Unofficial HCAG Annex

Freeman Keller

• Members

Ah, thanks for the clarification. It does make more sense if the date is somehow stamped across the seal. And it certainly helps that the post office is in on the operation.

My current method is to write songs that no one would ever want to steal.
:cry:

I've never worried about it myself.. Hey if someone can make one of my songs a hit well then at least i can say I wrote something people know. Kind of off the subject but along the same lines. I heard an Interview with Paul McCarthy talking about the possible Micheal Jackson auction of his song rights. He was asked if he would be bidding to get his songs back and he said no. When asked why he replied "It cost me nothing to write them I see no reason to pay for them now. I'll just write more for free."

Thought it was a interesting take on it. Strangely enough it was Howard Stern doing the interview but it was one of the best interviews I've ever heard on the radio. Tons of good info.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I've never worried about it myself.. Hey if someone can make one of my songs a hit well then at least i can say I wrote something people know. Kind of off the subject but along the same lines. I heard an Interview with Paul McCarthy talking about the possible Micheal Jackson auction of his song rights. He was asked if he would be bidding to get his songs back and he said no. When asked why he replied "It cost me nothing to write them I see no reason to pay for them now. I'll just write more for free."

Thought it was a interesting take on it. Strangely enough it was Howard Stern doing the interview but it was one of the best interviews I've ever heard on the radio. Tons of good info.

Yes...Sir Paul doesn't mind who owns the rights to his Beatles songs. What he does mind is that all the songs say "Written by Lennon & Macartney".

Apparently he got into a squabble over that issue with Yoko Ono and the song "Yesterday" which he composed by himself and he was the only Beatle to actually appear on the recording. This stems from a deal he and John Lennon made years before that all songs no matter who wrote them would say "Lennon & Macartney" as the composers.

• Members

Just heard your stuff, OGP. Good listening and quite a variety.

:thu:

Thanks for listening Queequeg. I am glad you enjoyed the tunes. I have been enjoying everyone else's stuff and I am so impressed with the talent and quality of the music here. It shows how much we all care about the music.

Very inspirational.

I think the reason why my music has different varieties is because of the different music I like. The blues on the other hand comes has easy to me as breathing. The fellow and I in the blues duo don't rehearse and could play a gig tommorow and no one would know the difference. I'm not so sure if thats a good or bad thing...:freak:

• Members

OGP- your stuff is so enjoyable to listen to repeatedly.

Whalebot- you rock. I just finished listening to the Ballad of John Wilkes Booth. THAT is how songs should be written.

Thanks MattSkibaIsGod. :)

I like your songs as well. There is nothing I enjoy more than just voice and acoustic guitar. You do both well. It's really enjoyable listening to your interpretations of those timeless songs. :thu:

I agree with you about Whalebot's Ballad of John Wilkes Booth...very cool song. :cool:

• Members

Thanks MattSkibaIsGod.
:)
I like your songs as well. There is nothing I enjoy more than just voice and acoustic guitar. You do both well. It's really enjoyable listening to your interpretations of those timeless songs.

I agree with you about Whalebot's
Ballad of John Wilkes Booth
...very cool song.
:cool:

I really appreciate it OGP. Not to whore myself out there, but I just sent Freeman a new track so if ya have time, check back in a few days.

• Members

Hi Freeman;

I have attached two new MP3's for my Annex music folder. :)

"Death has No Mercy": Rev. Gary Davis

"Reason To Believe": Tim Hardin

Both songs were recorded using one Behringer XM1800S Vocal Microphone and Audacity software. The guitar used was a Taylor 114.

If you get a chance please feel free to download them.

Regards,

OGP

• Members

Hey MattSkibaIsGod;

I heard your new tune in the Annex! I love it. You did a great job of it. Kris Kristofferson has great lyrics and you conveyed the feeling of the song nicely.

:D

Well Thank you kindly. It's such a sad and beautiful song, I wasn't sure I could do it justice. I just finished your new ones too. I love the RGD, and especially love your cover of Reason to Believe. great conviction; your voice is great. :thu:

• Members

Well Thank you kindly. It's such a sad and beautiful song, I wasn't sure I could do it justice. I just finished your new ones too. I love the RGD, and especially love your cover of Reason to Believe. great conviction; your voice is great.

You are most welcome and thanks for listening to my new tunes. I look forward to hearing more of yours and everybodys music. :)

I have been on a recording marathon all weekend (weather here is a disaster) so I will have more songs for next week.

Archived