Who else loves their freakin strat?!?!?!?!!!!!!

TU BE

• Members

I love listening to other people play strats, I can't play them to save my life.

My perfect strat is one with two pickups, but has all the sounds, EXACTLY like a normal strat, and either one volume and one tone, or just a volume, moved away from the bridge pickup, and the pickup switch moved somewhere else too. Maybe under the volume. Also, the bridge needs to have the modern saddles, not the vintage ones.

That's not a strat though. :lol:

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Good to see some other Strat/Bogner dudes in this thread! Love that combination. Apologies for the LP in the photo...

My Strat is an '88 USA Std that I got new. I put a Lace Sensor at the bridge, left the stock pickup in the middle, and put in a pre-CBS pickup at the neck. Thing sounds fookin' sweet. When I got it, I had to spend some time setting it up, including working on the nut and some of the frets. Thing plays like buttah now.

3314311484_c8130def16.jpg

• Members

Good to see some other Strat/Bogner dudes in this thread! Love that combination. Apologies for the LP in the photo...

My Strat is an '88 USA Std that I got new. I put a Lace Sensor at the bridge, left the stock pickup in the middle, and put in a pre-CBS pickup at the neck. Thing sounds fookin' sweet. When I got it, I had to spend some time setting it up, including working on the nut and some of the frets. Thing plays like buttah now.

I know this is off the strat subject, but if you ever decide to sell that LP Studio Lite hit me up. srsly. :D

• Members

I know this is off the strat subject, but if you ever decide to sell that LP Studio Lite hit me up. srsly.
:D

Thanks, but.... you wish! I looked for a long time to find one of these. Best model of guitar they ever made IMO. This one probably needs a fret job, but it plays/sounds killer aside from the occasional fret buzz.

• Members

Thanks, but.... you wish! I looked for a long time to find one of these. Best model of guitar they ever made IMO. This one probably needs a fret job, but it plays/sounds killer aside from the occasional fret buzz.

I figured that's what you would say :lol:

Yeah, I have been wanting one of those for a looooong time. I found a red one at sam ash but it was beat to shit and they still wanted like $900 for it. I prefer the blue one anyway though.

• Members

Count me in. '05 American Ash Deluxe

Deluxe1.jpg

Deluxe2.jpg

I bought it for covering some modern country stuff because the split coil settings in my pointy shredder weren't cutting it. I always thought I was a Les Paul guy but that Strat changed everything. It's my #1 now.

• Members

I want you to put a black pickguard in your guitar so bad I may even buy you one. Seriously, you are 1 pickguard away from having the sexiest strat.

• Members

I want you to put a black pickguard in your guitar so bad I may even buy you one. Seriously, you are 1 pickguard away from having the sexiest strat.

Of course it came with a white one originally, then I got this green thing from some guy on CL... gives it an interesting character. I was never that big on the black pickguards on these...

• Members

I've been jamming my Gilmour a lot lately. It just really shines as a guitar. The pickups are perfect. It comes with a SD SSL-5 in the bridge, so you can really get some serious crunch out of it. The neck pick is exquisite.
:love:

DCP_0173.jpg
(180%20of%20263)%202.jpg

:love::love:

What's up with the tape (?) behind the bridge? Looks like it's covering a route or something?

• Members

What's up with the tape (?) behind the bridge? Looks like it's covering a route or something?

it's a Custom Shop replica of David Gilmour's black strat, which was routed for a Kahler tremolo at one point and covered it later. Fender CS made an exact replica of the guitar.

• Members

it's a Custom Shop replica of David Gilmour's black strat, which was routed for a Kahler tremolo at one point and covered it later. Fender CS made an exact replica of the guitar.

Yeah, I knew it was the relic'ed Gilmour strat, but didn't know about the tape. :thu:

• Members

Yeah, I knew it was the relic'ed Gilmour strat, but didn't know about the tape.
:thu:

It's not tape. it's a block of wood that filled in the old rout on the original. i talked to the CS shop guy and he said they just etch that line in.

you can see it on the original here

david.jpg

Archived