April SPAM Thread: Uncle Sam's sending you a check to buy a new guitar!

Mazi Bee

• Members

FS

Warwick Rockcase Plexiglass Display Case

IMG_0337.jpg
Shown here with a telecaster for size reference.

Unfortunately it is damaged, but only cosmetically. IT DOES NOT AFFECT THE OPERATION OF THE CASE OR LOCK MECHANISM. I pounded it mostly straight and replaced the rivets with screws. Damage shown here:

IMG_0339.jpg

This is selling for 125 on ebay so I'll start my price at $65.

Please buy it from me.

Didn't you get that for free?

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

You can get the ebony version for $300 with source code 803T.

You know, I nearly pulled the trigger on that deal.

And it's a good one.. $300 for a brand new Epi LP P90..

But you know how GAS is.. I want, nay, need a Goldtop. I'm very stubborn that way. I'll go bankrupt being that way.

• Members

I personally have a hard time selling something to someone that I got for free.

Depends on the situation; was it a gift or something that was received as damaged and he got a free replacement? Either one of those I can see as being no problem at all. Its his and it doesn't really matter how he came to get it. I get most of my gear at pretty good prices and I'll pass some of that savings on when I sell it, but I am not going to tell someone that I am only losing 35% of what I paid for it. If it has value to someone else and I own it and someone is willing to pay for it then the manner in which I obtained it is pretty irrelevant.

Now if he had begged for one from here or someone sent it to him like in one of those 'lets all pitch in and get _____ a case because he has no money and needs it' threads; than yeah that would be kind of {censored}ty.

• Members

trying to set up a meet so I can buy the rock case. For the money, its a great deal :thu:

FS

Warwick Rockcase Plexiglass Display Case

IMG_0337.jpg
Shown here with a telecaster for size reference.

Unfortunately it is damaged, but only cosmetically. IT DOES NOT AFFECT THE OPERATION OF THE CASE OR LOCK MECHANISM. I pounded it mostly straight and replaced the rivets with screws. Damage shown here:

IMG_0339.jpg

This is selling for 125 on ebay so I'll start my price at $65.

Please buy it from me.

• Members

xv-900-small.jpg

It's a lovely guitar. I don't play it. Gold hardware, semi-hollow, bound body and neck, two GFS Fat PAF pickups, coil-tapped, push-pull pots. I have the pick guard, it's just not on the guitar at the moment. The serial number is XV900-1033.

$300/obo plus actual shipping cost, shipper of your choice.

Here's the scoop -- the former owner had cut the GFS pickups off (very close to the pickups) and wired in some random pickups he'd found at a guitar show. I replaced the GFS pickups, but it was a fussy job splicing in new cables (four wires plus shield). It's a competent job (heat-shrink tubing, etc.) but not one a full-time professional would do.

The silver badges on the headstock have been painted with black; the paint filled the cracks, and improved the look (IMHO). See http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj20/dogfish37/CIMG1459.jpg for a close-up.

There is also some wear apparent on the gold-tone hardware.

It is also possible that this is a blem. There is a small clouded area on the back side, which may be in the finish, or may wipe right out. I haven't bothered to work on it. I can post a pic if anyone is interested (and/or try to clean it off, if someone can recommend an appropriate solvent).

If you're picky about the finish, or only want stock pickups wired by the manufacturer, this isn't the guitar for you. If you're looking for a good semi-hollow for about the price of a used Epiphone Dot, and might swap out the pickups anyway, this might be the guitar for you.

Also note I don't have a hard case for it. If you've got one, you could send it to me, I'll put the guitar in it, and ship it back. Or tell me which one you want, I'll buy it, and add the price to the total. Or I can ship it w/o a hard case (not highly recommended).

- Dogfish

• Members

Here is your chance to get great vintage tone, and help me buy that Vox Virage I have been dreaming of.

59 Fender Bassman Reissue
Home use only--never gigged. The amp has seen very little use, and it is very clean with no tears or worn spots. The cover is included, and I have the original receipt. $800.00

THD Gold HotPlate attenuator--Perfect for that new Bassman you only just acquired. Little used--great shape. $250

Buyer pays shipping. Good equipment and honest dealing. You can examine my ebay rating.

Buy soon or look for em on ebay soon.

• Members

I've gotten a couple of hits, but nothing locked down yet...

up for possible trade for a Gibson LP.
Mesa Boogie Quad preamp (With foot switch)
Mesa Boogie 295 Simul Power amp

perhaps more in the rack or the entire rack itself depending on guitar offered.
Or $1250 + shipping for the Mesa Rack Gear.

Interested parties should PM me.

More pics here.
http://s173.photobucket.com/albums/w55/FortSmithMusic/Amps/
quad666.jpg

• Members

Yeah peeps. I'm not really feeling the new viper. I'm considering sending it back to Musicians Friend, but I'm gonna put it here if anyone's interested. Brand new, 2 days old. 3 hours of playtime TOPS.

Anyway, I'm looking for a six string. Shoot me some offers. I'm particularly interested in ESP's, Fender's and Gibsons. Let me know what you have I can give you cash if your guitar is more expensive. Does not come with case. I'll let it go for $500 plus shipping. I'll ship anywhere.

Couple of pics here: http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/gear-equipment/53962-my-ultimate-ngd-56k-40-pics-better-luck-next-time.html

CIMG0886.jpg

PM Me if interested.

• Members

Sale or Trade...

Strat clone that's been upgraded with staggered Alnico 5 PU's, American 250k CTS Pot's, CRL Switch, Switchcraft Jack, and cloth covered wire.

Fender spec poplar body, Hard Maple Neck with a Rosewood 22 fret fretboard, about a 14" radius, vintage tuners. Comes with a case.

Crafted in Japan by the Suzuki Music Company. 150.00 shipped OBO

s5030313aap9.jpg

Also have a Crate KX-15 Keyboard/guitar 2 Channel 15w SS amp. 5 EQ controls, headphone jack.

Excellent practice amp, accepts boards or pedals very well. 55.00

Trade needs/wants/desires... Would Love to get my hands on Norm Stocktons Grooving for Heaven DVD's... and my daughter is taking bass lessons, so I'd like to get her one to take back to college with her, also so she leaves mine alone. :) so maybe a short scale bass or other Basses, or Bass gear, etc... Also could use a good Pedal tuner, or other pedals, like a MultiFX say a Zoom G2.1u etc (Don't need any distortion, overdrive or Phaser's though.)

Heck just make me an offer who knows what I'll let it go for, video games etc.., who knows, cause since I mostly play bass, I just don't play guitar that much, and it's just sitting there.

• Members

SOLD

Wanting to trade for Marshall a two or four-channel JVM head

This is the second or third (somewhere around there) V-rock made according to Trace at Voodoo Amps. It is in a V-plex enclosure since it's such an early make, but is 100% V-rock circuitry. I believe the original owner bought it as a v-plex then returned it to get some more dirt to it. Trace then made into a V-rock. Trace just recently updated it to todays specs in February. The two channel II inputs do nothing.

It features extremely versatile tone controls, a master volume and a gain control. There is a mode switch for a normal gain setting which is slightly louder and very crunchy and a high gain setting for metal. It's 50 watts and ridiculously loud.

Some minor tolex damage. Things sounds amazing (so freaking clear and articulate), but I already have a 1 channel 2203 that I have a special thing for. I need the JVM for it's versatility and it reminded me a lot of my 2203.

Will sell outright for $1400 shipped

Thanks

DCP_0099.jpg

DCP_0100.jpg

DCP_0101.jpg

DCP_0102.jpg

DCP_0103.jpg

Archived