Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has Billy Gibbons ever played a stack?

He's a devout combo man, isn't he? In the clip below, though, he uses an Orange half stack. But a full stack is unheard of, isn't it?

RockNote: Yamaha SA2200 -> Area 51 wah –> Pentavocal -> Dlx Moon Phaser => 2 x Cornford Carrera. Kramer Pacer > Phase 100 > Crybaby > TS9 > Fender Princeton Chorus.

The first time I saw him he was playing his Les Paul through a rather large Sunn rig.

you can't control the wind but you can learn to sail

contentment is true wealth

Comment

I think those Orange amp are there just for looks seeing as how they aren't miked and I don't see anything plugged into them.
      ~ Fear is your only god ~

Comment

I think those Orange amp are there just for looks seeing as how they aren't miked and I don't see anything plugged into them.

And one is upside down.

In general, what you see on the stage and what is in use are often quite different things.

Comment

Nope, only "3" full stacks oke:

Mesa Boogie MK III
          Marshall DSL 50
          JCA 20H
          ADA MP-1

Kramer Stagemaster
          Gibson Les Paul Studio Premium Plus
          Gibson Les Paul Vintage Mahogony
          Fender HM Strat
          Paul Reed Smith SE Custom

Comment

Yeah- I saw them c. 1990 and they had full Marshall Stacks.
            "Who wants an orange whip? Orange whip? Orange whip? Three orange whips!"

Comment

Okay, cool. I stand corrected.
              RockNote: Yamaha SA2200 -> Area 51 wah –> Pentavocal -> Dlx Moon Phaser => 2 x Cornford Carrera. Kramer Pacer > Phase 100 > Crybaby > TS9 > Fender Princeton Chorus.

Comment

Billy is the ultimate gear misleader

whatever it looks like, sounds like or he describes is almost certain not to be the case.
                Rules for a Happy Life:
                Never attribute to malice, that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
                I am happy with who I am. You do not have to like me.

Originally Posted by aenemated
                doc always has been and always will be. He behaves as if he is 18 years old with worlds of wisdom

6 senses, 5 cables, 4 different coloured guitars, 3 amps, 2 pedals, 1 footswitch.
                Statutory Disclaimer: Any advice I may give is ill-informed and is to be treated with the utmost suspicion.

Comment

Billy is the ultimate gear misleader

whatever it looks like, sounds like or he describes is almost certain not to be the case.

"ultimate gear misleader" - love that

Comment

I think I read a few years ago that he was using a JCM 900 stack.
                    Rivera K-Tre
                    Randall T2

Carvin, Gibson, ESP

Good deals with: Shredtilurded, Juggernaut, Guillatool1( x2 ), MatrixClaw, CRANK,Clonexx, Chris the Asian, Slav123, lfrz93, ldonnell89, Khoifish321, bankboy, JJPSGAK, DTorg, jdr94, Yo_Squig, coolblues309, samthinguy, MorgMetal666, Uberthrall, Duke318, Harris, Katana, mctallica1, JerEvil, GuidanceofSin, phreddy, O'Rourke, Toshiro, the4thlast1, aywilson, shask, NeoAngelo, TomCray, scottcrud,sdgails, GibsonVMan, 100 watt

Comment

I've heard many stories of Billy micing a combo backstage going out over the Pa as his "real sound".
                      "Born to Play" MP3 album at iTunes & Amazon.

Comment

I've heard many stories of Billy micing a combo backstage going out over the Pa as his "real sound".

I can only offer this. While being led backstage for a meet and greet with the band during the Afterburner tour I only saw one amp, it was a Peavey Special 130, or a Bandit 65, with a Sennheiser 421 in front of it, under the stage.
                        Originally Posted By Trace-P38
                        Flogger wins.

Originally Posted by Uma Floresta View Post
                        Because we floggers won the music war some time ago.

Originally Posted by Mike Riley View Post
                        Preaching to the choir Rush in on a whole different level to quote a movie You might listen to Rush but you cant here Rush

http://www.box.net/shared/x85lhnst14

Comment

The amps on stage are props and endorsement stuff.
                          Gibbons usually has his real amp mic'd behind the wall.
                          i have come to the conclusion that he is some form of god. no mere mortal has that many guitars/pedals/amp/anything. "It boggles my mind. His collection is the most glorious and true expression of GAS.To each his own though. Amazing collection of beauties. It takes some seriously messed up OCD to compile a collection like that.I hate BBreaker. Damn, I hate him.Suck it.We learned that bbreaker is some sort of god. A god of whine.fk this guy.

Comment

At various times at the Texas Vintage Guitar Show, I saw him with Peavey SS stuff and with a Tweed Fender of some sort... something bigger than a Tweed Deluxe.
                            Originally Posted by Doctor Morbius:

"When it comes to gear vs talent I'll be the first to admit that I sit in the Mayor's seat in Poserville."

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X