Unofficial HCAG Annex

Freeman Keller

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Cleaning out the archives, dusting off the papers and donating whatever there is to share for other imaginations to freely use. I'll be submitting poems/lyrics I've written over the years (not many) that may be useful fodder. Finally going through my late father's memoirs I found a small collection of my writings he saved. These will be posted to the Songs Without Music in the Songwriting section of the Annex. Again, use them as is, cut up or as you see fit for you.

I submitted 2 today. One is a rather lengthy, run-on sentence in a twisting, forking contextual wordplay exercise but there's still a resurrecting message. The other is a straight forward simple rhyme dedicated to love. Even the most curmudgeonly bard slips now and then.

• Members

M - received three just now - my old Compaq is getting increasingly squirrelly lately, and my mail client crashed a couple times, once while d/ling today's mail. Did I get everything you sent?

Yep. Three. I'll PM you when others have been sent with the count. Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Just completed some housecleaning at the Annex, to get it a bit more organized on the server. Nothing's changed, but some files are in different locations. If you have direct links to any of the main sections, or to a member's music page, they won't work. Just go to the home page and use the nav bar to get where you're going, and you can bookmark the new url when you get there. Any of the following will take you to the home page -

www.thekrashsite.com

www.thekrashsite.com/annex

www.thekrashsite.com/hcag

For any of you who had a problem with your browser locking up at the home page (Stack), the following links disable the news scroller -

www.thekrashsite.com/annex/indexns.htm

www.thekrashsite.com/hcag/indexns.htm

If you have direct links to a member's mp3's, they'll still work.

If you can't find something, or get a dead link, post here or pm me.

• Members

I hope this is the right place for this. If not, please delete and I'll repost it in a more appropriate spot.

A while back I posted a thread about getting my guitar back from the luthier and being unhappy with how it played. I just ran through the tests at the Annex and here are my results for the C350 (the one I'm happy with) and the C850 (the one that disappoints me).

C350:

Relief: About 0.015

Low E: 2/32"

High E:

The 24" rule hits just above the bridge and there is about 3/32" of saddle sticking out. With a capo on the second fret, I cannot see any clearance between the strings at the first fret.

C850:

Relief: 0.010

Low E: >3/32"

High E: >2/32"

The 24" rule hits about 2/32" below the bridge. With the capo on the second fret, I cannot see any clearance between the the strings at the first fret.

A couple questions here. First, since I don't have clearance between the strings and first fret with a capo on the second, should I be concerned if I'm presently happy with how the C340 plays?

Second, with the exception of where the 24" rule hits the bridge on the C850, it seems my action and relief are close to what should be expected, so is this more a matter of me not being used to the higher action or should I be concerned that the rule hits below the bridge?

Third, I don't have 4/32" or more of saddle sticking out for either guitar. I may be filing the saddle down on the C350 to accommodate an under the saddle pickup. When I do this should I shoot for having 4/32" even if I'm happy with the way it plays now?

Much thanks in advance for any help you guys can give me!

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

Sounds like you're trying to register at VOM. That's a different website altogether - it's handled by Joe (Ohioarrow). I believe he does new registrations himself, to keep spammers out, so drop him a PM and he should be able to help.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Members

If you have music on the Annex,
please
go
and submit your choices for how you'd like your songs distributed on the MelodyStream network.

Thanks!

Krash, you might want to make a mainstream thread post about this. Some peeps might not even know what the MS player/network is, much less that you're streaming their music with it. CYA, dude.

• Members

I posted it in a new thread when I posted this - pretty good response so far. Joe addressed MelodyStream in the current VOM thread. Gets a lot more views than anything I post. Would rather let him explain it - he's developed it far beyond my original (simple) idea. The link in my posts goes to a page that includes the imbedded player, so people who haven't been to Annex or VOM recently can see what it is.

Archived