Who else loves their freakin strat?!?!?!?!!!!!!

TU BE

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I've never owned any strat model higher than my current MiM one, but I've had plenty of strat copies as well and have liked them all. :cool:

Nope. Don't like them. Middle of the road guitars for people in bad cover bands

You've just tried to insult everyone who's posted in this thread. :D But many of the most innovative and talented blues/rock/metal guitarists have used strats extensively.

• Members
I adore my LP for sure and it gets play time as well. However I can leave my Tele against the wall in my home office without fear of shattering it
:o

So by default they get the playtime, well and I grew up on a Strat. That there is home!

:lol: yeah my 74 LPC has a headstock repair. It was like that when I bought it. It enabled me to get the guitar for almost $1000 less than if it didn't :lol:

The repair is done very nicely and you can't tell the difference when playing it. They say after the repair it is stronger but I'm not about to find out. I am VERY careful with that guitar.

P7020003.jpg

• Members
I adore my LP for sure and it gets play time as well. However I can leave my Tele against the wall in my home office without fear of shattering it
:o

So by default they get the playtime, well and I grew up on a Strat. That there is home!

Word. I cut my teeth on my Uncle's '79 Stratocaster. He bought it brand new. It became the guitar that all guitars were measured by, to me.

• Members

For some reason, I stayed away from strats for most of my "career" , regardless of the fact that 95% of my idols played them. Ive been playing them for almost 2 years now and continually kick my self in the ass wondering why I didnt give them a chance years ago... IMHO, every rock guitar player needs to have one in his arsenal. My Partsocasters..

The Red one was stripped and then painted alternating layers of Black and Purple and then relicd, sanded and generally beat to {censored}. Ill have to take some pics because it looks really cool..

• Members
I've been playing my silly lil lawsuit strat quite a bit lately. I'm starting to get along with it a lot more, but I wanna do some more work to it.

stratgj.jpg

Some of the "lawsuit" strats feel, sound, & play better than the guitars they were copied off of.

I found a black cortez 70's Strat copy a couple weeks ago for cheap. If I had the scratch I woulda snagged it.

There's a Yamaha 68-70 Strat copy on the bay right now that looks like it has potential.

The old Matao (sp?) 70's strat copys are great, if you like a chunky feeling neck. My broe has one Ive been trying to get ahold of .

Even if the electronics are crap, 70's Lawsuit guitars can be excellent build / hot rod platforms.:thu::thu:

• Members

Dig the woodgrain, very "herringbone".

Word. He posted a pic of that guitar some mos back & I tried to buy it. I was having visions of a black, single humbucker / one knob pick guard, and black hardware. That would be so pretty up against that grain.

• Members

Dig the woodgrain, very "herringbone".

Thanks, mayne. That guitar had been in some guys attic for 20+ years and was in horrible shape. He asked me if I could fix it, and I told him I probably could but that it would take moneys. He just told me to keep it and do whatever I wanted with it. I have no idea what it is, though.

• Members

One of the finest stringed instruments ever made..the Fender Stratocaster.

I hate to say it, but I think I love Partscasters more than I do factory originals. The options are endless. What you want..how ya want it.

I wonder who the first person was to start swapping necks & electronics.. or who built the first partscaster & why lol.

Archived