OT: Why the hell are Muslims ...

reddt1

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

That is a bunch of hypocritical bull and you know it... If that is the way you want to play it fine... Just don't pretend to be fair and upholding the rules of this place...

That is all from me.

Gary

Gary, to be honest I've seen a lot of threads here bashing Christians and I don't agree with that. However, I've also seen a lot of threads that had nothing to do with Christianity being hijacked and turned into a religious discussion by some of the Christians here. I haven't seen this behavior by members of any other religion in this forum.

So yeah, while I think that 2 wrongs don't make a right, I think a lot of the Christians here are just as guilty of instigating this type of stuff as the atheists are. It's like each side wants the other side to stop, but no one wants to do it first.

• Members

Gary, to be honest I've seen a lot of threads here bashing Christians and I don't agree with that. However, I've also seen a lot of threads that had nothing to do with Christianity being hijacked and turned into a religious discussion by some of the Christians here. I haven't seen this behavior by members of any other religion in this forum.

So yeah, while I think that 2 wrongs don't make a right, I think a lot of the Christians here are just as guilty of instigating this type of stuff as the atheists are. It's like each side wants the other side to stop, but no one wants to do it first.

I can't deny that that has happened as well Billy... That is true...

I think that is the nature of people as a general rule... "I want this to end, but I don't wanna give in first..."

I will gladly give in... Let me be the first.

You are correct that 2 wrongs never make a right.

Let the end of the thread hijacking begin with me...

Gary

• Members

I can't deny that that has happened as well Billy... That is true...

I think that is the nature of people as a general rule... "I want this to end, but I don't wanna give in first..."

I will gladly give in... Let me be the first.

You are correct that 2 wrongs never make a right.

Let the end of the thread hijacking begin with me...

Gary

OMG IT'S THE SECOND EFFING COMING OF JESUS!!

• Members

This is simply not enforced evenly Six... If it were, there wouldn't be many left... There are ALWAYS people bashing Christianity and Christians... If we are not going to be fair, let's at least be honest!

Gary

By having Jesus is lord in your sig you are shoving Christianity down my throat, is that fair.

I have no religion so I don't think it's fair.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Dehumanize View Post
Yeah, Christians have never gone bat{censored} insane and murdered innocent people.

Americans neither.

Of course Americans AND Christians go bat {censored} crazy. The difference is that MOST people speak out against it. When the Catholic Church had....it's problem...some sat back and did nothing. But MOST either dropped out or were extremely outspoken. The church took a HUGE hit not only publicly but in it's ranks, and rightly so!

So...where is the huge Muslim/Middle East outcry?

To be fair, I understand there was some display of sympathy in Egypt. Not sure it's enough.

• Members

The week after the 7/7 bombings in London, I was travelling on a bus to visit my girlfriend. A muslim man got on the bus the stop after I did, and sat opposite me with his backpack on his lap. He was in full garb - head gear, white cloak etc. After about 10 minutes, he got out a Koran and started singing/ chanting passages from it in a quiet, nervous voice. Then he got an old mobile phone out of the backpack and started toying with it, just turning it round in his trembling hands as he carried on singing from his Koran.

Naturally, given the recent events and the mood at the time I was a little concerned. But the 45 minute journey passed and I got off at my stop.

Later that night I saw that man on the news. He was one of the leaders of the Uk's islamic council, and the report was about how he was speaking out on behalf of UK muslims against the terrorist attacks.

When you consider the position he was taking publicly as well as the retarded anti-muslim sentiment of racists in the UK at the time (and now, sadly), it's no wonder he was nervous about taking public transport, and being a devout man had turned to his bible for comfort. I felt ashamed to have been worried about sitting opposite him, and that experience taught me a lesson. You can't ever judge individuals based on your perception of an entire group. There are good and evil people everywhere in the world, no matter which group of people you focus on. But even the ones you or I would consider evil are doing what they do because they think it's right, so the best thing to do is to try and understand their position - not hate on them in the knee jerk way that so much of the world does.

It may hurt some of you over the pond to hear it, but events like 9/11 and 7/7 don't happen out of the blue because of the evil, twisted views of a group of people. They're revenge as the result of years if not decades of percieved slights on their way of life. And in turn, the west took revenge by invading countries that should really be nothing to do with them, in the name of a war on the concept of "terror" which has resulted in millions of innocent people loosing their lives. It's no wonder that there aren't huge groups of people in the middle east willing to stand up for the west. In fact, it's amazing that there are any at all.

• Members

The week after the 7/7 bombings in London, I was travelling on a bus to visit my girlfriend. A muslim man got on the bus the stop after I did, and sat opposite me with his backpack on his lap. He was in full garb - head gear, white cloak etc. After about 10 minutes, he got out a Koran and started singing/ chanting passages from it in a quiet, nervous voice. Then he got an old mobile phone out of the backpack and started toying with it, just turning it round in his trembling hands as he carried on singing from his Koran.

Naturally, given the recent events and the mood at the time I was a little concerned. But the 45 minute journey passed and I got off at my stop.

Later that night I saw that man on the news. He was one of the leaders of the Uk's islamic council, and the report was about how he was speaking out on behalf of UK muslims against the terrorist attacks.

When you consider the position he was taking publicly as well as the retarded anti-muslim sentiment of racists in the UK at the time (and now, sadly), it's no wonder he was nervous about taking public transport, and being a devout man had turned to his bible for comfort. I felt ashamed to have been worried about sitting opposite him, and that experience taught me a lesson. You can't ever judge individuals based on your perception of an entire group. There are good and evil people everywhere in the world, no matter which group of people you focus on. But even the ones you or I would consider evil are doing what they do because they think it's right, so the best thing to do is to try and understand their position - not hate on them in the knee jerk way that so much of the world does.

It may hurt some of you over the pond to hear it, but events like 9/11 and 7/7 don't happen out of the blue because of the evil, twisted views of a group of people. They're revenge as the result of years if not decades of percieved slights on their way of life. And in turn, the west took revenge by invading countries that should really be nothing to do with them, in the name of a war on the concept of "terror" which has resulted in millions of innocent people loosing their lives. It's no wonder that there aren't huge groups of people in the middle east willing to stand up for the west. In fact, it's amazing that there are any at all.

I felt the same mate, we all did. I was still a bit weary on the tube for a while

• Members

:)
all cool with me... Your beliefs and mine are polar opposites, yet we have never argued that I remember... That is the way reasonable peoples of all stripes should act bro!

Gary

I like to mess around with people on here for the lulz but I really don't have an issue with most Christians. I think that most people are good and want to do whats right. Some are just a little misguided.. Take some of the anti-gay crowd as an example. As long as a persons beliefs don't interfere with others lives or how they want to conduct it I have 0 issue with it. While I might think its {censored}ing crazy or dumb I wholly support it if it helps that person. Take Draelyc as an example there.. LOL.

• Members

You have a very nice post here.....but I think the issue is even more complicated than you say. The Middle East Muslim people who wish to act should not use the very tactics they are protesting, should they? Eye for an eye, huh? They also have to realize the difference in The USA government doing {censored}...and the Citizens doing {censored}. I suppose that is a difficult concept to grasp...since USA Citizens are not storming the Whitehouse/Congress to murder the villainous evil blasphemous politicians.

How can it be a "Religion OF Peace"? (if I have that right).

And to add to that, stuff like this: (I am sorry I have no direct quote...but here's the gist)

For those unacquainted with the more obscure tenets of Islamic theology, the 12th Imam is held by devout Shi'ite Muslims to be a direct descendant of the Prophet Mohammed who went into "occlusion" in the ninth century at the age of five and hasn't been seen since.

The Hidden Imam, as he is also known by his followers, will only return after a period of cosmic chaos, war and bloodshed

• Members

Since you said "countries," I'll respond. Since the day of September 11, 2001 I have felt that the Bush Administration would use the events as an excuse to invade Iraq. I have never been in favor of this and never will be. However, do you truly believe that the government of Afghanistan, the Taliban, was cooperative with turning over the inhabitants of the multiple terrorist training camps that they turned a blind eye to in their country? That decision had something to do with the 3,000 Al Qaeda members who were fighting alongside the Taliban in the Northern provinces. Al Qaeda was estimated to have a total membership of 20,000 at the time. The U.S. had been demanding that the Taliban hand over Al Qaeda leaders since August of 1998. In fact, the United Nations voted unamimously to impose sanctions on the Taliban Government in 1999 until Bin Laden was handed over (Resolution 1267). Though the United Nations did not vote to approve the U.S. invasion of Afghanistan, 45 other countries chose to provide troop support to the United States. Since Britain was one of those countries, and since Britain was attacked by Al Qaeda, I would hope that you are indeed in favor of the U.S. military action against Afghanistan. War is a broadsword not a scalpel. Mistakes were made. It could have been done better, over less time and with less money. But the low number of civilian casualties (which stands at 15,000 not "millions" btw) is a testament to coalition efforts to avoid targeting civilians for the most part. I seriously hope that you agree with all that I have said.

• Members

By millions I am including those civilians in Iraq who died in the civil unrest directly caused by our removal of the power structure. I never said I was talking about direct collateral damage from military action. We took out an "evil" government but at what cost? And was it our decision to make? I honestly don't think it was.

yeah because it was pretty {censored}ing safe to live in Iraq before the west got involved. :rolleyes: The casualties of this war are nothing when compared to the casualties from the Saddam regime over his own people.

• Members
yeah because it was pretty {censored}ing safe to live in Iraq before the west got involved.
:rolleyes:
The casualties of this war are nothing when compared to the casualties from the Saddam regime over his own people.

... I didn't say it was. But actually, the casualties of the war aren't "nothing" when compared with anything. If you look at the death toll in Saddam's 3 decades of rule, and the death toll in the few years after the 2003 invasion, you're looking at numbers which aren't an order of magnitude apart. From the stuff I've looked into, it seems that the quality of life for the average joe in Iraq is worse now than it would have been 10 years ago. Apparently up to 70% of the children in Iraq born since 2003 suffer from some psychological trauma. Won't it be great in 30 years when these poor kids are running the place? I'm sure they'll look back on their childhood years and think with fondness about how they were liberated by the west. I bet they never even got to know the simple joy of owning a Laney full stack!

Archived