Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the nicest Fender Stratocaster you have ever played?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the nicest Fender Stratocaster you have ever played?

The rules....

It had to be made by Fender, and it had to be a strat.
    Not a Grosh, Suhr, Rocketfire, G &L, custom build, etc.... NO COPIES.

With that said....what (year/model/series) was the nicest Fender Strat you have ever laid your hands on?

1958 Lavender Strat that I owned for maple necks 1960 Slab board Mary Kay that I had and wish I never sold.

Comment

My 2008 charcoal grey metallic MIA Std. I went through over 30 strats (used to flip them) and this one just had it, for whatever reason. I've since changed the neck and it still sounds just as good so it must be the body.
      One MIA Fender Strat, one Gibson Les Paul, one Martin Acoustic, what more do you need?

http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/...ps92b32f13.gif

Comment

It started out as a MIM strat that I bought because I loved the color. I've spent the past 4-5 years trying to bond with it. I almost sold it several times because I couldn't, but I kept because I love the color. Upgraded nearly everything on it... it finally came down to the neck. I build custom necks, and decided to put one of my necks on it. WOW! It is bokote over birdseye maple,abalone markers, medium-tall frets, 12" radius on top and deep C on the bottom, and FAT! Measures nearly 1-7/8" at the nut. It really transformed the sound in a way that's hard to describe, but probably most notable is the sustainnnnnnnnn...... And I love the feel of a strat with a fat neck! I have some of John Benson's handwounds in it... great pickups!

Please visit my website www.treeguitarworks.com

Comment

The master built ones I've picked up have been consistently amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by stormin1155 View Post
            It started out as a MIM strat that I bought because I loved the color. I've spent the past 4-5 years trying to bond with it. I almost sold it several times because I couldn't, but I kept because I love the color. Upgraded nearly everything on it... it finally came down to the neck. I build custom necks, and decided to put one of my necks on it. WOW! It is bokote over birdseye maple,abalone markers, medium-tall frets, 12" radius on top and deep C on the bottom, and FAT! Measures nearly 1-7/8" at the nut. It really transformed the sound in a way that's hard to describe, but probably most notable is the sustainnnnnnnnn...... And I love the feel of a strat with a fat neck! I have some of John Benson's handwounds in it... great pickups!

Nice neck. How much does something like that cost?

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Scottie C View Post

Nice neck. How much does something like that cost?
              Thanks! Prices start around $200. That is what I'd charge for this one. Actually I'd let this one go for a little less, since it technically isn't new. Check out my Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/tree.guitarworks
              Tree Guitarworks is on Facebook. Join Facebook to connect with Tree Guitarworks and others you may know. Facebook gives people the power to share and makes the world more open and connected.
              Please visit my website www.treeguitarworks.com

Comment

When I was a kid, the kid across the street from me had a Stratocaster which he let me play. I was 9 he was 11. 1962, nice guitar. He kept it and played in a band in high school, late 60's and a jug band before that. He showed me a few tunes. I have no idea where he is now, we both moved.
                So many guitars, so little time

Comment

rory gallagher tribute

Comment

A reissue of a 1954. Had a great neck and wonderful sounding pickups. Couldn't afford it back then and don't see too many around these days. Not sure why.

Comment

Originally posted by stormin1155 View Post

Looks like Sage Green Metallic. I have one and love that color. It's an '04 MIM and I love the skinny frets, hate the skinny neck though.
                      http://www.harmonycentral.com/t5/Electric-Guitars/I-smeared-bacon-fat-on-my-strat-now-it-stinks/td-p/16697195

Comment

I'll stick with my (early) 1955. I like the big crazy knobs, round pickup covers, football switch and round string tree. Sounds great with the matching '55 Deluxe.
                        Last edited by BG76; 05-12-2014, 05:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BG76 View Post
                          I'll stick with my (early) 1955. I like the big crazy knobs, round pickup covers, football switch and round string tree. Sounds great with the matching '55 Deluxe.
                          Now there is a boy with some deep pockets for that set-up.

Still....I am sure a SX through a 1986 Gorilla 25watt sounds just as good. philthumb

Comment

Close up of the pickup covers. Really different on the really early models:

Comment

Not sure if it counts but there was a maple fingerboard Squier (50's Classic vibe?) and obviously tone wasnt fantastic but the neck was a delight
                              I may not be cool, good looking or rich...But I know where my towel is

Good deals with Chris.Novak, neilrocks25 and headlow was a gent

Comment

Working...
                              X