A Forum Where...

JasmineTea

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
I remember your "Totamus is a dumbass" thread.

As foolish as that thread was, it may well have done some good. I've more respect for you now. It would be hard to articulate further without sounding like I'm condescending. I don't have anything against you, Tot.

• Members

Well. I like this place. I've "met" some great people here, joined in some great discussions and learned a lot.

Now and again there is some controversy - but, Hell, wouldn't life be dull without that? And there is often quite a lot of fun - and that always helps brighten up the daily grind, doesn't it?

It's funny to think that I only joined up a couple of years ago - I can't imagine life without HCAG now - is that sad? - I don't think so.

• Members

As foolish as that thread was, it may well have done some good. I've more respect for you now. It would be hard to articulate further without sounding like I'm condescending. I don't have anything against you, Tot.

Nor do I have anything against you. However, I will note - without malice - that, as I attempted to articulate in the first post, you seem to do the exact same things that you rail on about.

Call it a moment of foolishness, or bad judgment, but everyone does it. This forum is a pretty decent place, and we all have foibles. Occasional tantrums and tirades are yours. I think pretty much everyone just accepts that it is the way you are wired, and it is accepted.

My point, if I have one, is that it would be pretty cool if you granted others the same acceptance as you are so graciously given.

Peace

• Members

I read what I want, ignore what I don't like and sometimes even join in with an opinion. I am my own ultimate censor.

This is what I don't get about people who get all bent and storm off in a rage... If you don't like what someone is saying ignore them. That's the beauty of a forum you can ignore anyone you like very easily.

• Members

For the most part I find it disturbing when musicians argue, especially about music and instruments. Makes no sense at all, and takes the fun out of music.

Pop over to the Political Forum here and see Musicians arguing about Politics. Then you can pop over and take a nice sigh of relief while reading some nice posts arguing the merits of Brass tuners over brass plated tuners. :poke:

Face for most people a healthy debate is not only fun it's good as long as it doesn't turn personal. If everyone agreed with everything this forum would be a bore and more then a little disturbing.

• Members

Oh well, I guess that's more people for assholes like you to ostracize.

...I don't think I've known you to post anything useful, ever. I mean, ever..I mean, there is such a thing as wasted cyberspace. Would probly make more sense to shove that guitar up your ass like a spit and roast your piggy-ass over a fire.

:facepalm: There is only two explanations for this post

1. You are full of sh1t and just trolling

2. You take what people say on this forum way too seriously. Either way calling someone out for "Wasted Cyberspace" with a post like that is more then a little hypocritical.

That being said flame on.. :thu:

Yeah this is three posts in a row.. What can I say it's a four page thread and I'm posting as I go. I'm on page 3 so this will likely be the last of the replies.

• Members

..., you seem to do the exact same things that you rail on about.

... it would be pretty cool if you granted others the same acceptance as you are so graciously given.

Amen.

Others have come to your defense and have backed up your claims of knowledge and experience. But it's really hard to accept it with all the insults and tirades.

I can understand the desire to correct misinformation, but to do it in your manner gives little weight to your argument, to those who don't know you. For most, it leads to misconceptions about the very same knowledge and experience you wish to portray.

It's like listening to some of the media commentators. Unless you agree with the name-caller, all that bull{censored} isn't going to convince you of anything they say.

• Members

Oh well, I guess that's more people for assholes like you to ostracize.

Would probly make more sense to shove that guitar up your ass like a spit and roast your piggy-ass over a fire.

Nice pre-school tantrum, but kind of :bor: coming from a troll of your vast experience.

And what a surprise that BitterPills shows up here as well. How many accounts do you have, anyway?

• Members

Back in the early 70's there was a ride at Hershey Park, Pa with a little palm tree just within reach of the passing cars. The trunk was rough and scarred. On this tree was posted a sign which read "Please stop hitting me. I am dying because people keep hitting me".

• Members

you seem to do the exact same things that you rail on about.

My point, if I have one, is that it would be pretty cool if you granted others the same acceptance as you are so graciously given.

Peace

Hey, I might be nuts, and I'm ok with that. The things that I rail on about are things that work against the community-thing that happens here. Pointed jokes and elbos in the ribs are fine with me, even a pie in the face, I'm game.

Just as I said in my opening post though, there's no way solid info (or good jokes) can be exchanged when there's these ostracizing-shepherd-herd-things going on. It turns into us-vs-them, and who's right becomes more important than what is right. Defeats the purpose of the forum.

Having said that, I see myself as indeed granting acceptance to others. I draw the line however, at those who do the herd thing, as they indeed are not accepting of others, and will go so far as to gang-up and enforce their opinions.

It should be noted here, that I started the whole "keep-the-forum-open-to-any-and-all" thing yeas ago. I also started the IKFC -Spirit of HCAG- or "Capers", as they call it now. That was me. But even so, I always insisted on allowing the individual to be an individual, not a follower, or part of the herd.

...nice to meet you, Tot.

• Members

Hey, I might be nuts, and I'm ok with that. The things that I rail on about are things that work against the community-thing that happens here. Pointed jokes and elbos in the ribs are fine with me, even a pie in the face, I'm game.

Just as I said in my opening post though, there's no way solid info (or good jokes) can be exchanged when there's these ostracizing-shepherd-herd-things going on. It turns into us-vs-them, and
who's
right becomes more important than
what
is right. Defeats the purpose of the forum.

Having said that, I see myself as indeed granting acceptance to others. I draw the line however, at those who do the herd thing, as they indeed are not accepting of others, and will go so far as to enforce their opinions.

It should be noted here, that I started the whole "keep-the-forum-open-to-any-and-all" thing yeas ago. I also started the IKFC -Spirit of HCAG- or "Capers", as they call it now. That was me. But even so, I always insisted on allowing the individual to be an individual, not a follower, or part of the herd.

...nice to meet you, Tot.

Hi JT,

I know that Zager posts as well as politically and pure commercial spam posts get hostile responses. However, are there other types of posts that you are talking about?

• Members

To me, nothing is more tedious than when the forum becomes the topic of the forum.

There are members here who rub me the wrong way, opinions I disagree with, and egos I find insufferable. Sometimes I take a little break from it when I find myself having actual emotional responses to what is said here. In the grand scheme of things, HCAG is just a a pleasant diversion, and a source of some camaraderie and often some useful information.

Oh --- and after listening to and participating in the latest VOM, I have to say that I am
very
impressed with the caliber of musicianship around here, and that has really improved my overall opinion of the forum.

amen to all of this.

• Members

I thought I was clear about it.

Hmm, you mentioned that it bothered you when luthiers expressed doubt about the benefits of things like bridge pins and you didn't like it that the "Are Expensive Guitars Really Worth It?" thread got so many responses. Is that it? Are there more examples?

I ask because I'm not sure that I see that many threads where folks are being bullied. Maybe I'm missing something. :confused:

Archived