Unofficial HCAG Annex

Freeman Keller

• Members

+1. I have a Mac and the best thing I've done for it so far is get a two button mouse with a scroll wheel. Its frighteningly convenient.

But if you don't have a mouse, Baba, holding down the ctrl key while you click works just fine.

Ellen

So that's what those buttons do! Thanks guys. I opted for Alt and Building Rome Today is downloading right now. The damned DSL is slower than molasses but at least I'll be able to save stuff. By the Way Kwak that Ave Maria/Silent Night medley was really great. And Queequeg, I love that you love the old standards; I really enjoyed Mona Lisa.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Hey Freeman/Krash... I think my tunes are mixed up. Not a big deal, but I hear Psalm 19 when I click on Building Rome Today and vice versa.

Well I guess I downloaded Psalm 19 then and it is really beautiful! I hope you don't mind my saying that it has a Mark Knopfler feel to it. Really nice work Ellen.

• Members

Well I guess I downloaded Psalm 19 then and it is really beautiful! I hope you don't mind my saying that it has a Mark Knopfler feel to it. Really nice work Ellen.

Thanks guys! Baba- I love the song you wrote. Your voice is really cool. And I can't say enough good about "The Water is Wide". That Larri sounds so good.

I must say that "One Cheek Symphony" is amazing, RT1 and Cripes.

Ellen

• Members

As far as I'm concerned, "One Cheek" is the HCAG theme song - I got misty the first time I heard it and I still do.

Ellen, I'll fix the titles and links - sorry. There were about 40 song uploaded all at the same time. One of the other things I will do is edit the mp3's to embed Title and performer information into the song itself. Details, details....

• Members

Just have a minute (gotta get some playing time in or my crappy hands stop working), but thanks for the positive reviews.

If the Mac people can agree on how to d/l the mp3's to your hd (do those things have hd's?), I'll add it to the d/l instructions. Closest I've ever been to using a Mac was playing Pong on an Apple IIc way back when.

Been neglecting my Neezer, so we're playing some blues tonite.

"Damn right I've got the blues,

from my head down to my shoes."

Electric music is good, too.

• Members

I'm taking this one song at a time, from top to bottom. I'm on dial up so it takes almost one hour to download a 3.5m song. I play my guitar while I wait, so it's actually a good thing.

Ellen's Psalm 19 is first (realizing it is presently listed as Building Rome...). Anyway, it is truly a beautiful piece and I am quite proud of it for you. My four year old daughter listened to it on the headphones---ALL THE WAY THROUGH! As ADHD as this child is, I cannot think of a better compliment to you Ellen as a performer. She listens to my playing for about 15 or 20 seconds, thens takes off running in pursuit of more interesting adventures:mad:

You did a great job and it is soulful and touching. Wow!

I will eventually listen to each piece, but it will take a few days. What anticipation!!!!:thu:

RT1

• Members

Just have a minute (gotta get some playing time in or my crappy hands stop working), but thanks for the positive reviews.

If the Mac people can agree on how to d/l the mp3's to your hd (do those things have hd's?), I'll add it to the d/l instructions. Closest I've ever been to using a Mac was playing Pong on an Apple IIc way back when.

What works for me is to just press the Option (alt) key while clicking the mouse once on the link. The song downloads as an mp3 and when the download is done I click on it and it opens in iTunes.

Thanks again Krash.

• Members

One Cheek Symphony is great. Baba, I love your version of Desperados. Ellen, Psalm 19 is fantastic as well. I have yet to get to all the songs, but I can't wait to.

Thanks guys. I feel like a bit of a poser given the level of talent and skill I have heard here. It is an honor to be part of this group and it gives me immense pleasure to know that some of you have enjoyed my stuff.

• Members

...And I can't say enough good about "The Water is Wide". That Larri sounds so good.

Thanks, Ellen,

I've been meaning to get some other stuff up there though. IMO my repertoire is a bit depressing. I'm currently working on some peppier stuff with a thumbpick that Cripes donated to me in Conyers. It's taking some getting used to.

• Members

Thanks, Ellen,

I've been meaning to get some other stuff up there though. IMO my repertoire is a bit depressing. I'm currently working on some peppier stuff with a thumbpick that Cripes donated to me in Conyers. It's taking some getting used to.

Neil: Your stuff is not depressing at all. I call it "reflective" and "meditative." It is the very type of playing that I really enjoy and hope one day to play. Thanks for sharing it.

And Ellen: Psalm 91 is a joy. I think the psalmist would have approved.

Bill

• Members

Thanks Freeman. I just downloaded Dak singing "Never Done That Before" - great singing chops Dak, you sound like Guy Clark, plus its a really good song. Jeez this is fun. As for your offer Freeman, thank you, perhaps I will take you up on it, but for now I download here and there and find that my DSL is faster today - ??? - don't know why - I am trying some things to bring the speed up. Thanks again.

• Members

Thanks Freeman. I just downloaded Dak singing "Never Done That Before" - great singing chops Dak, you sound like Guy Clark, plus its a
really
good song. Jeez this is fun. As for your offer Freeman, thank you, perhaps I will take you up on it, but for now I download here and there and find that my DSL is faster today - ??? - don't know why - I am trying some things to bring the speed up. Thanks again.

Thanks Baba, I'm a Guy Clark fan. I just this evening tossed my cover of Guy's "Stuff That Works" out to Freeman, along with a John Prine cover.

Your rendition of "Desperados Waiting For A Train" is well done.

• Members

Here're some favorites and thoughts after several listens....

Psalm 19; Ellen, fine, fine rendition.

Desperados Waiting for a Train; Baba, nice work.

Wolf on a Chain; TAH, great song once I got by the intro. I'd watch your live show.

Sailor's Grove on the Prairie; Freeman, superb slide work. Love" Louise" but that song has to have a vocal. I'm betting you can sing it as well as Kottke.

One Cheek Symphony; RT1/Cripes; Great tuneage. The electrics work just right. Was that a long distance collaboration?

Blue Moon; Queequeg, toss up between this and Mona Lisa. This one won out because it felt more alive.

The Water is Wide; kwak...Damn! That's good.

Canario; raggety, we need more.

Suzy Wong is All Right; Marcellis has it going on. Great stuff.

I'll Fly Away; MattskibaIsGOD does a great job on this traditional tune.

Classical Rag Fusion; riffmeister damn sure has some chops.

Winter 1; unhorizon, we need more here as well. excellent tune.

Absolutely wonderful to hear what some of you other forumites are doing. IMO, I can't hold a candle to you guys when it comes to picking and I'm honored to be included.

Archived