Anyone rocking a Yamaha SG???

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone rocking a Yamaha SG???

Interesting looking guitar, like a mashup of a Gibson SG and Les Paul

Anyone using one? How do they play/sound? Are the vintage models as good as the current ones?

Some eye candy...

Originally Posted by RoboPimp

doesn't everyone have a psychedelic dungeon?

Cool people : Tengo, jah_vengeance, Supernova9, scott_tele, 21rush12, HeartfeltDawn, Kaz2550, Kayzer, daysofspeed, kpd78, RoboPimp, jrkirkish, WAWBanks, PerFusionist, Pointer, wiklund87, tubezipper, Foamoi_refreshe, melx, JRBain, arcaneaether, Barnaby, Hardly, strtdv, sh333, RadioSilence, deftoneboy, Poltergeist, Snufkino, Mogwai, Soapbars, fuzzface71, JDE and loads more...

Always wanted to ty a vintage one ofthose but they aren't too common over here.
    Cause sometimes the rhetoric don't go with the contents

Comment

I'm asking about them because I see so many vintage ones (70s I think) on the classifieds in the UK for cheap.

The vintage ones seem to sell cheaper than current production ones, hmmmmm....

Cool people : Tengo, jah_vengeance, Supernova9, scott_tele, 21rush12, HeartfeltDawn, Kaz2550, Kayzer, daysofspeed, kpd78, RoboPimp, jrkirkish, WAWBanks, PerFusionist, Pointer, wiklund87, tubezipper, Foamoi_refreshe, melx, JRBain, arcaneaether, Barnaby, Hardly, strtdv, sh333, RadioSilence, deftoneboy, Poltergeist, Snufkino, Mogwai, Soapbars, fuzzface71, JDE and loads more...

Comment

That P90 one is pure filth

Comment

I'd love to get my hands on one! Sweet guitars. I never see them, and dont like the idea of ordering a new one online.
          JTRO 248

Comment

cool lookin' guitar.
            good guys: english_bob, SG1, red_riviera, chisa, melx, Tayste_2000, tommyld (fuzzhugger), NetStar, bondini, Taylor704, HeartfeltDawn, garethdavies, Uncle Bastard, woolyh, Snufkino, THAT4301, Chugs, Matt0201, fruvai, Prince Squid, eerock, mr benn.

Comment

ugly as ****************
              great deals with Urinate Forever and stratedge09

Originally Posted by DrakkarTyrannis

Ya'll n****s is gay

Cheers, Lucius.

the.Orange.congolomorate Thunderverb 50 sucka!
              SG ARMY

Comment

I think the body shape is pretty classy for a shred guitar

Comment

IIRC Matt Pike played one before he got his Fist Act 9 String. One of my friends has one of the old ones. Thing is pretty beasty, i'd say its more double cut LP than SG as its thick like an LP
                  First Act Delgada/ Greco LP Custom/ Partscaster Strat/ Squier Jazzmaster/Kramer Striker>Pitchblack > WH10> Organizer > Fuzz Factory> Tonebender MKII Pro> STUD > Octavio> Whammy IV > V3 Big Muff; Super Hard On > Whetstone> Instant Lo Fi> PS3> Delaylab>AC30My Good Transactions

Comment

I've played an older one as well as a new one. Both were awesome guitars. Great, thick necks.
                    VHT | Reeves | Fender

Good transactions

Comment

Les Paul killer (heavy as one, too) but only sunburst for me, just like uncle Carlos. Buy a wide strap, or save for shoulder surgery, ladies.

Comment

Shopped a Les Paul just to compare them.

Symmetrical vs. Asymmetrical

Comment

They were good enough for John McGeoch...

Excellent deals done: cmloeffler - GDan - mr benn - kpd78 - ArrMatey - Melx - Daryl Chaney - rememberduane - Barnaby, Hardly - Kid_A - plecoman - mattybigfro - Loobs - Hanglow - Free The Guilty - gjhardwick - Tengo - hangwire - Ancient Mariner - Headlow - ZoomRMC - uncle psychosis - daysofspeed - chisa - JBJ - Mozart82 - Rogsrevenge - theboywho - SG1 - Cirrus - Kayzer - Teahead - AF-100 - stella_blues - woolyh -

Comment

Buy a wide strap, or save for shoulder surgery, ladies.

Quite true!

Good, well-made guitars, but they're not for everyone. Big sounding, big necks, heavy as boat anchors. At least the vintage ones are... I have not played any of the current ones.

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."

- George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."

- Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."

- Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter

Comment

My former singer had an old one that was his dad's. Sounded really good.

Comment

Working...
                              X