Sign in to follow this  
Freeman Keller

Unofficial HCAG Annex

Unofficial HCAG Annex

"It's all about the music" Krash, October 2007

The Annex is a place for members of the Harmony Central Acoustic Guitar forum to share and listen to each other's music. It is a place for technical information about acoustic guitars which has been contributed by members of the forum. It is a place for links to those many things on the Internet that might be of use to members. But, in the end, it is about the music, the guitars, and the people that play them.

The Annex has instructions for downloading and playing the music and for contributing your songs. Please feel free to contact Krash or Freeman about the Unofficial HCAG Annex - and sit back and enjoy.

Awesome awesome AWESOME!! +7 bazillion! I'm having a ball listening to everyone.

Baba- you have the lowest voice ever!

Ellen

EDIT: YOU PUT THE BEST STUFF in the tech section!!! Krash, Freeman, you guys are the best.

This is so awesome!! I love it! I haven't listened to all it as to offer yet but..

riffmeister- that is a beautiful sounding guitar and you play it so well... Horizons.. its great, it sounds most like what I hope to sound like one day...

Thanks Freeman and Krash. It looks awesome. I'm listening to a stellar rendition of Desperados Waiting for a Train by Baba right now. Can't wait to hear everyone else.

EDIT: Freeman, the tune I submitted called "Once I was" is actually a Tim Buckley song, not an original. Sorry for the confusing file name.

Congratulations to everyone, but most especially to Freeman and Krash for seeing this through and making it happen. I've only listened a little, but - what a treat!

:thu::thu::thu:

Jon will make this a sticky and kill the Sick Guitar and HCAG Album threads. We also agreed to lock it once it becomes stuck - we can talk about it in other threads, but our hope is that it will remain a way for our community to share and enjoy each others music.

Before I sign off tonight I just want to publicly say thanks to Krash. This was a dream for a long time, I wanted a way to hear all of you and when the album went south Krash stepped in. Thank you, sir, I am, no, HCAG is in your debt. It truely is about the music

This is wonderful. I hope to contribute someday. Thanks Krash and Freeman!

PS. It might be nice if submitters could show some pics of the gear they used?

Thanks to Freeman and Krash for the site and to all for the contributions. It puts more personality behind the posts. I promise to contribute something before I turn 60 (just 7 1/2 years to go!). ;)

Bill

I hope someone will backup that site once in a while.

An easy way to do that is with a piece of freeware called HTTrack.

BTW, I think I'll be whisteling all day after Riffmeisters Happy Go Lucky song.

Freeman and Krash,

Thanks for taking the time to do this. I really enjoy listening to everybody and expect to contribute myself in a few months. I got the ring finger of my left hand caught in a printing press in May, and have pretty much put the guitar aside for the summer. Except for a bit of numbness, the finger is coming back pretty good and I need to get to work and get my callouses and finger strength back. Looks like good motivation.

:thu:Very cool!

I am having trouble getting an avatar to fit into the necessary parameters, though, even after I downsize it to 40 x 40 pixels, or whatever.

Cheers!

Glenn

EDIT: Everyone see Wallace and Gromit there?:thu:

EDIT ": Freeman, I'll try to get a couple of things to you this week. Cheers, Glenn

Hey Guys & Gals. I have listened to a few songs so far and loved them. I bow to your skills.

I got DSL and sadly, it is running about as fast as my dial-up service did so it takes a lot of time to download. Anyone have any suggestions of how to save the files once they are downloaded if you have a Mac (which I do?) So far I can't save anything. We Mac owners don't have right click/left click.

Thanks again Freeman and Krash. This is what it is all about indeed!

Hold the 'alt' key down when you click on the link. That, at least, is what works on my German mac keyboard.

Usually the Mac equivalent of right-click is ctrl+click. Use this when you click on the link for the first time.

I would recommend getting a two-button wheel mouse though! Then you can really take advantage of Expose.

Usually the Mac equivalent of right-click is ctrl+click. Use this when you click on the link for the first time.

I would recommend getting a two-button wheel mouse though! Then you can really take advantage of Expose.

+1. I have a Mac and the best thing I've done for it so far is get a two button mouse with a scroll wheel. Its frighteningly convenient.

But if you don't have a mouse, Baba, holding down the ctrl key while you click works just fine.

Ellen

Absolutely wonderfully to put tones with Avatars! Everybody's playing is so enjoyable. Thanks to all who have contributed so far, with extra cudos to Freeman and Krash. Perhaps some day I'll get something put together to submit.