Two things that are just wrong

gardo

• Members

Then there's people like me that float their trems but seldom use the bar. Still haven't found the wang bar to fit my 89 American and I've had it for a year. I just like the sound and playability better that way (as opposed to blocking or decking). I do use the bar on a couple of my Strats but very sparingly and mostly for surf tunes.

• Members

I don't object to either. I wouldn't mind a hardtail Strat but I think Teles are butt ugly (except the Thinline for some reason) so I wouldn't own one regardless. A Les Paul or SG with a Bigsby is something I could easily see, not so much a floating trem.

• Members

Indeed, simply put tremolo is a volume fluctuation and vibrato is a frequency fluctuation

Don't tell Floyd

FloydRoseOriginalbySchaller.jpg

trem·o·lo

ˈtreməˌlō/

noun MUSIC

• a wavering effect in a musical tone, typically produced by rapid reiteration of a note, or sometimes by rapid repeated variation in the pitch of a note or by sounding two notes of slightly different pitches to produce prominent overtones.
    • a mechanism in an organ producing a tremolo.
    • a lever on an electric guitar producing a tremolo.
      noun: tremolo arm; plural noun: tremolo arms

• Members
I don't see anything wrong with this, and not sure why'd you;d knock it before you tried it...idiotic.

StreamImage.aspx?Image_ID=71A7076D-B926-435F-B7C9-370A3BCC70A8&Image_Type=image

I'd knock it just for the sake of shaking things up and making someone post a pic

Hey wait a minute I never did knock that . I'm knocking Teles with a trem and Strats without

I like Teles I play the heck out of mine.

• Members

Not sure where you picked that up from?? Anyways here the Wikipedia

Some electric guitars use a (somewhat misnamed) device called a "tremolo arm" or "whammy bar" that allows a performer to lower or raise the pitch of a note or chord, which is known as vibrato. This non-standard use of the term "tremolo" refers to pitch rather than amplitude.

• Members
Not sure where you picked that up from?? Anyways here the Wikipedia

Some electric guitars use a (somewhat misnamed) device called a "tremolo arm" or "whammy bar" that allows a performer to lower or raise the pitch of a note or chord, which is known as vibrato. This non-standard use of the term "tremolo" refers to pitch rather than amplitude.

So even the dictionaries can't agree.

Either way my amp has it covered. The footswitch says vibrato and the control knob is labeld tremolo

• Members

I'd knock it just for the sake of shaking things up and making someone post a pic

Hey wait a minute I never did knock that . I'm knocking Teles with a trem and Strats without

I like Teles I play the heck out of mine.

Not you...some other yahoo.

I mean someone else! :cool:

BTW...I agree with your OP!

• Members
I don't object to either. I wouldn't mind a hardtail Strat but I think Teles are butt ugly (except the Thinline for some reason) so I wouldn't own one regardless. A Les Paul or SG with a Bigsby is something I could easily see' date=' not so much a floating trem.[/quote']

deepend...he hates teles! :sm-drool:

Archived