Wich tuner do you have?

Kaux

• Members

On top of my Loudbox plugged into the tuner port.
KorgCA30.jpg

Epoxied to my music stand.
imt204.jpg

Clamped to a mandolin.
Meisel_cliptuner.gif

Installed in the VSTi folder.
gtune.png

There's a tuner on my BlackBox and another on the H2. I've also got harmonicas and a tuning fork.

Most of the time I end up tuning to my partner's accordian. :facepalm:

• Members

Intelli IMT-500.

It has worked better than the pt-2 intellitouch I used to own,and for 20.00 on ebay...good deal.

This is my experience also. I keep my pt-2 on my 12 string, but when I wanted to buy another tuner for my daughter, I bought another IMT-500. I use it on guitar, ukulele, bass and violin. I just replaced the batteries for the first time; they lasted a few years. It still was tuning, but the backlight was dim. To get a backlight on the intellitouch (pt-1), you have to pay an EXTRA $20 over the non-backlight version (pt-2).

I think Freeman likes the strobo-thing you mention. search past threads. "Which tuner do you like?" has been asked many times.

Scott O

• Members

I've had the same TU-12 for like 15 years now.

I gave my TU-12 to my son, but I actually prefer it over the TU-15 - I just like the interface a little more on the TU-12. I got the TU-15 because it had preprogrammed alternate tunings.

• Members

I have a Korg that has an analog (think DB) meter. It is cromatic as well as has setting for guitar. It is similar to the one below. Korg no longer makes mine. The thing I really like about mine is the analog meter. They are just way more responsive than any of the LCD meters I have tried.

I have a Wittner GT2 that also has an analog meter. I bought it for $3.00 or so on eBay. Had it for a few years and like it a lot. It's not chromatic, strictly EADGBE, but it does the job for me. It has a built-in mike and a 1/4" jack. I use the mike for my acoustic and the 1/4" jack to tune our bass player's instrument prior to worship.

• Members

I have this:

I have heard people mention that it doesn't register the low E. It does. If the low E string is lightly sounded it works just fine. Accuracy is exceptional to my ear. Plus, it has a feature that allows you to store other tunings. No big deal but it is handy if you are new to another tuning and have yet to just be able to tune it in by memory.

Steady on there, there are a lot of people, myself included, who have mixed feelings about clip-on style tuners. I have GP one which has a problem with the E strings (deliberate plural) when on guitar setting.

I found an interesting way aroung the problem: choose chromatic! Dunno why but it is much more sensitive on this setting.

Our fiddle player uses the same model for his violin and is very pleased with it.

I also have a really old Yamaha guitar/bass tuner with an analogue VU meter which has the advantage of being able to sit in series between guitar and amp. Decent mike for tuning acoustics. Very accurate too. I've had it almost as long as the Guild (26 years!).

We also have the little black Korg chromatic with an LCD VU meter which is OK too.

• Members

I prefer tuners that make an audible reference tone to tune an acoustic guitar that doesn't have a pickup. I have one of the original quartz GT something or other chromatic tuner (big, grey, analog, meter...) and have the smaller version from circa '81 also. Digital tuners are finally becoming as accurate as the old quartz models. The intellitouch tuners are cool if a bit finicky sometimes. Note that intonation is in your fingers as much as your tuner and that you want to decide if you tune to the attack or sustained note. If you are in a band it helps to have everybody used the same tuner as they are not always exactly calibrated to each other, depending on accuracy.

• Members

I have this very same tuner (below), and I love it. Try this with your tuner: It went through an entire wash and drying cycle in the pocket of my cargo pants. Killed the battery, but it worked like new after drying out and a new battery installed.

Also, I hear that the clip-ons don't function well onstage or in noisy environments--not true for me. Never had a problem.

Intelli IMT-500.

It has worked better than the pt-2 intellitouch I used to own,and for 20.00 on ebay...good deal.

IntelliPage.jpg

• Members
I have this very same tuner (below), and I love it. Try this with your tuner:
It went through an entire wash and drying cycle
in the pocket of my cargo pants. Killed the battery, but it worked like new after drying out and a new battery installed.

Also, I hear that the clip-ons don't function well onstage or in noisy environments--not true for me. Never had a problem.

Looks good. My one concern -- how can you be "Voted #1 Selling Tuner"? Don't you have to actually be the #1 selling tuner to, err, be the #1 selling tuner? ;)

• Members
(...)how can you be "Voted #1 Selling Tuner"? Don't you have to actually be the #1 selling tuner to, err, be the #1 selling tuner?
;)

Ha. Indeed. I hadn't noticed that--wonder who writes such brilliant ad copy.

But as to the ruggedness--all the more impressive, when I consider that I've had not one but two iPod Shuffles killed by a single raindrop. And I mean killed dead, as in forever. :mad:

Archived