OT: explain your avatar

kwakatak

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

You mean Frank Black?

frank12.jpg

Well I'll be damned. That's who it is. :idea: I really didn't know.

Some time ago, a guy showed up here using the moniker, "FretFiend". He was clearly a Zager shill, and was fairly quickly run off. He used that picture I posted as his avatar. You might notice that my moniker is quite similar to his. I even used his avatar for a while. Some people on here still to this day believe that I'm that Zager shill. :lol:

I had no idea who the guy in that picture was.

I've been told that Ermey fits me better. :lol:

• Members

And I thought Oldtwelver's photo was current.

Now, let's be nice Michael ..... :poke:

A little hair color, some well placed botox around those "baby blues" that have gotten me in so much trouble over the years, and the extra ten pounds will be hidden behind the very same guitar. I still wear tight jeans, and from the back row of any decent size venue, you'd hardly notice I've aged one bit !! Okay, maybe a backup band to cover up my rusty playing. But hey, I'm good for another twenty years by my estimate .....

:cool:

Paul

• Members

My avatar is a shot of me just before teeing off on the first hole at Pebble Beach, taken about 5 years ago, my very first round at Pebble Beach.

I birdied the hole :) and shot an 84. :thu:

Not quite at the Kwak level of symbolism, but the shot reminds me not to take life too seriously.

I've had a couple of similar moments with my daughter when she was very very young, and they are very profound. Very profound indeed.

Archived