OT: OFFICIAL 2011 NFL Season thread - Check in!

KCTigerChief

• Members

Well the Vikings let Sidney Rice go to the Seahawks so that's pretty much our season unless we can pick up someone like Plaxico or maybe Braylon Edwards.

Why would Rice want to play for the Seahawks? Surely he heard that their new QB is Tavaris Jackson?!

He wanted the big payday.

Honestly, Rice is overrated - he had one great year, and that was the year that Favre found magic in a bottle for every game that didn't matter, and then last year, he sat out half of the year due to a hip injury that could have been addressed earlier in the offseason, when most were guessing that it had as much to do with his lack of a contract extension.

There's talk of James Jones or Malcolm Floyd becoming a Viking.....I would take either.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Well the Vikings let Sidney Rice go to the Seahawks so that's pretty much our season unless we can pick up someone like Plaxico or maybe Braylon Edwards.

Why would Rice want to play for the Seahawks? Surely he heard that their new QB is Tavaris Jackson?!

tjack had multiple oportunities with the queens, he failed every time. Rice must have been seeing $$$$

• Members

tjack had multiple oportunities with the queens, he failed every time. Rice must have been seeing $$$$

TJack is a million dollar athelete with a nickel for a brain. Then again, he also had Brad "Kickass Offense" Childress for a head coach....

He really does throw a beautiful ball......he just throws a lot of them to the wrong team.

• Members

TJack is a million dollar athelete with a nickel for a brain. Then again, he also had Brad "Kickass Offense" Childress for a head coach....

He really does throw a beautiful ball......he just throws a lot of them to the wrong team.

I was looking at a comparison they had in the Seattle Times, and of the three QBs Seattle has, Jackson has actually posted the best numbers. He's the only one of the three with more TD passes than INTs.

If your best option at QB is Tarvaris Jackson, it's going to be a long year.

• Members

I don't look to Frazier to do any better than Childress. When is Minnesota going to learn and finally hire an actual head coach for the team? It's like we're stuck with endless variations of Mike Tice...

• Members

I don't look to Frazier to do any better than Childress. When is Minnesota going to learn and finally hire an actual head coach for the team? It's like we're stuck with endless variations of Mike Tice...

I think the key with Frazier is that he is going to be smart enough to let the OC and DC do their jobs. Childress wanted to call the damn plays when Andy Reid was making him look like an offensive genius in Philly.

• Members

I was looking at a comparison they had in the Seattle Times, and of the three QBs Seattle has, Jackson has actually posted the best numbers. He's the only one of the three with more TD passes than INTs.

If your best option at QB is Tarvaris Jackson, it's going to be a long year.

Agreed, but I will reserve judgement on TJack for a bit here.....how many times have we seen a ho-hum player in MN light it up elsewhere? Big Papi anyone?

• Members

Agreed, but I will reserve judgement on TJack for a bit here.....how many times have we seen a ho-hum player in MN light it up elsewhere? Big Papi anyone?

As a Red Sox fan, that one didn't bug me so much.

• Members

I can't recall seeing very many Vikings players light it up somewhere else. Defensive coordinators who go on to win Super Bowls...yes. Who is Big Papi?

• Members

I'm new to KC and I can't wait for that MNF game against SD on Halloween. I'm looking forward to Tamba taking it to Rivers all night long....

Dude, welcome to KC!!! Seriously, buy tickets if you can. They will sell out FAST. If you've never been to arrowhead, a MNF game is how you want to experience it for the first time. It gets absolutely electric in that stadium dude.

And yes, I'm totally looking forward to Tamba making Phyllis cry like a bitch just like he did last year when the stadium was so loud they kept getting false starts. The little bitch even kicked the ball like a child on the playground...hahahaha

• Members

WOW! Chiefs just realesed 5 time pro-bowler LG Brian Waters. Shocking move for Kansas City fans. This guy is about asgood of a guy you can have on your team. The definition of a true professional. He was wearing down a little bit, but he still has some life left in the tank. I have a feeling he'll land in Dallas. I just wish he would have retired a Chief.

Our 2nd year Asamoah will probably get the nod. He played a game in place of Ryan Lilja last year and looked very very good. I'm excited to see how he will do.

• Members

BREAKING NEWS!

Bears sign no one of note, trade off Gregg Olson, relieving us of any red zone passing option! SUCCESS IS COMING!!!!!!
:facepalm:

God I hate Jerry Freaking Angelo.
:mad:

That was a horrible horrible move on their part. That one left me scratching my head. You can thank Mike Martz for that one...I guarantee it.

• Members

That was a horrible horrible move on their part. That one left me scratching my head.

I'll tell you why. Martz doesn't want to use TE for anything except blocking.

Of course he's IGNORING the fact we have NO #1 WR threat. NONE. Jonny Knox is fast, but he can't run a route. Devin Hester is fast, but he can't run a route. Edgar Bennet is slow, and can usually run a route.

But, he's teh genius, Mike Martz. His brainpower alone can overcome such simple problems as his receivers have no idea WTF to go or are slower than {censored}. :facepalm:

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Prediction: Even with slightly upgraded O-line, Cutler dies before Week 10 due to lack of passing options and his head is removed by Ndamaga Suh (or however you spell that dude's name).

• Members

This free agent frenzy is awesome
:lol:

Ochocinco to pats! Potential?

My texans signed Jonathan Joseph meaning we're out for asomugha.
:cry:

Cincy looks to be cleaning house.

I think Ocho will do fine in New England. Like Marshall Faulk said on NFL Network last night - there's NO WAY this trade went down without some discussion first.

• Members

BREAKING NEWS!

Bears sign no one of note, trade off Gregg Olson, relieving us of any red zone passing option! SUCCESS IS COMING!!!!!!
:facepalm:

God I hate Jerry Freaking Angelo.
:mad:

I loved Greg :cry:

Rumor has it the Bears may acquire Roy Williams today. I think it'd be a good fit, and we need a WR BAD!

• Members

as a football fan, this last week has been pretty fun. they should do this every year. after the Super Bowl, no football talk, no football trades, free agency, no football nothing till the last week in July. then, it's a free for all.

• Members

Woah the pats picked up haynesworth too? I think that they could have gotten a great value on him; he is a talented player despite all his problems. But belichick runs a tight operation, he will be fine I think.

Oh, and philip rivers hate as usual :lol:

• Members

Hoping to see Giants do something, but like the Packers again.

Steelers, not a fan. Lets see if the D can learn to hold back on their hits with new rules. OTOH they play to take out opposition players so a 15 yard penalty or fine isn't much. They probably get it back in a bonus check.

Dallas will suck. Browns and Detroit will have similar season (7-9). Raiders will suck. 49ers will have a mediocre season. Cincy is going to rebuild so they'll suck on purpose. Indy will do the same {censored} and Peyton will be in a dozen commercials during any game. Saints will go 10-6. Denver 9-7 maybe... depends what they do with their QB's. Pats will go 11-5, Jets 10-6 with a wild card shot. Bears will go 9-7. Many 9-7 teams so we might see teams just over 500 ball with playoff runs.

IOW pretty much the same as last season.

• Members
I loved Greg
:cry:

Rumor has it the Bears may acquire Roy Williams today. I think it'd be a good fit, and we need a WR BAD!

AS a long time Lions fan let me tell you what to expect from Roy Williams. NOTHING! He's the most cocky, over rated, useless WR in the league. He cried when Calvin Johnson came into the league because he wasn't getting his catches. Well boo hoo you stupid {censored}. How about instead of thinking about yourself all the time imagine how awesome a career you could have had if you would have been Johnson's number 2. That team of WR a few years ago could have been awesome if they had stuck together but he had to go and hage a huge ego and no brains. Oh and how did that stint in Dallas work out?? I feel really sorry for the Bears. Now the have two WR's that can't catch. Hester and Williams! Then getting rid of Olsen as a relief valve now Cutler has NO ONE to thow to. I can't wait until Suh and Fairly rip his arms off fighting for the sack. Like a tug of war between two pit bulls.

Archived