A Forum Where...

JasmineTea

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
I understand exactly what JT is saying here. Get on here and say you don't think Martin is that great and see what happens. The same with Yamaha. Say that a $5000 guitar is in reality no better than a $1000 guitar in most cases and see what happens. Say you like Zager guitars and see what happens. Argue that laminated back and sides are junk and see what happens. Say you can hear the difference in bridge pin materials and see what happens. But when you disagree with the majority you are attacked and told you don't know what you're talking about.

Get on here and say the exact opposite of everything you've mentionned above (OK, except maybe about Zager guitars) and see what happens.

;)

• Members

+1

And then we have examples, like the "...bone saddle in the Alvarez" thread where someone accuses the OP of being a liar because they say they heard a difference between tusq and bone. We all expect disagreement, but you're a liar because of what you hear? That's whacked.

Tone is subjective which is a fancy way of saying that no one can really disprove what you are saying. Tops opening up over time for instance, does it happen or does your brain just get used to the tone of the guitar and make it more pleasant to your ears? Almost like developing a taste for something, if you eat enough of it. I don't know, but then again no one really 'knows' for sure.

• Members

I don't know which nic to address this to: 70>0 or jasmine, or whatever you call yourself today. I learned my craft as an apprentice beginning in 1968, and became a journeyman luthier in 1972. I didn't "self proclaim" myself as anything, it's the profession i chose. The people here, all have different careers, and their own expertise in their fields. I don't give a {censored} whether you ever agree with my advice or not, but saying i didn't earn my stripes as others in their chosen professions have done, rubs me the wrong way.

You sling some pretty mouthy bull{censored}, and the name calling speaks to your demeanor.

• Members
So basically you want to state your opinion on the board and it not be challenged or discussed at all? What you seem to be complaining about is the nature of conversation. If I state an opinion in any venue, be it forum or at the local pub that most disagree with I will have people voicing their disagreement. For the most part I think these differences in opinion are done politely here.

No, that's not what I'm saying. I'm saying that if you do attack me or misquote me as you're doing right now I just let it roll off my back. If you differ with me, fine, but don't get nasty with me. That's the point.

BigAl :cop:

• Members
No, that's not what I'm saying. I'm saying that if you do attack me or misquote me as you're doing right now I just let it roll off my back. If you differ with me, fine, but don't get nasty with me. That's the point.

BigAl :cop:

I wasn't getting nasty just trying to understand your point. I certainly didn't misquote which is obvious because you quote just how you typed it is above. You said you understand JT's getting all worked up because when someone does express a opinion that goes against most others people jump all over him.

• Members
:wave:

Hi guys & gals. There is one simple "Golden Rule" that works well on internet forums like this one. The model for this was established at The Gear Page and I can tell you it works very well. Best explained with an example:

Acceptable: "I tried a bone saddle and thought it made the guitar sound like ass.....to bright and shimmery. I prefer the sound with a plastic saddle."

Unacceptable: "People who think plastic saddles sound better than bone are a bunch of tone deaf assholes."

Debating a person's ideas is fair game, attacking a person whose ideas you disagree with is not fair game.
Simple stuff.

• Members

Youi're misunderstanding what I'm saying. I don't think you're being nasty to me, just misquoting me. My point is, if you go back and look at some of what JT is talking about, calling people shills,etc etc in the old Zager threads because they might like his guitars (and this has been done en mass), JT's own profanity in this thread, Oldskool's comments in this thread, some calling people assholes, pricks, etc because they differ with a person. That's my point. We need to respect that everyone has an opinion. Differ with their opinion, that's fine, but don't castrate someone for it.

BigAl

• Members

Hi guys & gals. There is one simple "Golden Rule" that works well on internet forums like this one. The model for this was established at The Gear Page and I can tell you it works very well. Best explained with an example:

Acceptable:
"I tried a bone saddle and thought it made the guitar sound like ass.....to bright and shimmery. I prefer the sound with a plastic saddle."

Unacceptable:
"People who think plastic saddles sound better than bone are a bunch of tone deaf assholes."

Debating a person's ideas is fair game, attacking the person whose ideas you disagree with is not fair game.

Simple stuff.

PLASTIC SADDLES SOUND BETTER YOU ASSHOLE!

BigAl :lol::facepalm:

• Members

Acceptable:
"I tried a bone saddle and thought it made the guitar sound like ass.....to bright and shimmery. I prefer the sound with a plastic saddle."

Unacceptable:
"People who think plastic saddles sound better than bone are a bunch of tone deaf assholes."

Debating a person's ideas is fair game, attacking the person whose ideas you disagree with is not fair game.

Simple stuff.

This isn't confined to internet forums. This is standard human etiquette. Of course, this might imply that anyone not following it is not human.

• Members

+1

And then we have examples, like the "...bone saddle in the Alvarez" thread where someone accuses the OP of being a liar because they say they heard a difference between tusq and bone. We all expect disagreement, but you're a liar because of what you hear? That's whacked.

That's part of my point.

• Members

You can defend this petulant child all you want, but this isn't about his "tone":

I wasn't "defending" him, just stating that he makes some good points that needed airing out. I don't agree with his personal attacks on others.

Yes, most notably that of JasmineTea (or "70>0" or "BitterPills," or whichever identity he's using today). Screw him and his apologists.

As far as other identities I can't know that for sure. Maybe you do.

• Members

Originally Posted by Oldskool Texas

I wasn't "defending" him, just stating that he makes some good points that needed airing out. I don't agree with his personal attacks on others.

Guildfire, you cut and pasted my quotation and included your reponse within it, crediting me with words I didn't write. Please correct this, thanks.

• Members

Oldskool's comments in this thread

Al, you're welcome to choose sides and pick your friends, but why you find it necessary to single me out by name for your consternation is a mystery. Most of the time I'm pretty mellow. Please go back and read my initial post in this thread.

JasmineTea's attack on me started when I pointed out that 70>0 and Bitterpills hadn't posted since the last dustup on this subject, and once again, they show up only to parrot JT's position. For that I'm called a "{censored}head" and an "asshole" (not by either of them, mind you, but by JasmineTea).

If you think I'm not going to respond in kind, you're dreaming, and I'd wager that you'd do the same.

The fact is, JasmineTea is stirring up {censored} and creating conflict where none would otherwise exist. I'll take full responsibility for my words and actions, but let's not lose sight of who initiated this bull{censored} in the first place.

• Members

Excuse me, guildfire, but you cut and pasted that quotation to include comments that I didn't make, and credited them to me.

I never said,
"I wasn't "defending" him, just stating that he makes some good points that needed airing out. I don't agree with his personal attacks on others."

Please correct your error or delete your post. Thank you.

You are correct, those were my comments that were intended to be in response to one of your points. A simple mistake, not sure how it came out that way, but I had no intent to make it look like you said that. Thanks for pointing this out. We don't have to agree on everything but we should be clear on who is saying what.

• Members

To Oldskool:
You're offended? Good. That way I know you won't forget it. Ever...That's about all I have to say to you, other than I think you'd look good in BBQ sauce...wait, one more thing: You offended me first, but you're probly not aware of it, and would need to have that explained to you.

To the rest:
The topic I've posted here is entirely valid, and has little to do with me personally. That should be obvious, no point in arguing about JT. Interesting to note however, a number of posts that sidestep the issue and flame at me. All I did was point out some problems with the forum, for that I get accused of being a problem. I am no better or worse than any of you dumb jackasses. At least I don't think so.

I'm not a super articulate person. Others have made a better argument for the points I posted than I ever could. I'm glad to see that, and thankful.

I have wondered why the mods never addressed it. It's such an obvious problem. A divisive problem. Some have said "it's just human nature". Maybe. But just because everyone's doing it does'nt make it allright.

What I'll never understand is why some feel so compelled to group and side against others, to the point of negating the original question or issue entirely, and that over a little sliver of wood that holds a guitar string in place.

• Members

To Oldskool:

You're offended? Good. That way I know you won't forget it. Ever...That's about all I have to say to you, other than I think you'd look good in BBQ sauce...wait, one more thing: You offended me first, but you're probly not aware of it, and would need to have that
explained
to you.

Sorry, but I don't respect you enough to be offended by your idiotic rants. Like the lunatic homeless guy I encounter every now and then shouting his obscene nonsense on the corner, I hope that you, too, seek and receive the help you so obviously need.

Sorry I fractured so many of your fragile little sensibilities.

• Members
Al, you're welcome to choose sides and pick your friends, but why you find it necessary to single me out by name for your consternation is a mystery. Most of the time I'm pretty mellow. Please go back and read my initial post in this thread.

JasmineTea's attack on me started when I pointed out that 70>0 and Bitterpills hadn't posted since the last dustup on this subject, and once again, they show up only to parrot JT's position. For that I'm called a "{censored}head" and an "asshole" (not by either of
them
, mind you, but by JasmineTea).

If you think I'm not going to respond in kind, you're dreaming, and I'd wager that you'd do the same.

The fact is, JasmineTea is stirring up {censored} and creating conflict where none would otherwise exist. I'll take full responsibility for my words and actions, but let's not lose sight of who initiated this bull{censored} in the first place.

Oldskool, I'm not "taking sides" as you put it. Fact of the matter is, two wrongs don't make a right. I don't condone JT's profanity but also don't condone your responses on this thread, which if you will read them, are pretty childish and nasty. You are making suppositions about two other forum members and saying they are really JT, which may or may not be correct. I don't have any idea and really don't care. I singled you out because quite frankly I was shocked to see the stuff you were saying which is quite unlike your character. Peace.

BigAl :)

Archived