A Forum Where...

JasmineTea

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Well, I've got to admit, I sometimes have trouble dechipering what some of you 'old hands' are talking about - but as a Forum, it's hellish interesting!
:confused:

Yeah, post counts and self-assuredness can be deceiving. I think I'm gonna reboot back to being a n00b just so that I can get away with being full of {censored}. :facepalm:

• Members

To Oldskool:

You're offended? Good. That way I know you won't forget it. Ever...That's about all I have to say to you, other than I think you'd look good in BBQ sauce...wait, one more thing: You offended me first, but you're probly not aware of it, and would need to have that
explained
to you.

To the rest:

The topic I've posted here is entirely valid, and has little to do with me personally. That should be obvious, no point in arguing about JT. Interesting to note however, a number of posts that sidestep the issue and flame at me. All I did was point out some problems with the forum, for that I get accused of being a problem. I am no better or worse than any of you dumb jackasses. At least I don't think so.

I'm not a super articulate person. Others have made a better argument for the points I posted than I ever could. I'm glad to see that, and thankful.

I have wondered why the mods never addressed it. It's such an obvious problem. A divisive problem. Some have said "it's just human nature". Maybe. But just because everyone's doing it does'nt make it allright.

What I'll never understand is why some feel so compelled to group and side against others, to the point of negating the original question or issue entirely, and that over a little sliver of wood that holds a guitar string in place.

First off there is no problem which is why the Mods haven't addressed it. It's all in your head. People have different opinions and when someone expresses an opinion there is going to be others who disagree and say so. If this simple fact abuses your ego so badly I would suggest not offering your opinion. Since apparently in your mind yours should be the only one that matters. I think most here think this forum is a pretty easy going place especially when judging it against the other forums out there.

• Members

1)First off there is no problem which is why the Mods haven't addressed it.

2)It's all in your head.

3)People have different opinions and when someone expresses an opinion there is going to be others who disagree and say so.

4)If this simple fact abuses your ego so badly I would suggest not offering your opinion.

5)Since apparently in your mind yours should be the only one that matters.

6)I think most here think this forum is a pretty easy going place especially when judging it against the other forums out there.

1) The forum has been quite tame lately, but recent past is only a few pages back.

2) I'm not the only one who shares my pov.

3) Opinions are not the problem. Enforcing opinions, and ganging up in order to enforce those opinions, is.

4) Indeed I have a healthy ego, but not so as to gather a herd of followers around me in order to enforce my opinion.

5) There's no possible way you could know me well enough to say such a thing. Furthermore, I've stated the opposite numerous times in this very thread, and again in this very post.

6) Agreed. But it's foolish to judge it against other forums, as though we've achieved something by outdoing their incredibly low standards.

• Members

3) Opinions are not the problem. Enforcing opinions, and ganging up in order to enforce those opinions, is..

Enforced how? ganging up how?

So to be clear if you have Opinion A and I have opinion B and we both state them in a thread. If most of the other posters agree with Opinion A you are the asshole who is ganging up on me. But if most agree with opinion B then I am ganging up on you?

How many like opinions does it take to turn into a "Enforced ganging up"? Just so I know for future reference.

Are there people showing up at your house trying to beat other peoples opinions into you? If so you should call the police.

• Members

Enforced how? ganging up how?

So to be clear if you have Opinion A and I have opinion B and we both state them in a thread. If most of the other posters agree with Opinion A you are the asshole who is ganging up on me. But if most agree with opinion B then I am ganging up on you?

How many like opinions does it take to turn into a "Enforced ganging up"? Just so I know for future reference.

Are there people showing up at your house trying to beat other peoples opinions into you? If so you should call the police.

As I've said, it's not a matter of differing opinions. And your example is misleading.

Consider some past threads concerning bridge pins; The origins of the volute; Whether the nut factors into the tone of fretted notes; Bone saddles; Tuner weight changing tone, and the like.

It's not that they just post a different opinion, it's telling others what they can and cannot hear, followed by insulting those who say they can hear subtle differences.

I get insults thrown at me because I can hear. And when I insist I can hear those things, I'm called a troll.

• Members

I'm glad this thread went to 10 pages. A strong indicator, you ask me. It started out valid, and it still is. But I'll be glad to see it die, too.

It's an indicator that most of us don't mind a little distraction from talk about nuts and bridge pins. The Zager thread went on for 12 pages so I'm not sure thread size is the litmus test for the validity of the OP.

Archived