OT: Why the hell are Muslims ...

reddt1

• Members

The propaganda is working.

Do any of you have any clue how easy it would be to make up this film as an excuse for the attacks? Why do you trust what your media sells you so much?

not sure why they would have to make up an excuse for anything though? If they said they attacked just because they hate America, which they openly do, what's the difference?

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

IMO, I don't give a {censored} what someone believes. It's when that belief leads them to the action of imposing that belief onto other people who don't want it. I went to a Jesuit school, so I had plenty dogma rammed down me. What's more, I have read the bible cover to cover - more than a lot of these Christian crusaders or antichristians have read I would wager. The whole argument is perverse to me.

When the IRA were their most active, there were many Irish Catholics who openly spoke out against them and their actions. Regardless of our feelings on the situation, none wanted violence. Both working people and figureheads! It is rare if ever that I hear of Muslims en-masse condemning anything at all. That to me is either saying they condone it en-masse, or they're cowards! Does that make them all evil terrorists with bombs tucked into their shoes? Course not. But I find it ironic that in my last trip to London, I was handed several pamphlets about joining Islam, "the winning team" and during 7/7, nothing about condemnation of the attacks. What gets me is I'd left my job in London the week before and that was the train I used to get. I remember seeing pictures in the paper and seeing faces that used to appear on the same carriage as me. It kinda gets real when it's that close.

Regardless, the media is the primary agitator of these sorts of talks. That to me is just a slow news day. I just maintain a healthy "keep it out of my face" attitude. I don't want to hear anything from either the Muslim or Christian communities. Both strike me as vulgar and hostile groups of people. I don't give a {censored} about arguments that read like "yuh but the Christian crusades killed loads of people, so that excuses Muslim extremism"... Bollocks to that. I find even considering sharia law in the west is absurd and I would personally fight it.

I say let's kill all of em and let their respective gods sort them out!

• Members

The propaganda is working.

Do any of you have any clue how easy it would be to make up this film as an excuse for the attacks? Why do you trust what your media sells you so much?

There's evidence that that's what happened. Our media IS saying it where are you from?

But....the move is afoot. Muslims are buying into it. Protests popping up all over the Eastern hemisphere. So..even if this were legit...a MOVIE makes them do this? Like I believe they actually care what the {censored} the USA thinks? Why in the {censored} should they give any 2 {censored}s about what WE think about THEM? What the hell is actually going on here?

• Members

Update:

I contacted the local media about those pics Billy posted. They said they can't use them because it's a source they don't normally use and they could easily be photos that were doctored which is all too common with sources not in their networks.

So, I guess they won't run those pictures.

• Members

Any discussion of religion inevitably become an attack on Christianity in this {censored}hole.
:lol::facepalm:

That's going to happen on any forum since the US and most of Europe are made up mostly of some form of Christianity.

Some of those folk will be outspoken and others more passive. Depends on how personal it gets to someone. Of course you do know the non religious just love to provoke those who are/vise versa. It's the internet. No better place to to do that!!

• Members

That's going to happen on any forum since the US and most of Europe are made up mostly of some form of Christianity.

Some of those folk will be outspoken and others more passive. Depends on how personal it gets to someone. Of course you do know the non religious just love to provoke those who are/vise versa. It's the internet. No better place to to do that!!

Well said sir. I'm not trying to stir the turd i'm just amused at the way these thing always turn.

• Members

Well said sir. I'm not trying to stir the turd i'm just amused at the way these thing always turn.

I'm passive for the most part. You can't convince anyone on the net to have your opinions, just like you can't in public. All you can do is rally around those with similar opinions. Most of which becomes a ganging up mentality until the weakest decide {censored} it, and leave. To me, it aint worth getting upset over the internet. :lol:

• Members

I'm passive for the most part. You can't convince anyone on the net to have your opinions, just like you can't in public. All you can do is rally around those with similar opinions. Most of which becomes a ganging up mentality until the weakest decide {censored} it, and leave. To me, it aint worth getting upset over the internet.
:lol:

That makes sense, life's to short to let religion and politics suck to much energy out you.

• Members

Why the Peaceful Majority is Irrelevant

Published: Sunday, March 18, 2007 4:46 PM

History lessons are often incredibly simple.

I used to know a man whose family were German aristocracy prior to World War II. They owned a number of large industries and estates. I asked him how many German people were true Nazis, and the answer he gave has stuck with me and guided my attitude toward fanaticism ever since.

• Members
89061C8E-3EDA-4026-8BE8-3B9F8872104A-241

Maybe if we start sending them razors instead of aid they might be more appreciative.;)

I know the USA is far from innocent but most countries aren't. If we try to help they hate us. If we don't help they hate us. If it's going to be hate either way maybe we should just save our time, aid and money.

• Members

Maybe if we start sending them razors instead of aid they might be more appreciative.
;)

I know the USA is far from innocent but most countries aren't. If we try to help they hate us. If we don't help they hate us. If it's going to be hate either way maybe we should just save our time, aid and money.

Maybe we shouldn't have helped Iran overthrow it's own government in 1953 so we could control the oil... :idea:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1953_Iranian_coup_d%27%C3%A9tat

Ahh, gotta love the CIA... they do such wonderful things for the US. And we probably shouldn't have armed them in the 80s...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iran_contra

• Members

When a select group of crazys act up we are told not to judge the whole the group of Muslims by the actions of a few. When a select group of crazy Americans piss them off, they shouldn't judge us all that way either. But they do.... It's sorta a endless circle jerk.

• Members

When a select group of crazys act up we are told not to judge the whole the group of Muslims by the actions of a few. When a select group of crazy Americans piss them off, they shouldn't judge us all that way either. But they do.... It's sorta a endless circle jerk.

That's human nature more than anything.

Archived