OT: Thank You and Good-Bye

Glenn F

• Members

I'd just like to thank all of the people who have shared their wisdom, experience, music and camaraderie here with me. It is time for me to move on. I am not leaving because of the current controversy over post appropriateness, but, rather, just a need to move on and get down to doing what I need to do elsewhere.

I wish you all well, and hope that your instruments bring you joy, and that you bring joy to others with your music.

Cheers,

Glenn Freeman

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

As Tom Bodett used to say in those Motel 6 ads, "We'll leave the light on for you." And as Robert Frost once wrote, "Home is the place where, when you have to go there, They have to take you in." If you ever feel the need or desire to come back, you'll find the light on and a home here. Meanwhile, safe journey and farewell.

• Members

Avast.

Glenn, we miss you already.

you are a beacon in the darkness.

an oasis in the desert.

the hamburger at a vegan fest. (well, you get the idea.)

sorry to see you go.

we promise not to change the locks on the door here.

take good care, sir.

• Members

I hate it when folks feel the need to leave forums due to the lack of visual communication cues that are so critical to effective, harmonious communication. Good luck, your posts have always been very useful, and I wish you the best and hope you will reconsider. Even if this is not the case I hope your future endeavors bring you happiness.

• Members

I wish you all well, and hope that your instruments bring you joy, and that you bring joy to others with your music.

And I wish the same to you Glenn -- stay happy, keep playing, and drop in whenever you feel need.

cheers,

andrew

• Members

I'd just like to thank all of the people who have shared their wisdom, experience, music and camaraderie here with me. It is time for me to move on. I am not leaving because of the current controversy over post appropriateness, but, rather, just a need to move on and get down to doing what I need to do elsewhere.

Cheers,

Glenn Freeman

Ah, crap. I'm out too, I think. Cheers to you, Glenn, and to everyone else.

• Members

HEY! WHOAAAAAA GUYS! :cry:

For evil to triumph requires only that good men do nothing!

OK this forum isn't all it was, but it never again will be if all the good folks who genuinely have something to offer jump ship. We need the humour, insight and balance. Those are rare qualities every where, and everywhere they ebb and flow, I reckon we're on the ebb at the moment.

This is the closest thing I have ever come across to a genuine online community that can, and does as needed, manifest in the real world.

Every village has a village idiot. O.K. at the moment we seem to need a rota, but c'mon - don't rise to every fly cast by a knuckle trailer, use the ignore button ; let's man up and defend the old neighbourhood!

( or at least let me know where y'all shifting to ... )

Archived