can be an effective RB.

• Members

I'm just pissed that somehow someone convinced Miami keeping Sparano around for another year was a good idea.

I had high hopes for Henne, but after two years starting and he still can't throw a touch pass to save his life, or at least lengthen his receiver's careers. Seriously, I can't think of a single QB I've ever seen who did such a poor job of putting the ball where his receiver can make a play after the catch, or at least not get decapitated by a safety.

Both our lines show promise, we have talent at LB, and probably the most under-performing secondary in the league, but with no game breaking RB and half a quarterback I am not looking forward to this season as it stands now.

• Members

I'm just pissed that somehow someone convinced Miami keeping Sparano around for another year was a good idea...

I'm a long-time Dolphins fan. :facepalm::cry:

Can you imagine how much the clowns in their front office are going to screw up the compressed offseason? They can't get it right when they can sit and think about a decision. Plus I don't think they can move fast enough to handle the upcoming free for all.

• Members

how the hll can any of you make ANY predictions yet? this friday over 450 players are going to be moving teams/resigning. There is no possible way to know what your roster is going to look like.

• Members

Here we go Stillers !!!!

That being said.....i hope they cleanse the locker room of dumbasses like James Harrison. Jason Worilds...its time to step up. Team is not getting old...team is old. I hate to see some guys go but Aaron Smith is at the end.

Steelers will not make the playoffs as is there super bowl hangover pattern. I dont care....im just ready for some football.

• Members

how the hll can any of you make ANY predictions yet? this friday over 450 players are going to be moving teams/resigning. There is no possible way to know what your roster is going to look like.

so you are saying you that dont have a crystal ball?

• Members

Texans here.

Need major improvement in defense obviously. Hopefully we can land awesomeragu(or however you spell it:lol:). Demeco ryans will be back and hopefully put some leadership to our defense.

Offense has been in the tops past 2 seasons but need to play all 4 quarters not pull a Miami heat every game and stop playing from behind the second half. Want vonta leach back and hope Arian foster can continue his success and not be a one season wonder.

• Members

Nurple, don't be crazy. Seriously.

It's easy to get an idea what your roster will look like when you know who your free agents are, and which ones will likely be resigned. It's not that hard to figure out :)

• Members

DA BEARS!!!!! (Yes, I do realize those sketches were mocking meatball Bear's fans. ;) )

Ok, so Jerry Angelo is still our GM. FUUUUUUUUUUU.

Positives, Gabe Carmini. A strong as a freaking OX Olineman. Hope he pans out.

Lots of vets coming back on offense and defense.

Negatives-Still not sure the Oline will keep Cutler from dying. :facepalm: Still lacking a real threat at wide reciever who actually knows how to run a route. Still have no safeties and our best CB has no shoulders. Not sure who is going to put pressure on the QB while Peppers gets double-teamed.

Annoyances- Jerry Angelo is still our gm. :mad: League changed kickoff rules in interest of "player's safety" when there was no evidence that kickoffs were inherently unsafe. Call it the "Devin Hester kicks ass" rule. ;)

Looking forward to football. Total Scorehead here, so you'll probably see me regurgitating stuff I hear from there and hating on ESPN all year. :lol:

• Members

Eagles fan here. Our offense is fine, save for maybe one piece on the O-line. We need a backup QB because of the way Vick plays, and it looks like Kolb will be shipped outta here. I'm hoping he'll go to Arizona in trade for Cromartie for cornerback, which we need.

The Defense is where we need serious work. Even if we get another good corner opposite Assante Samuel, we still need help at both safety positions, or at least one of them. Then, there is the other side of the D-line, opposite Trent Cole. Cole is a great end, but without serious pressure from the other side, teams can key on that side of the line and make him less effective.

I'm looking forward to a great season.

• Members

Here we go Stillers !!!!

That being said.....i hope they cleanse the locker room of dumbasses like James Harrison. Jason Worilds...its time to step up. Team is not getting old...team is old. I hate to see some guys go but Aaron Smith is at the end.

Steelers will not make the playoffs as is there super bowl hangover pattern. I dont care....im just ready for some football.

I don't think they should cut Harrison. The dude went full retarded, but he does know how to hit quarterbacks. Plus, if Woodley can't be resigned, you aren't going to want to be stuck with unproven youth. I like Worilds, but he is going to need some reps before I would want to see him starting.

I would like to see some changes to get the younger players out there. Farrior is about as old as his jersey number, and despite a turnaround year last season, I would like to see Sylvester out there on passing downs to get some reps. I would also like to see Smith either restructure and take a lesser role, or retire: He is injured more than he is healthy. With Heyward coming in, he looks like the perfect replacement for old 91, and I would really like to see him with Hood out there most of the time.

I'm also curious to see who the team will cut for cap space. There are a lot of players that I could see leaving, which I wouldn't be opposed to: Youth is more important at this point.

Archived