Supernatural Ambient Reverb

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quote Originally Posted by nick fury
    View Post

I'm curious, because the spring on RV-7 is excellent and I can't imagine it being any closer to the blackface sound. The plate sounds really good as well. I thought the main difference with supernatural is the addition of the huge pad like verbs.

i have both, and i LOVE the spring on the rv-7. the most notable differences are the option to go 100% wet (a big seal the deal thing with me) and the new algorithm is apparently dead on with a spring reverb tank. i havent had the opportunity to a/b the two yet, but i dont think i need to. you can get a wide range of spring sounds from ampeg type spring to fender blackface to quirky in between stuff. the level, liveliness, and decay knobs really work in concert to shape the sound. home run touchdown.

the rv-7 is still a keeper for more subtl stuff as well as that ****************ing reverse. so god damn good. im also very fond of the room preset, surprisingly.
    Test Tech Wattson Classic ElectronicsEL KABONG wrote: I turned down $25 grand cash for gay sex.

Comment

• I wouldn't say it's exactly dead on with my blues jr's spring reverb or most amp verbs i've played as it's a little drippier and has slightly more distinct reflections, but it's really good-sounding.
      www.shoepedals.com

Comment

• in my experience the blues jr reverb is really unique as far as amp reverb goes. its got this really deep drippy sound in the higher settings. not a classic fender reverb in my opinion. but also part of its charm.

ive had two, btw.
        Test Tech Wattson Classic ElectronicsEL KABONG wrote: I turned down $25 grand cash for gay sex.

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by echodeluxe
          View Post

in my experience the blues jr reverb is really unique as far as amp reverb goes. its got this really deep drippy sound in the higher settings. not a classic fender reverb in my opinion. but also part of its charm.

ive had two, btw.

Yeah, it's weird. I believe it's solid state driven. It also uses a short spring tank unlike most fenders. The Blues Jr III seems to have a pretty different but awesome-sounding reverb actually.
          www.shoepedals.com

Comment

• yeah the blues jr III is good too, but i prefer the older model reverb.

it is solid state driven and the smaller tank might have a big part in the sound, but im convinced its the reverb circuit itself.

Comment

• So, I recorded a bit of a jam with the timeline and the supernatural.

http://soundcloud.com/shoe-pedals/su...ambient-reverb

Gear used: Stereo strat with neck pickup and bridge pickup run into separate inputs on the timeline, out in stereo to the hardwire, into bass and normal channels of 1967 bassman (bass channel neck pickup, bridge pickup on normal channel) into a 1x12 cab sporting a heritage g-12-65 into an audix d3 mic and an edirol interface that I unfortunately clipped in some places It's what I get for not checking my levels and forgetting to turn the limiter on.
              www.shoepedals.com

Comment

• Damn that sounds good! Was that cut out at 15 when you changed presets?

Comment

• Sounds awesome V.
                  Guitars: Hamer Eclipse, Fender MIM HSS Strat w/ SD Pearly Gates, Agile AL-2000, Squier CV 50s Tele

FX: Ernie Ball VPJR>Wampler Plexidrive>EWS Fuzzy Drive>Line 6 Tap Tremolo>Line 6 DL4

Amp: Blues Junior w/ Warehouse Speakers Green Beret

Originally Posted by Akridosity

A woman with 5 f-holes is not common.

Originally Posted by RuinedToday

i want to ufkin g divorce her withan axe goodnighht

http://loganarcher.bandcamp.com

Comment

• Thanks. I played for like an hour with those two along with my JCM800 Preamp floor unit and a Savior Machine I made for myself. I've got some clips that might be good from the dirty parts too. Ha ha some of that was me figuring out how much reverb i could get away with in front of an extremely high gain preamp also going into a bassman.
                    www.shoepedals.com

Comment

• Sort of some Shoegazey messy stuff in this one.

http://soundcloud.com/shoe-pedals/su...savior-machine

Path was Savior Machine > Supernatural > JCM Pre > Bassman

Starts clean with reverb, adds savior, adds jcm pre
                      www.shoepedals.com

Comment

• bumping this **************** to the first page.
                        www.shoepedals.com

Comment

• Thanks for bumping, great recordings!
                          Originally Posted by arthurdent'd

Canadian politeness is not very rock-n-roll.

Comment

• Digging the heck out of this pedal and am strongly thinking of picking up a second.
                            Originally Posted by Rainer Maria Rilke

Sound, no longer measurable
                            with sense of hearing. As if that tone
                            outstripping us on every side
                            were space maturing.

Comment

• ^do it so I can buy it if you sell
                              Originally Posted by arthurdent'd

Canadian politeness is not very rock-n-roll.

Comment

• the more Wet demos I watch, the better it sounds.....
                                Originally Posted by Inspector 71

I'm only framus in my own mine.

Originally Posted by riff ie

black hole complementarity, or, you won't feel a thing
                                likewise...

Originally Posted by christianatl

I plan on riding my ****************sled through the pussy apocalypse.

Comment

Working...
                                X