April SPAM Thread: Uncle Sam's sending you a check to buy a new guitar!

Mazi Bee

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Hey, heads up guys. I wanted to let everyone know about a free pedal give away at Gear-Monkey. Actually, there are 4 free pedals give-away this month. Last month was a Boss pedal give-away, it was so much fun, it's going to continue again for the month of April.

Read more details here: Free Guitar Pedal Give-Away.

Here are actual photos of the free guitar pedals.

DSCN4342Small.jpg

• Members

Dont know the make or year of this guitar .. guy traded it too me as a guild but later found out guild never made bolt ons (NOT a guild guitar!) .. anyways the actual make and year is a mystery to me ..no markings to tell brand or model... guesstimating to be 10 -20 years old .. usual wear for guitar that age ..no cracks in body ..minor fret wear... chipped volume knob ....

$300 /interesting trades (small tube amp,analog pedals)/obo

redguitar.jpg

redguitar2.jpg

• Members

EDIT: SOLD!

Have my eye on a real nice taylor A/E, so considering selling my yamaha to help fund that dream..

i am original owner of this Yamaha Compass CPX-8SY. Bought this around 2001 from a yamaha dealer, and this has a lifetime warranty on it thru yamaha should something ever happen in future. Violet burst finish. Solid Spruce Top, solid White Sycamore Back and Sides. Mahogany Neck with Rosewood Fingerboard. System 45 2-way Preamp w/ Piezo Pickup + Microphone. zero problems, well cared for by me, always kept in its case with a dampit thingy for proper humidity. no fret wear (play electrics 95% of the time). I have original HSC which is also in excellent condition. Asking $500 + shipping for both. I would prefer local pickup in the upstate NY area and would provide a substantial discount in that scenario.

here's some pics:

1332527359_3c2cc74cca_b.jpg

• Members

Xaviere XV550 Cherry sunbusrt hollow Les paul. Like new shape and set up for LOW action. the GFS pups sound amazing IMHO and this guitar is truly a value at the price. I dont think this one was a blem. they are totally sold out of these and I would like to get 230 shipped paypal fees covered.

Thanks!

• Members

Anyone around the Ithaca area want a Fender Cyber Deluxe amp? Good condition overall with the exception that the first button on the 4 button footswitch isn't working. It's way too heavy to ship so anyone in the area that wants to come down and buy it you're more than welcome. I've run into some car trouble and could use the extra cash. $375

PICT0025-1.jpg

• Members

This item is no longer for sale.

EDIT: Here's some extra information from Rondo's web site about this guitar. The ST-1000 retailed for $299.99 new, which did not include a gig bag or shipping.

# Solid, 2-piece Alder body

# Three staggered pole Alnico V single coil pickups with fiber bobbin and American made single conductor braided 18 gauge wire provide the professional sound you are looking for!

# High voltage pots with brass shafts for reduced noise

# You can tailor the sound with 1 volume and 2 tone controls plus a 5-way pickup selector switch

# Canadian Maple neck with Maple fretboard, and adjustable truss rod

# Wilkinson WVP2 SP two point pivot tremolo for ultra smooth vibrato

# Solid Steel sustain block for improved sustain

# Push in vibrato arm, solid stainless steel saddles and stagger drilled block for improved intonation

# Wilkinson E-Z-LOK

• Members

***** SOLD PENDING FUNDS *****

I've decided to sell my Xavaire XV700. It is a beautiful piece, with good PUP's, but for reasons I can not explain, its not my thing. This is a B stock, but the blems are not obvious (at least to me). I am asking $185 shipped to the 48 states. No International. Please email me if interested => bkail@comcast.net

XV700_1.JPG

XV700_2.JPG

XV700_3.JPG

Thanks,

- Woody

• Members

Selling my Peavey omniac jerry donahue custom shop tele

00002-5.jpg

00009.jpg

It plays real nice, set up the 3 saddle bridge for proper intonation, and the custom pickup sounds AWESOME. real nice sounding guitar I just find myself using my starforce's middle pickup when i want a clean tone more.

looking for an ac30/similar amp, gretsch guitar, nice tele, or cash. it's like 1300-1600$ new so i'm looking for 750$ plus shipping OBO. make me an offer.

• Members

I am selling a like-new Reverend 1x12 speaker cab. Before I throw it up on Ebay, I thought I'd list it here and see if any of you guys want it.

Model 112C

8 ohm

50 watts

The speaker is an All-Tone 1250

The speaker itself and the cabinet are both made in the U.S.

It's never left my house, so it is in like-new condition.

$250 OBO

I am in NYC, but I am also willing to ship the cab if the buyer pays shipping.

DSC00674.jpg

DSC00675.jpg

DSC00676.jpg

DSC00677.jpg

DSC00678.jpg

DSC00679.jpg

• Members

OK, check this one out. It came from a pawn shop in Phoenix probably about five years ago in pretty much the same road-weary condition you see here. Ugly, but plays and sounds great. From Japan sometime in the mid-1980s or so. I am sure if it could talk it could tell you about each and every scar. I can be hard on gear from time-to-time, but never that hard. :p Don't relic a guitar yourself - get this happily pre-beaten instrument! ;)

Too many dings to name, some wear on the fretboard, nothing affecting play. See the pics, obviously. I guess the biggest thing I would look at is the body crack at the neck joint on the treble side, see the pic. Several of my bolt-on guitars have developed these, and this one hasn't changed since I have had the guitar. No issues, but something you should know.

All electonics work great - the microswitch puts the neck and bridge pickups in or out of phase with each other.

All in all, a nifty guitar that's had a hard life, but has a lot of living left to do.

$135 shipped CONUS.

100_3130.jpg

100_3131.jpg

100_3132.jpg

100_3133.jpg

100_3134.jpg

100_3135.jpg

100_3136.jpg

100_3137.jpg

• Members

Here's a cheap-but-nice Fernandes - can't remember the model - but it proudly still wears its Made in China sticker. Plays and sounds great, one tiny ding along an edge, no other wear to speak of. Volume, and pickup selection. Hey, tone controls are for wusses. Sort of a screaming metal-type of guitar. No ohmmeter here, but I can tell you the p'ups are pretty hot. $135 shipped CONUS.

100_3164.jpg

100_3165.jpg

100_3166.jpg

100_3167.jpg

100_3168.jpg

100_3169.jpg

100_3170.jpg

• Members

Hey All:

I'm selling my Gibson Faded SG Special, that I bought from Sweetwater in November. It has been upgraded with Genuine Gibson Humbucker Covers and professionally installed and set up with D'Addario's 10's. I also will include a SG truss rod cover. The guitar has minimal use and will ship in the original Gibson box with Gibson Gigbag. I still have the warranty papers, that need to be sent in. I'm only selling because I'm a Les Paul guy. Would consider trade for a comparable Gibson Les Paul. See the original pictures from Sweetwater and now with the covers. Thanks

SOLD

Listed on ebay 4-20-08:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=140226387823&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT&ih=004

023370573-front-l1-1.jpg

GibsonSGSpecialFaded1b.jpg

GibsonSGSpecialFaded2j.jpg

023370573-back-l1.jpg

023370573-back-l1.jpg

GibsonSGSpecialFaded5g.jpg

More pictures upon request.

Archived